WRFL Div. 2 Season 2008 and Beyond Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know alot of Parksides premiership winning under 18 side already were playing Seniors or have played before. They will be ok

Just wondering what basis so many people make their assumptions on for this year??

Mint, weapons, eva, karim etc - i know you have all been around Divvy 2 for a while and seen the teams and clubs. There seems to be alot of people rubiishing the comp and saying how weak it is and then making comments about how the teams will go. Really - if you havent seen games week in week out - dont judge the comp by reading the local papers and looking in the best players - cause you will have NO idea of what is going on. Scoreboards dont tell the truth.

Yes - yarraville might drop back and be strong - claim to have lost no players - but Parkside said the same thing and Yarravilles last year in A grade was as bad as Parksides last in A grade.

Nth F - might have stumbled - but from games i saw they had periods where they would have had the speed and class to match the bottom / middle A grade clubs. Consistency throughout a match was their biggest downfall. (4 quarters)

Albanvale - get written off each year but always perform because of their depth - people bag them for their ressies finals success but thats reason they have never slipped down ladder in seniors

Deer Park - had a few good years at the top and looking for consistency against top teams - new rooms, old members back around the club - they will be amongst it - as Parkside ppl have said - A grade clubs want to get back and DP was a strong A grade club 10-12 years ago.

North sunshine - hopefully wont fold as a club with alot of history. they will need alot of recruits to make improvemtns byt wiithout them we would have a bye which sucks.

W/vale - had a good year a few years back and will get back up there - young kids in area whihc means a solid time ahead. Clubs like Nth Sun, Deer Park, Albanvale, West F, Nth Foots have all had to overcome aging demographics and investing in jnrs and trying to get god ppl around is all you can do.

Braybrook - same as clubs mentioned - aging area and difficult clientle to attract - multicultural area that isnt into footy. Once again a proud club that has been on the edge many times but too proud to fold. expect them to fight their way back up.

Laverton- anyone who thinks they will finish bottom 4 didnt see any games last year. They have some quality players, were quick and played well as a team. With more structure and a year of gelling between their team and kowing they can compete - expect them to be pushing into finals.

Coburg - similar to Albanvale - just normallt sit few spots lower on ladder. never an easy game and often cause upsets. Biggest problem they have is that they often drop games to teams they should beat a week after knocking off a top side. With many ins and outs they will be unpredictable but will prob struggle to compete with those that have strong recuits and experience in finals.

Parkside - love em or hate em - nobody will take them easy this year. They are the collingwood of Divvy 2 - everyone loves to hate them but secretly admires them for the succes they had over a long time. They can keep talking about their recruits but they will have to play all seaosn as the hunted and dealing with that pressure has seen may good teams come unstuck.

Hope nobody is upset with this - but just thought id give the opinion of someone who has seen enough Divvy 2 and not just read scores and listened to mates mates stories :)
I like that post also and i struggle to disagree with any of that..

Im most impressed with your opinion of Laverton because if i had to describe it would be the same

big statement dude.. man ill tell ya what u would wanna b a good player after all the s hit u talk on here. might start a forum and call it the cain m forum so u can keep talking about ur self tossa.. when we beat ur mob ill make sure i come give u tap on the ass:cool:
GOOD LUCK CHAMP i rekon u might need it

Did i read a couple of pages back that you are a defender?

If so, are you likely to get the job on Mr M when you blokes play Yarraville? Surely if you are keen you could have a whisper in Ace's ear before selection when you play Yarraville.

Out of curiosity, what round do Yarraville play Albanvale?

Interesting topic Cain.

Why have you played or signed for some many clubs in such a short timeframe?

Having had the unfortunate (dis)pleasure (for want of a better word) of having met him, I would hazard to guess that Cain Mansbridge has been to so many clubs because no one can damn well handle him. He is so full of himself that he just can't fit in anywhere! A big spoilt child who challeneges everyone and everything in his way. A prima donna (wonder why?) who has never been put firmly back in his place and told that behaviour like that will not to be tolerated.

Word out of Keilor was that they were only too glad to palm him off to Ballarat. Ask any high profile Keilor player and their responses are all the same.

