WRFL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

The concept of Div 3 is good / ie; it should be for startup clubs and struggling teams only. If it returns to just 2 divs , the Nth sunshines and Lavertons of the world will get slaughtered by the top Div 2 teams, that’s not good for anyone.
You cannot force clubs to merge, and nor should you. A good league admin would be bending over backwards to help the struggling clubs in every way possible. From experience I can assure you they do not!.
Apart from token gestures the current league management is only interested in its own finances and image.
I’m no expert but surely it’s not rocket science to actually enforce things like the player points cap and maybe giving struggling clubs a higher points and or payments cap .
And there are other simple measures to implement but ‘DuckDuckGo’ can’t be bothered. Sad really. Just my 2 bobs.
Unlikely to change to 2 divisions at the moment.

Will be 3 divisions but perhaps with Heights, Lavo and North just fielding senior teams in round 1.

After 3-4 weeks it could easily change to 2 divisions unfortunately. Hope I’m wrong as it will see some clubs fold.

Last edited:
Unlikely to change to 2 divisions at the moment.

Will be 3 divisions but with Heights, Lavo and North just fielding senior teams in round 1

After 3-4 weeks it may change to 2 divisions unfortunately. Hope I’m wrong as it will see some clubs fold.
That’s not good for the competition, Lago and North have always been able to get two sides on the field

If it merged be interested to see how many would still play, There would be a few blokes in Division 3 that without the chance of a flag would
Lose interest real quick?

If that happens it’s a disgrace as the league have had months to address and assist the struggling clubs

Awesome for the division said no one ever 🤦‍♂️
We all expected the results to go the way they did, not by the margins though. You cop a few more smashing's like Lavo and Nth Sunny did it is going to be hard to see them having the numbers to get to mid season.

Did Suns Reserves top up North Sunny?

We all expected the results to go the way they did, not by the margins though. You cop a few more smashing's like Lavo and Nth Sunny did it is going to be hard to see them having the numbers to get to mid season.

Did Suns Reserves top up North Sunny?
If they didn't top up North resssies, it wasnt a bad result for a under strength and under manned team.

If they didn't top up North resssies, it wasnt a bad result for a under strength and under manned team.
Suns did not top up, North Sunshine put in a fantastic effort. Both games were played in great spirits all day. I have no doubt if they can add numbers to the list, and not have 5 or 6 backing up they will be an exponentially more competitive side.

Also factor in many players were on Ramadan, I believe there is a lot of improvement to come with NS

So where are we at after Round 1?

Have tarneit improved from last year?
I was expecting abit more of a score from albanvale but I am hearing players didn’t get picked for not training.

Are suns the real deal? 78 scoring shots is unbelievable

Have braybrook improved from last year and maybe slide up the ladder abit more?

No one on here flying the flag for them at this stage but it’s still early.

So where are we at after Round 1?

Have tarneit improved from last year?
I was expecting abit more of a score from albanvale but I am hearing players didn’t get picked for not training.

Are suns the real deal? 78 scoring shots is unbelievable

Have braybrook improved from last year and maybe slide up the ladder abit more?

No one on here flying the flag for them at this stage but it’s still early.

Nobody cares a nothing division apart from 3 sides that will be worth talking about maybe next week after Anzac Day we have something to talk about

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suns by 11 points
Albanvale - infinity points
Tarneit - 12 points (hopefully a good game at Dragon Park)

North sunshine to not field a side against the bye.

Suns 30pts
Cobras 160pts
Titans 22 pts

Also hearing news of Albanvale signing Nathan Johnson, interesting to see how they make the points situation work with them already being close to max and trying add in a potential 5 point player in there

Suns 30pts
Cobras 160pts
Titans 22 pts

Also hearing news of Albanvale signing Nathan Johnson, interesting to see how they make the points situation work with them already being close to max and trying add in a potential 5 point player in there

He’s in the team and we are well under points cap 🐍🐍

Gregson a very good get for Braybrook and perhaps Grubb as well if he’s in good shape.

Laverton coach had a spell today , great leadership that
What do you mean?

Well done to Sunshine Heights. Was worried they wouldn’t get a side up. After yesterdays result, they’ll be playing finals if they maintain their form throughout the year. Surprise packet.

he wasnt coaching Laverton , away on work
Oh wow how dare he have a life outside of football. Terrible post, give the bloke some credit for putting his hand up in the first place and then fielding 2 sides 👏👏

Great reply Karim. People have lived and coaching div3 in comp can’t be easy so full credit to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

WRFL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back