WRFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you ever been to a final there ??

Has to be the most boring atmosphereless (is that even a word?) venue in the west.
you put the best games on there, and the crowds ahould turn up.

Should at least test the theory with the Div1 junior GF day there. Wait till you see all the Gandparents, Aunties and Uncles etc all turn up to support the kids, I'm sure it would be a great atmosphere for the kids, let alone the facilities/oval they get to play on.

I'm pretty sure they know the facilities aren't great, not sure where else they could have played.

Willy is a windswept sh1thole, not sure why they didn't use Yarraville both days.

Chirnside park is the best for finals, but Werribee being in the finals puts a stop to that.
Werribee Districts plays at Soldiers' Reserve. Werribee VFL has Churnside Park as their home base.

you put the best games on there, and the crowds should turn up.

Should at least test the theory with the Div1 junior GF day there. Wait till you see all the Grandparents, Aunties and Uncles etc all turn up to support the kids, I'm sure it would be a great atmosphere for the kids, let alone the facilities/oval they get to play on.
The Whitten oval would be even worse for junior finals than it was for senior finals.

When they played the senior GFs there a few years ago, it lacked atmosphere, as the surrounds don't suit crowds of a few thousand.

Werribee Districts plays at Soldiers' Reserve. Werribee VFL has Churnside Park as their home base.
I'm pretty sure he means Werribee VFL being in finals, they are still using the venue
That's correct Hank.

Before Werribee VFL side were making finals, the WRFL held all four weeks of finals there some years, its easily the best ground to play at.

The Whitten oval would be even worse for junior finals than it was for senior finals.

When they played the senior GFs there a few years ago, it lacked atmosphere, as the surrounds don't suit crowds of a few thousand.
Whitten is a vastly improved facility since the senior GFs there over a decade ago. Rebuilt stands and terraces and much better for spectators......but I'd still prefer a packed Chirnside.

Last year's big crowd and atmosphere was fantastic.

Whitten is a vastly improved facility since the senior GFs there over a decade ago. Rebuilt stands and terraces and much better for spectators......but I'd still prefer a packed Chirnside.

Last year's big crowd and atmosphere was fantastic.
2017 was the last one at Whitten oval. It's still very open on the outer side and at each end, that's the problem.

To win it. Have I got the market right ?

Werribee $1.40
CS - $2.60
Hoppers Crossing $3.20

Hoppers form line sets up a cracking Pre Lim.

Anyone brave enough to declare the underdog this week ?

Dogs put nothing in covered by the tax payers

The Western Bulldogs Football Club (WBFC), who are new tenants at the Reserve, are funding half the costs of the redevelopment works to deliver the high quality turf to support their training and activities as well as broad community use.

For more information about the works, visit www.maribyrnong.vic.gov.au/Skinner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last quarter from the Reserves match between Spotswood and Caroline Springs played at Yarraville Oval on Sunday 8th September 2024.

The Lebanese Adonis to Point Cook,
What a massive get for the bulldogs..

Steven Kennedy looks to be set to reunite with “ the Ghaz “.
Rumours also circulating on Patrick Rose to return with the king.
More to come in the following weeks.

Patrick Rose would be a good pick up

I remember reading a few times on wrfl bigfooty over the years that Kennedy wasn’t a fan of Ghaz ?

Kenna is a star but he will be 36 shortly (I went to school with him). How much more impact can he give at Div 1 level?

Rose was cooked 5 years ago.
Kennedy will still be handy, but at 36yo, he wont dominate anywhere near like he used to

That's correct Hank.

Before Werribee VFL side were making finals, the WRFL held all four weeks of finals there some years, its easily the best ground to play at.

The era where Spotty played Port Colts 3 years in a row at Werribee was some of the best atmosphere you’d find at any level of footy. Packed crowds, close games of footy and also some huge blews in the crowd that spilled over onto the playing field one year

The era where Spotty played Port Colts 3 years in a row at Werribee was some of the best atmosphere you’d find at any level of footy. Packed crowds, close games of footy and also some huge blews in the crowd that spilled over onto the playing field one year
how did port not snag at least one of those

This and the Spotty v Albion rivalry that followed. Great era for WRFL Div 1 football.
Altona snagged one in another great game v Spotty then Deer Park won the next 7.

Remove this Banner Ad

WRFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back