Would you still support your club if they moved into the A-league

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheffield Wednesday

regular_2007sheffwedhomefl.jpg

Hawthorn's shirt must be pretty unique - can't think of any football clubs with a shirt like hawthorn's - although you could use Fenerbahce's, just with brown instead of black:
2008-07-25_formacubuklu.jpg

Ugh, hawthorn wearing Fenerbahce kits. my worst fear.

I think i'm going to top myself.

Seeing as the World Cup will mean the end for the AFL - what happens to our clubs? I for one would like to see my club turn into a football side and play in the A-league. Could get some NRL clubs on board as well. Imagine the a-league in 2025:

36 teams - two divisions with 18 teams in each - 36 round season. Link in the VPL, NSWPL etc. so you can have promotion and relegation right through. Have an FFA Cup as well. Would be absolutely massive.

If the AFL was to end one day, would you still support your club in the A-league?

were you born a moron, or did a horse kick you in the head as a kid ?

He said he hated the AFL, not Aussie Rules. There is a difference. Im the same(as long as the Swans Live on, i couldnt give a damm if the AFL Admin just shut up shop) but i still like my country football.

As for Hawthorn colours, i can only think of one club with those type of colours for a home shirt. They are Sutton Utd, an English non-league(and hence small, semi-pro club) 7th tier club(Thats 7 divisions down from the EPL), playing in the Ryman League Premier Division. They dont have stripes though, and wear more of a amber and chocolate colours(what im told).

Here is a couple of what they used to wear(though wear an all amber kit now ATM)

071229maidenhead5.jpg
suttonhome.jpg

Another topic, Newcastle didnt start wearing Black and White till 1894. Notts County are the first black and white club, first recorded to wear those great colours in 1890. They are the club which Juventus got the their famous black and white kit from, and it wouldn't surprise me(Im not saying they did) if they also influenced Collingwood, even in a small way.

Funnily enough, Notts county(and a lessor extent Newcastle) also go by the name Magpies. Weird how that worked out.

He said he hated the AFL, not Aussie Rules. There is a difference. Im the same(as long as the Swans Live on, i couldnt give a damm if the AFL Admin just shut up shop) but i still like my country football.

As for Hawthorn colours, i can only think of one club with those type of colours for a home shirt. They are Sutton Utd, an English non-league(and hence small, semi-pro club) 7th tier club(Thats 7 divisions down from the EPL), playing in the Ryman League Premier Division. They dont have stripes though, and wear more of a amber and chocolate colours(what im told).

Here is a couple of what they used to wear(though wear an all amber kit now ATM)

071229maidenhead5.jpg
suttonhome.jpg

Another topic, Newcastle didnt start wearing Black and White till 1894. Notts County are the first black and white club, first recorded to wear those great colours in 1890. They are the club which Juventus got the their famous black and white kit from, and it wouldn't surprise me(Im not saying they did) if they also influenced Collingwood, even in a small way.

Funnily enough, Notts county(and a lessor extent Newcastle) also go by the name Magpies. Weird how that worked out.

Collingwood I believe got them from the original South Australian state/colony team colours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Would you still support your club if they moved into the A-league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back