WRFL Div. 2 Season 2008 and Beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
[see boys i told u last week parkside were struggling and yet again they have been beaten and should have been beaten by more by all reports hate to see if davis breaks down then they are really in trouble. wepons deer park 3 and 0 cant believe that for a pretty average side but thats footy i guess deer park have all the luck specially when it plays coburg, ha brownie rumour has it from the west that madgian could be looking for a new runner due to the current one being way to slow and trying to coach from the ground its not under 12's mate:thumbsu:
minty 5 goals but time u kicked some goals as u didnt kick many last year:eek: and our mate RM is of to a flying start at YS must want to play against us next year
coburg hopefully back and running know with there first win could or should i say really should be 3 and 0:thumbsu:

Haha thanks hammo! yeah its no secret that last year was my worst season of senior football in my life so i am looking at turning it around this year and funny enough being fit has a lot to do with it !!

well dont to districts on the weekend mate !! great win - i heard you guys didnt have a bench for half the game too ! RM will get there mate. he has had an uphill battle but he wont quit so hopefully they will come good soon enough and stay in div 1 !

Parkside look set to announce the sacking of Sheppa, who the club find to be wide of the mark in coaching and people management.

Parkside look set to announce the sacking of Sheppa, who the club find to be wide of the mark in coaching and people management.

If true that is a fairly BIG CALL.
Is he a worse coach now than he was 2 weeks ago? I find it hard to believe that after coaching a club for a year the committe would decide after 3 games that he is now not good enough. What has he done this year that they wouldnt have already known about him?

Have parkside over estimated their playing list (or underestimated the level of Div 2)

How many players stuck around because of him. Wonder if any will leave with him?

Plenty of questions to be answered.

thats true rd1 heights had a few out but so did we.. wingy, myself, winmar and harding did not play..
dont take anything away from albanvale we played some very good footy, good to see the comp even for the first time in years..

wingy won't be the same after his reco and the others are good honest players but not near the calibre of greto, caruana, munn or roberson. i can't see another week when we have 7 seniors out happening again it was just one of those weeks where people had work, holidays, weddings and injuries all on the same week. however albanvale did play some good football and thoroughly deserved the win. well done. good for football and will be good for us no doubt.

let us know where you get this from if it's true. probably crap from a disgruntled sooky player starting rumours and trouble for the coach would be my guess.

my view would be he can only work with what he has got there. will another coach do any better?. I doubt it.

parkside thought they were going to just strole threw division 2, well its not that easy is it and it doesnt help when you recruit maribyrnong, sunny hts and west foots resevers players to add to the washed up old blokes and the not so good young blokes you had last year.

wingy won't be the same after his reco and the others are good honest players but not near the calibre of greto, caruana, munn or roberson. i can't see another week when we have 7 seniors out happening again it was just one of those weeks where people had work, holidays, weddings and injuries all on the same week. however albanvale did play some good football and thoroughly deserved the win. well done. good for football and will be good for us no doubt.

i had to giggle when reading your post.......
so you are telling us that greto,caruana,munn and robertson are better than ''good honest players''......:confused:

are we in the div 2 thread..........?

fair enough blokes out injured at the end of the day its all about commitment............

i had to giggle when reading your post.......
so you are telling us that greto,caruana,munn and robertson are better than ''good honest players''......:confused:

are we in the div 2 thread..........?

fair enough blokes out injured at the end of the day its all about commitment............

way better than good honest players. just because they are in div 2 means nothing .3 have played good football at higher levels than our div 2 including 1st div amateurs and the 4th is greto. all four are guns.

are you saying they are just good honest players. if so 1st div amateurs and kicking 100 goals in a season are good honest efforts. don't just post to try to antagonise because youy have no life apart from drinking and cleaning your few remaining teeth and looking up what immaculate conception means.

and yes we still had the side to win but albanvale were better on the day and deserved the win as I said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Typewriter, TD or Goesbang, can you elaborate on the injury sustained by one of your gun players that was incurred at his place of employment???? I hear he is out for quite a number of weeks???? Not good for you guys or him personally for that matter!

