WRFL Div. 2 Season 2008 and Beyond Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with much of the past few posts about Parkside. We clearly haven’t played the top sides yet so the next 3 weeks will be a big test. Last year we started 1 – 6 so being 6 – 0 is a good improvement. There’s been little spruiking on here because I think you’ll find many of the “Parkside” nick names were not actually Parkside players.

Reading peoples posts I actually don’t think there’s much between North Foots, Albernvale and Parkside. Early in the season many said Dear Park wouldn’t make finals but they’ve been flying so you could almost put them up in the top group. Don’t forget injuries are a big part of footy. It’s an even comp this season which is great for everyone involved.

Hey Callan,

Patty back this week :thumbsu:

And the little snapping terrier appears again. Usually it's on the back of someone else having a crack at someone. Maybe you could be called 'Mr back everyone else up'. Anyway worry about getting a kick and not taking up a kids spot in the team because 2 years being a 'pinch hitter' must be getting a bit thin.

Ha ha the filth Terriers are more custom to your field Had some funny response when asked where Tony Delaney was on the weekend Not much love there for you buddy

Dont worry about me mate im a hack Interesting but i didnt bag you champ just said your a jack why so defensive arent you proud of your job???????

Hey Callan,

Patty back this week :thumbsu:

Haha, looking for the inside hey! I'm honestly not sure. He was jogging around the track last Thursday but didn't play. I'd say he'll be right but the club will make sure he's 100% before risking him. We've been going ok without him so no point bringing someone back early and having them reinjure or just play shit...... he'll will be a VERY welcome addition when he does return!

BTW...... surley you won't be changing your line up regardless of what is said on here??

Haha, looking for the inside hey! I'm honestly not sure. He was jogging around the track last Thursday but didn't play. I'd say he'll be right but the club will make sure he's 100% before risking him. We've been going ok without him so no point bringing someone back early and having them reinjure or just play shit...... he'll will be a VERY welcome addition when he does return!

BTW...... surley you won't be changing your line up regardless of what is said on here??

I had mail that he had torn it off the bone, that must have been wrong if he was on the track last Thursday

hahaha for the record...i know you kicked 5 just wanted to hear you correct me again......like always.....

deer park lost on the weekend so cant see us playing great footy as losing footy is bad footy.......the win against nth foots means nothing now.........

was interesting to listen to the call as the boys on the wrfl radio do a great job for local footy and its a great thing to have if you cant get to the footy.....now listening to the b.o.g wells after the game tactical preperations are the key in my opinion to winning games of footy at this level he said that 1 of their coaches went to watch you guys last week and thought it would be best for them to start kennedy off half back to repell some of the f/ward 50 entries as your ball movement/skill is pretty good going into chf/ffd line.......it worked obviously......

now i remember d/p ass coach a few years back when we made the granny v glenorden did the same...went to games to watch the first half and see how teams set up who they use going f/ward who are the keys in defence/middle ect ect.....im pretty sure sunny heights did it last season.....get your structures right from the first bounce prey for no injuries and have the players doing the team things all good teams do and prepare well on the track your half way home.......

i should become a coach........:confused:

um coburg district boys........

there was a player named klaromenos named in your goal kickers is that nick klaromenos???[/quote]

Nah mate his name is John :thumbsu:

Also on the Nth Sunshine - coburg game .....i dint think the roadrunner boys were as bad as Cain made out last week they played pretty well and ended up with 9 goals which was a good effort and there wasnt to much snipeing or cheap shots and all in all the game was played in good spirits !! .....
Coburg finally got a win which was good for our boys but it still wasnt really good enough we just went thru the motions and didnt really put them to the sword like we should have ......to many players running forward and few willing to get back and do the defensive things ...

Agree with Cain that its a shame to see a player like Stone still down at the club he is a really good player and im sure other teams would be more than happy to have him ...on the other hand loyalty is a rare thing in local footy these days and he does need to be commended on toughing it out for a club he obviously loves !! ..

Best for Districts were Irons again who is playing soome really good footy this yr and has lifted to help cover the loss of Elkins ...Harik was also good and had the roadrunners chasing him everywhere ....O'Keefe was good in his first senior game for the club .....