Signed at Aberfeldie but didn't play last year due to work commitments?
Ha!! Rumour doing the rounds at Abers at the time indicated quite positively that he seriously pissed off everyone from the Coaches, club staff and more importantly, his prospective team mates due to his high maintenance arrogant attitude. I also believe there was a player meeting where they literally informed the powers that be that if he did play there he wouldn't last! Makes one wonder if someone tried to straighten him out but somehow failed miserably?

And granted, sitting behind a PC as anonymous is a privilege but Cain if you're reading this I truly wish you well at Yarraville, but you have brought all of this on yourself. You have to ask yourself why people are so aggressive in their attitudes towards you. Surely players from three or four different clubs can't all be wrong can they?

If you are the great player you talk yourself up as then prove it by doing it. Actions speak louder than words - we all can understand that simple concept. BUT, if you want to last at your new club, you had better treat people with respect and not act like a nutcase or you will definately be looking for yet another club mate. Take this criticism in the spirit that it is offered. Not as a bagging session, but as a conducive way to make you see the light... that only YOU can change people's perception.

You can't change the past young Mr. Mansbridge, but you CAN shape the future!

Having had the unfortunate (dis)pleasure (for want of a better word) of having met him, I would hazard to guess that Cain Mansbridge has been to so many clubs because no one can damn well handle him. He is so full of himself that he just can't fit in anywhere! A big spoilt child who challeneges everyone and everything in his way. A prima donna (wonder why?) who has never been put firmly back in his place and told that behaviour like that will not to be tolerated.

Word out of Keilor was that they were only too glad to palm him off to Ballarat. Ask any high profile Keilor player and their responses are all the same.

Signed at Aberfeldie but didn't play last year due to work commitments?
Ha!! Rumour doing the rounds at Abers at the time indicated quite positively that he seriously pissed off everyone from the Coaches, club staff and more importantly, his prospective team mates due to his high maintenance arrogant attitude. I also believe there was a player meeting where they literally informed the powers that be that if he did play there he wouldn't last! Makes one wonder if someone tried to straighten him out but somehow failed miserably?

And granted, sitting behind a PC as anonymous is a privilege but Cain if you're reading this I truly wish you well at Yarraville, but you have brought all of this on yourself. You have to ask yourself why people are so aggressive in their attitudes towards you. Surely players from three or four different clubs can't all be wrong can they?

If you are the great player you talk yourself up as then prove it by doing it. Actions speak louder than words - we all can understand that simple concept. BUT, if you want to last at your new club, you had better treat people with respect and not act like a nutcase or you will definately be looking for yet another club mate. Take this criticism in the spirit that it is offered. Not as a bagging session, but as a conducive way to make you see the light... that only YOU can change people's perception.

You can't change the past young Mr. Mansbridge, but you CAN shape the future!

All i can say is good luck to all in the upcoming season wish you all the very best of luck both Div 1 and Div 2.

Did i read a couple of pages back that you are a defender?

If so, are you likely to get the job on Mr M when you blokes play Yarraville? Surely if you are keen you could have a whisper in Ace's ear before selection when you play Yarraville.

Out of curiosity, what round do Yarraville play Albanvale?

mate if i have to play on himi will, ill have a crack playing on any1:thumbsu: i doubt ill b playing back line this year though

Albanvale no chance of premiership. They will finsih be 4-6 but not even close to Parkside, Yarraville and Nth Footscray.

The lack genuine Stars and always have been a good team with out having killer instinct.

Good luck for the year tho Albanvale.

Cain,
I find it interesting that you havent played in div 2 for some time and yet you have the knowledge to know that we at Albanvale wont be succesful this season. We are not spruiking about who we have signed or havent signed, so how do you form a oppinion like the above with no knowledge.

i not going to lie to any of u i know last year was a year that no one at the club wanted to have and the worst thing is that it could end up being the best thing for the club. all the people that put themselves before the club and teammates are gone all the money hungary crap players and coachs are gone and the club itself needed to see how bad it was being run by hitting rock bottom... and we all know that we did that. altho our clubrooms are no where near the worst going around they do need a massive improvement our ground will be one of the best this year as it is in the middle of getting cooch grass seeded thru it. as far as the commitee rumours, we did argue and disagree on things but thats what commitees do, we always came to agreement at the end and many many many hard decisions had to be made. the club does have moneywe have already raised nearly $50,000 in sponsors but we spending it wisely. i know i am the right person to take this club into the comming years but if i am not i will step aside without angst, i hate commin on these things and talking to footy people around town knowing the vales had a year like we had and to hear everyone bag the club but i do feel we deserve it and we need to use it to get back to the top and also to continue to sustain and grow the club for the future. sorry i crappin on voys but i got to get these things off my chest...i do feel we are headed in the right direction and i am excited about what lay ahead for 09 for my coachin stake lets hope we win a couple or i may b e in danger hahahahaha

well its been a long time........but you say we got to get back to the top........never have the vales been at the top..........

