WRFL Div 2 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Went and watched the falcons and panthers game, good to see and old fashioned scrap. Wind was swirling and was a great game if your a panthers supporter. Sunshine v Newport should be a ripper prelim. Dont think the cats want Newport in the granny...

Last edited:
Went and watched the falcons and panthers game, good to see and old fashioned scrap. Wind was swirling and was a great game if your a panthers supporter. Sunshine v Newport should be a ripper prelim. Dont think the cats want Newport in the granny...
Did young mesto actually kick Newport's whole score?

Sunshine had two players out on Saturday in Carroll & kerbatieh.

It will be a cracking preliminary final.

Albion were not very convincing on Saturday but got the job done.

Sunshine were gallant

Did young mesto actually kick Newport's whole score?

Sunshine had two players out on Saturday in Carroll & kerbatieh.

It will be a cracking preliminary final.

Albion were not very convincing on Saturday but got the job done.

Sunshine were gallant
Mesto was on fire but he didnt kick 11 maybe 5 or 6... gona be a cracker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How old are you?
An insolent question!
Half the cap of what in the WNFL?
The whole league?
Each individual club?
Half of what WFNL coaches are paid?

No unnerstan.
Half the salary cap of div1 clubs.
Is that half of the combined salary of all the Division 1 Clubs? All I'm asking of you is to be a little precise.
AND you asked my age!! I'm 77 with tertiary quals, and my grammar is very good.

Looking forward to the Albion V Sunshine GF next week. Just wish it was not at Pennell Reserve but at a better ground that has some elevated viewing. I went to the Wyn V Newport game last week at Pennell Reserve and the whole outer side of the ground was closed off to spectators. Entry cost was $17. Not good enough.

Looking forward to the Albion V Sunshine GF next week. Just wish it was not at Pennell Reserve but at a better ground that has some elevated viewing. I went to the Wyn V Newport game last week at Pennell Reserve and the whole outer side of the ground was closed off to spectators. Entry cost was $17. Not good enough.
That’s not a great venue for a GF and why this league is nowhere near the status of EDFL or even Riddell and others. Edfl div3 GF played at Windy Hill so that’s the comparison.

Chirnside Park, Point Gellibrand, Whitten Oval even Yarraville Oval in our region yet they play it at that windswept ground with no finals atmosphere. It really is a bit of a joke.

That’s not a great venue for a GF and why this league is nowhere near the status of EDFL or even Riddell and others. Edfl div3 GF played at Windy Hill so that’s the comparison.
Yarraville seemed to work for Div 2 last year so not sure about the change. Maybe they'll open the outer up for the GF. In any case, there's always ground access logistics to work through thanks to the Bulldogs plus the regular success of Williamstown/Werribee VFL. If Essendon was still based at Windy Hill, EDFL might have been forced off there too? That, along with Coburg rarely reaching let alone hosting finals, makes EDFL's fixturing task a bit simpler.

Yarraville seemed to work for Div 2 last year so not sure about the change. Maybe they'll open the outer up for the GF. In any case, there's always ground access logistics to work through thanks to the Bulldogs plus the regular success of Williamstown/Werribee VFL. If Essendon was still based at Windy Hill, EDFL might have been forced off there too? That, along with Coburg rarely reaching let alone hosting finals, makes EDFL's fixturing task a bit simpler.

Sunshine has lost 3 times to Albion.. are they a chance? Game 1 was close..game 2 Albion strong all day..game 3 Albion only powerful in the 3rd qtr..can sunshine win it ?

Fair points you have mentioned 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

WRFL Div 2 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back