Stone was best for the roadrunners imo ...pity he doesnt have many helpers .....

Districts looking forward to a good hard game of footy this week against Deer park down there should be a good match as it always is when the 2 teams meet :thumbsu:

cheers thanks for that.......

yes should be another interesting contest.........thinking about the districts today they always start slow and come home with a bang.......so dont write them off yet bigfooty lovers.......

on saturday i showed up expecting not to see sedat sir line up (reddevil, i think ur source of information needs the boot and u need a new snitch) coz not only did he run out, but was probably BOG along with another friend of urs tyrell who, according to u, is never happy and has moved to 5 clubs in the last month, whats the G O there?? wait let me guess, thats wat "a friend of a friends brother, whos dating some guys sister that was once going out with him heard", is that about right????[/quote]

Mate not sure what you have been smoking, but I never mentioned Sedat Sir on this forum. And really who cares if he plays or doesn’t against Wyndhamvale?

As for the Tyrell stuff I have posted on that subject on a few occasions. If you were a Parkside person you would know he hasn’t got on well with Jeugan in the past. Not sure it really matters because Tyrell usually plays well anyway and not everyone gets on in footy clubs. As for my source – Trent is an ex-Devil so my information is usually pretty solid. I don’t make stuff up.

Hey Miny i see your back in the side and the Devils win. NO MINT NO DEVILS? Is that your first lose for a while with the Devils? Coz the last game they lost was the Grand Final and from what I saw you didn't play that game;) Also your an assistant coach i hope your not the goal kicking coach, you guys granted are getting a bucket load of shots on goal but seem to be missing way too many. Be honest here to why are you (ass coach) and Scott Eldridge (captain) always yelling at your own players and whinging to the umps:confused:

And the little snapping terrier appears again. Usually it's on the back of someone else having a crack at someone. Maybe you could be called 'Mr back everyone else up'. Anyway worry about getting a kick and not taking up a kids spot in the team because 2 years being a 'pinch hitter' must be getting a bit thin.

TD, surely you would know that outside people do not know the worth of certain players to the group, especially someone like yourself that doesn't even watch our games. You also would not be aware of injuries certain players have got or carried.
wrflfan is hardly taking a kids spot at the end of the day if a kid is good enough to take a senior spot they will earn it, not that an older player has to retire so they then get a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had mail that he had torn it off the bone, that must have been wrong if he was on the track last Thursday

very wrong , more than likely will be playing this week. parkside will be close to full strength so should be a very good game. i think both teams will know where there at this week considering albanvale had a few out against north footscray and parkside yet to play a top side.

Mate not sure what you have been smoking, but I never mentioned Sedat Sir on this forum. And really who cares if he plays or doesn’t against Wyndhamvale?

As for the Tyrell stuff I have posted on that subject on a few occasions. If you were a Parkside person you would know he hasn’t got on well with Jeugan in the past. Not sure it really matters because Tyrell usually plays well anyway and not everyone gets on in footy clubs. As for my source – Trent is an ex-Devil so my information is usually pretty solid. I don’t make stuff up.[/quote]

i clearly recall someone mentioning that Sir had walked out on the club and would be suprised if he lined up agaisnt braybrook, when i found out that he hadnt lined for for the brookers game i actually thought u were onto something, but guess wat, u were WRONG, again......

well i do watch a bit of parkside, i wouldnt classify myself as a "parkside person" but have some mates down there that play and ive asked em a million times about tyrell, and everytime i get the same stupid reply which is fitting for such a stupid rumor.....
so trent being an ex devil means all ur info on parkside is correct??? lol, silliest thing ive heard, so does he give u the info?? or maybe a friend of his?? must be pulling ur leg nice and hard if ur not getting the right info.......

anyway, big big game for parkside this week, and caino, after a disappointing loss, yarra would wanna pull through to keep in touch with the 5, and braybrook always plays well down there, especially if pearce can get on the ground, and will be expecting the lavo and vales macth to be a cracker, might show who is serious about finals footy this year out of them 2

While you were doing your survey mutley did you ask how the premiership medallions are going. I know who my friends are, the weak and gutless stopped registering long ago.