well its been a long time........but you say we got to get back to the top........never have the vales been at the top..........

Sounds to me that he is trying to be like Clarke from the Colt's,on here raving on,Turdvale hasn't had much going on down there,what is it now two shops left in Honour ave,where are they finding their sponsors,must be all planning to tip in Rudds $950 and their dole payment's.

Sounds to me that he is trying to be like Clarke from the Colt's,on here raving on,Turdvale hasn't had much going on down there,what is it now two shops left in Honour ave,where are they finding their sponsors,must be all planning to tip in Rudds $950 and their dole payment's.

mate you have got to be kidding. we in hoppers can't talk about dirt in our area and unemployment. the dole que isnt only at social security, you can see another que of unemployed standing at KFC each with their rat kids any day of the week at the plaza. dunno if the vale has registered a carjacking but i know we have in hoppers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jamie Zerafa will be playing at Laverton while still being a member of Werribee VFL's list, massive pick up for the club. Also interesting to see Wellsy back in Lavo colors.

Jamie Zerafa will be playing at Laverton while still being a member of Werribee VFL's list, massive pick up for the club. Also interesting to see Wellsy back in Lavo colors.

got cut from werribee
right good pick up for div 2 club probably be a stand out player

Just wondering what basis so many people make their assumptions on for this year??

Mint, weapons, eva, karim etc - i know you have all been around Divvy 2 for a while and seen the teams and clubs. There seems to be alot of people rubiishing the comp and saying how weak it is and then making comments about how the teams will go. Really - if you havent seen games week in week out - dont judge the comp by reading the local papers and looking in the best players - cause you will have NO idea of what is going on. Scoreboards dont tell the truth.

Yes - yarraville might drop back and be strong - claim to have lost no players - but Parkside said the same thing and Yarravilles last year in A grade was as bad as Parksides last in A grade.

Nth F - might have stumbled - but from games i saw they had periods where they would have had the speed and class to match the bottom / middle A grade clubs. Consistency throughout a match was their biggest downfall. (4 quarters)

Albanvale - get written off each year but always perform because of their depth - people bag them for their ressies finals success but thats reason they have never slipped down ladder in seniors

Deer Park - had a few good years at the top and looking for consistency against top teams - new rooms, old members back around the club - they will be amongst it - as Parkside ppl have said - A grade clubs want to get back and DP was a strong A grade club 10-12 years ago.

North sunshine - hopefully wont fold as a club with alot of history. they will need alot of recruits to make improvemtns byt wiithout them we would have a bye which sucks.

W/vale - had a good year a few years back and will get back up there - young kids in area whihc means a solid time ahead. Clubs like Nth Sun, Deer Park, Albanvale, West F, Nth Foots have all had to overcome aging demographics and investing in jnrs and trying to get god ppl around is all you can do.

Braybrook - same as clubs mentioned - aging area and difficult clientle to attract - multicultural area that isnt into footy. Once again a proud club that has been on the edge many times but too proud to fold. expect them to fight their way back up.

Laverton- anyone who thinks they will finish bottom 4 didnt see any games last year. They have some quality players, were quick and played well as a team. With more structure and a year of gelling between their team and kowing they can compete - expect them to be pushing into finals.

Coburg - similar to Albanvale - just normallt sit few spots lower on ladder. never an easy game and often cause upsets. Biggest problem they have is that they often drop games to teams they should beat a week after knocking off a top side. With many ins and outs they will be unpredictable but will prob struggle to compete with those that have strong recuits and experience in finals.

Parkside - love em or hate em - nobody will take them easy this year. They are the collingwood of Divvy 2 - everyone loves to hate them but secretly admires them for the succes they had over a long time. They can keep talking about their recruits but they will have to play all seaosn as the hunted and dealing with that pressure has seen may good teams come unstuck.