Thats rubbish mate why would parkside sack sheppa what you all dont know about him is what he does behind the scenes
last week he spent $214 at the canteen times that by 20 games which makes about 5k for the year name another coach putting in that much ?

parkside thought they were going to just strole threw division 2, well its not that easy is it and it doesnt help when you recruit maribyrnong, sunny hts and west foots resevers players to add to the washed up old blokes and the not so good young blokes you had last year.

Spot on but your a bit harsh on the old blokes there the only blokes who look like they can play
The recruits arnt much chop at all im pretty sure they were all 2nds players at other clubs

Spot on but your a bit harsh on the old blokes there the only blokes who look like they can play
The recruits arnt much chop at all im pretty sure they were all 2nds players at other clubs

I agree with that. I don't think the older guys who have hung around (or returned) and supported the club should be criticised. Am really looking forward to watching the Devils play Parkside this week.

How many of the ex-Heights and West guys are currently in the seniors?

way better than good honest players. just because they are in div 2 means nothing .3 have played good football at higher levels than our div 2 including 1st div amateurs and the 4th is greto. all four are guns.

are you saying they are just good honest players. if so 1st div amateurs and kicking 100 goals in a season are good honest efforts. don't just post to try to antagonise because youy have no life apart from drinking and cleaning your few remaining teeth and looking up what immaculate conception means.

and yes we still had the side to win but albanvale were better on the day and deserved the win as I said.

try to get a good honest answer from you and you think im antagonising.......and just to prove you wrong i do have a life apart from bigfooty 3 kids a missus and a buisness to run......also getting down to see some good honest players running around in div 2.......

all 4 are guns......greto is a good player but nowhere near a gun....if he was he'd try going to a drifferent club at a higher level and prove himself......other than the fact he is loyal to his club he is a good div 2 fward.......he is the simon goosey of div 2.........have seen munn on a couple of occasions and dont worry a real good look the type of game he plays no wonder he gets in the best every week........caruana i like cause he is hard at it...but when the heat goes on the question still remains about heights.......and he is 1 who can go the other way pretty quickliy........robbertson i wouldnt think he'd be in the top 5 players at heights..........

ill give you an example of what i call a gun..........afl/vfl footballers.......anything under that are just park footy players who are good honest players..........and your's is 4 div 2 football players........

if you can call a div 2 player a gun you've got rocks in your head and that doesnt suprise me.......

cant wait for d/p v heights..........can just imagine whats gonna come my way via the coaches box.........

i can say they are good honest players cause they are playing div 2

cheers

I agree with that. I don't think the older guys who have hung around (or returned) and supported the club should be criticised. Am really looking forward to watching the Devils play Parkside this week.

How many of the ex-Heights and West guys are currently in the seniors?

i only noticed 1 when they played d/p.......and he was a ressies player at heights.....you WILL notice him trying to be physical which doesnt look good from the boundry line......played down back on 1 of our better f/wards.......

i only noticed 1 when they played d/p.......and he was a ressies player at heights.....you WILL notice him trying to be physical which doesnt look good from the boundry line......played down back on 1 of our better f/wards.......

I can enlighten you to all to say that 4 ex-Heights played in Parkside Seniors last week against Coburg.

Parkside didn't recruit anyone from Heights or Wests. the way I see it is we all left our Old clubs for different reasons.

bassi is doing ok and lil catania is a gun 17year old and is hard as nails..
we had the better of heights for 3 qtrs they kept us goalless in the 3rd (we had 17men on the ground) but we hit back with a solid last qtr.. umpiring was good all day.. heights r a good side, they really missed the hardness of greto and matty caruana.. i expect em to still be a top 3 side..

hey karim........what a match up this will be.......lil rocky on catania.......

ive seen the young kid play a little bit he does go in very hard for his age.........good stuff see u in a couple of weeks........:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back