are we trying to compare a division 2 coaches premiership medal as opposed to a couple of divison 1 playing premiership medals???
lol, so thats where bigfooty is at then ay, what a sad day it is....
wrflfan, i think he has to do 5 months of gym work to be able to carry the weight of ur premiership medals so dont bother with him, but then again, im sure he thinks his medal is equal or maybe even a bit ahead of all of urs.....

how r things looking down there wrflfan? u guys going to be up there again???

are we trying to compare a division 2 coaches premiership medal as opposed to a couple of divison 1 playing premiership medals???
wrflfan, i think he has to do 5 months of gym work to be able to carry the weight of ur premiership medals so dont bother with him, but then again, im sure he thinks his medal is equal or maybe even a bit ahead of all of urs.....

You misinterpreted my post. I was meaning for those that like to take cheap shots at me how is the premiership medallions that i helped them get going. I was not comparing coaching medals to playing medals nor A2 to A1 medals as I too would take playing in a premiership over coaching one anyday as i would an A1 premiership over an A2 premiership.

Hey Miny i see your back in the side and the Devils win. NO MINT NO DEVILS? Is that your first lose for a while with the Devils? Coz the last game they lost was the Grand Final and from what I saw you didn't play that game;) Also your an assistant coach i hope your not the goal kicking coach, you guys granted are getting a bucket load of shots on goal but seem to be missing way too many. Be honest here to why are you (ass coach) and Scott Eldridge (captain) always yelling at your own players and whinging to the umps:confused:

i have no doubt in my mind you are a north footscray person as you only ever comment about us but are too scared to come up to me and say anything... but thats ok i will answer your questions cause there is nothing to hide...

1. NO MINT NO DEVILS ? spare me would ya! thats the biggest load of s**t i have heard. against deer park we missed key forwards, key back and running players and lost troy after the first quarter.. once again tho i wasnt there so i cant comment.. and yes you are right the only game i have been involved in loosing with north was the grand final and we all had a shocker i think anyone who saw that game would agree..

2. no doubt we do get a lot of shots on goal and inside 50's and we are working on that.. worked better on the weekend again but still would like to see a higher conversion rate and that will continue to improve as it did last year..

3. Scotty wears his heart on his sleeve and plays with a lot of passion.. hard to take that away from anyone.. he has grown alot this year with some added responsibility and will continue to grow..

By the way numnuts if you were out on the ground you would see i never yell at the umpires and always move scott on when he is questioning a call.... and as assistant coach if i wasnt demanding things and talking to the guys on the ground i wouldnt be doing my job !!! There is nothing wrong with trying to get the best out of your team!! :thumbsu:

I reckon its the journey that makes it but. Not always the comp.

BBDBiff cheers mate yeah there's a good feeling down there at the moment probably the most different in recent years due to alot of senior core members leaving over the last couple(Webb Taylor Brannan Millen etc). Thats 3 decent backman. There's been a bit of youth come in and some new blokes so its still finding the right mix for certain players. We'll be up there again, but Spotty are looking good again Hoppers go alright and will be adifferent side with Doug Thomas in the team Havent seen Albion or Sunshine yet and both have had mixed results.

I reckon its the journey that makes it but. Not always the comp.

BBDBiff cheers mate yeah there's a good feeling down there at the moment probably the most different in recent years due to alot of senior core members leaving over the last couple(Webb Taylor Brannan Millen etc). Thats 3 decent backman. There's been a bit of youth come in and some new blokes so its still finding the right mix for certain players. We'll be up there again, but Spotty are looking good again Hoppers go alright and will be adifferent side with Doug Thomas in the team Havent seen Albion or Sunshine yet and both have had mixed results.

well Td, i think u should just get over the fact that u missed the boat, it sailed long time ago for u and u aint gonna be swimming after it....

fair enough wrflfan, always hard losing quality, but then again, i think u guys still got the cattle to go a fair way, all the best with it :thumbsu:
finals always seperates the men from the boys and i cant see it being any different this time round

tony delany do you still support and go watch sunny hts or are you to busy writing out speeding tickets . i remember you saying your a dragon for life but from what iv heard you are not well liked down at dragon land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back