Hope nobody is upset with this - but just thought id give the opinion of someone who has seen enough Divvy 2 and not just read scores and listened to mates mates stories :)

well said............in div 2 for too long.........no cash=no success

Would not have a clue what state the league is in but beside the top 4 teams i think it will be pretty ordinary.

How many division 2 games have you watched in the past couple of years. My guess is one or one, which makes your predictions and comments pretty funny really.

Albanvale no chance of premiership. They will finsih be 4-6 but not even close to Parkside, Yarraville and Nth Footscray.

Great post however your first one about not having a clue negated it a little. Also your other post about not having been down Yarraville either.

By the way Parkside came down wih 4 or 5 guns etc and fund div 2 tougher than they thought. Yarravile are coming down with no big names like Parksides Juegan, Gadsen, Davis and Taleb and a coach with no real record of sucess and you have them right up there.

How many division 2 games have you watched in the past couple of years. My guess is one or one, which makes your predictions and comments pretty funny really.

Great post however your first one about not having a clue negated it a little. Also your other post about not having been down Yarraville either.

By the way Parkside came down wih 4 or 5 guns etc and fund div 2 tougher than they thought. Yarravile are coming down with no big names like Parksides Juegan, Gadsen, Davis and Taleb and a coach with no real record of sucess and you have them right up there.

I agree TD, Cain you are only proving people right about what they say about you in regards to the type of person you are, and although I dont know you from a bar of soap, I would suggest u let ur footy do the talking and stop commenting about things you know sweet FA about.

My info from 2008 was that Yarraville were poo. So bad that the top 3 from 2nd division ( Heights, Nth Footscaray & Albanvale ) would have beaten them.

So you would have to think that in 2009 Nth Footscray and Albanvale would be at least equal to them, then you have parkside who will be much better than last year, likewisw probably Deer Park. Then you have Laverton who will be more than competitve with the top teams.

Therefore i think Yarraville will struggle to actually make the finals let alone be the benchmark.

Thoughts ?:thumbsu:

My info from 2008 was that Yarraville were poo. So bad that the top 3 from 2nd division ( Heights, Nth Footscaray & Albanvale ) would have beaten them.

So you would have to think that in 2009 Nth Footscray and Albanvale would be at least equal to them, then you have parkside who will be much better than last year, likewisw probably Deer Park. Then you have Laverton who will be more than competitve with the top teams.

Therefore i think Yarraville will struggle to actually make the finals let alone be the benchmark.

Thoughts ?:thumbsu:
Thats the top 5 that ive been predicting for the last month or 2

Nth Fscray
Parkside
Albanvale
Laverton
Deer Park

Everyone is intitled to there opinion.

Having won a B grade premiership with Nth Sunshine in 04 and also played A grade football in the W.R.F.L i think i have a very good understanding of the league the players and the standard.

When Parkside got relegated they did loose players. Justin Dorword, Sir brothers,Cookey, Zavalas to name a few.

5 players dont make a good team either champ. Its your bottom 6-8 players that are the most important.

I watched 3 games last year and also watched a couple of Yarravilles games last year.

I also watched parkside last year and they would need to be much improved this year on last years team as they had some really ordinary footballers running around in there senior side but wish them all the best in 09.

Yarraville will be with out a dobt make top 4 and they have a lot of Juniors coming through and with the addition of some A grade quality footballers into there team they will be a tough team to beat this year.

There are only 4 teams that are serious contenders.

I stand by my comments that Div 2 W.R.F.L football is very ordinary standard of football and any A grade team that gets relagated and keeps its intire squad will be a team that is hard to beat.

Yaraville where poo last year at times there is no doubting that but the diffrence between A grade and B grade is a massive diffrence.

There would only be a handfull of footballers in the whole b grade competition that would actually get a game in an A grade senior team.

Nth Footscray are no doubt the team to beat and they will finsih top and be very very hard to beat.

Yarraville, Parkside, Albanvale will be the teams challanging Nth Footscray with the rest no real threat to any of the above.

Deer Park and Braybrook have outside chances along with Coburg Districts.

Just my opinion every one is intitiled to one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back