WRFL Division 1 - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

can some 1 tell me how sunshine pay good $$$$ for their snr list then go and spend 5k on an u/18 coach.......surely this is not true.......as the coach in question aparently started up a new franchise and this coin has funded his new buisness venture.......because no 1 else wanted to to it......

can any1 from sunshine confirm this.....:confused:

What sunshine do with there money is there own business,the same as what Deer Park are doing with theres.In my view the U/18 job is the second most important job at a club behind the senior coach as this is where the future of your club comes from or should come from.Example Spotswood,Albion.
Ps Tocka wouldnt get out of bed for that:D

gee hard to imagine 1 of the leagues power houses of the last decade having no junior teams runnining around in 2011, a bit of a worry:confused:

all that and being unable to keep the young guys that have crossed from the other side of the bridge including the young gun once described as the hardest in the league by the great man himself

Is it tRue Danny Casset has landed at port colts

He kicked 4 yesterday against quality opposition? But could have kicked a lot more, kicking was off quite a bit.
Hasn't he had more clubs than most that have had home cooked dinners?
Also spotted Gardiner at the Colts yesterday, rumor is that he and Cousins will both be at Colts next year?
Maybe Rock07 could confirm, haven't heard from him for a while.

What are peoples thoughts if the league were to bring in a rule that to be eligible to have a team in Division 1 Seniors, you MUST have an Under 18 team?

No disrespect meant but garbage rule. Locks out quality senior sides who for one reason or another cannot get an under 18's team up. Usually the reasons are more than just incompetence.

Could have the situation where one or two clubs dominate the divvy 2 comp for years and the only reason why they aren't promoted is because of no under 18's? Senior team strength or weakness should be the only reasons why there is movement between divisions.

Scenario. 'Hypothetical of course.'

Ports Colts win the Div 1 flag. For some reason 18's numbers dwindle and can't field a team the next year. Port Colts unveil their Div 1 flag against Wyndhamvale in round one Div 2.

that couldn't be good for the WRFL if that were to happen. Love them or hate them, the WRFL need them in the comp.

Really?? Why?? Former powerhouse, no juniors, uncompetitive reserves, a senior team that missed finals, and not even in the western region.What have they got that this league so desperately needs?

No disrespect meant but garbage rule. Locks out quality senior sides who for one reason or another cannot get an under 18's team up. Usually the reasons are more than just incompetence.

Could have the situation where one or two clubs dominate the divvy 2 comp for years and the only reason why they aren't promoted is because of no under 18's? Senior team strength or weakness should be the only reasons why there is movement between divisions.

Scenario. 'Hypothetical of course.'

Ports Colts win the Div 1 flag. For some reason 18's numbers dwindle and can't field a team the next year. Port Colts unveil their Div 1 flag against Wyndhamvale in round one Div 2.
Give us a spell how very 1970's that comment is. Colts would love to have 18's this year and a credit to colts who over the years have always pushed their 18's into the higher grades. Clubs will not be able to sustain just buying senior players each and every year. Develop from within to secure the long term future of the clubs. The EDFL have had this rule for years and Marby had to work very hard to get 18's up and running. If clubs dont want to develop kids well good luck to them in div2. Kids coming through juniors are the future and to not do evrything possibe to have them is the only garbage being spoken. Sides will not be quality without the home grown kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He kicked 4 yesterday against quality opposition?

no disrespect to Nth but hardly quality opposition at this stage

Also spotted Gardiner at the Colts yesterday, rumor is that he and Cousins will both be at Colts next year?

just the type of guys we need promoting our league

Give us a spell how very 1970's that comment is. Colts would love to have 18's this year and a credit to colts who over the years have always pushed their 18's into the higher grades. Clubs will not be able to sustain just buying senior players each and every year. Develop from within to secure the long term future of the clubs. The EDFL have had this rule for years and Marby had to work very hard to get 18's up and running. If clubs dont want to develop kids well good luck to them in div2. Kids coming through juniors are the future and to not do evrything possibe to have them is the only garbage being spoken. Sides will not be quality without the home grown kids.

So hammer a club that has had a crack, wasn't able to get Under 18's going for a variety of reasons, slap em down to divy 2 and let them rot? That would be pre 1970's. Things have progressed beyond the 'treat everyone the same' mentality, especially with a rule like this one where a simplistic view of a club's situation would be counterproductive.

Who said anything about not doing everything possible to get junior teams up and running? You seem to think that a number of clubs aren't able to field 18's due to not being interested in doing so? Spare me the 'I believe the children are our future' line. Whitney is gawn. All clubs would love to have a strong junior program and develop their youth into senior players. Unfortunately, not every club is situated in a growth area or most don't have the pulling power of a Spotswood(example) where kids are willing to travel a few km to training. For the record, have no idea what has happened at Colts and why they are in this position. Any idea?

In most cases, we are not dealing with the Seddon situation in the mid 90's when they decided to disband the juniors because it was too hard to manage and they wanted to pool all their resources into the seniors. I hear this from someone who was at the meeting on the night they pulled the plug.

So hammer a club that has had a crack, wasn't able to get Under 18's going for a variety of reasons, slap em down to divy 2 and let them rot? That would be pre 1970's. Things have progressed beyond the 'treat everyone the same' mentality, especially with a rule like this one where a simplistic view of a club's situation would be counterproductive.

Who said anything about not doing everything possible to get junior teams up and running? You seem to think that a number of clubs aren't able to field 18's due to not being interested in doing so? Spare me the 'I believe the children are our future' line. Whitney is gawn. All clubs would love to have a strong junior program and develop their youth into senior players. Unfortunately, not every club is situated in a growth area or most don't have the pulling power of a Spotswood(example) where kids are willing to travel a few km to training. For the record, have no idea what has happened at Colts and why they are in this position. Any idea?

In most cases, we are not dealing with the Seddon situation in the mid 90's when they decided to disband the juniors because it was too hard to manage and they wanted to pool all their resources into the seniors. I hear this from someone who was at the meeting on the night they pulled the plug.

You said it HAD a crack. And wasn't able to..Now not having a dip at colts at all just using the example started by yourself. I'm positive if Colts needed to have 18's to stay in Div 1 the would move heaven and earth to get a side up and running. How is it simplistic to say every team in Div 1 will have 18's or not be in Div 1? They are the third 18 of the club. How many sides running around these days have no juniors at all let alone 18's? Coburg districts would be the only one? Now heres an example. What if there is a major run with injuries at the club and i'm talking major what does the club do to fill a reserve side? What pool can they tap into to fill the void? Now Div 1 is the premier division in the WRFL and to show case our league in the best light needs no gaps in the draw right through and all clubs playing each other at the same ground on the same day. Revenue is a good word and all clubs need it. Now by sparing you the children line I can say that when push comes to shove the home grown players are the ones that will play for the club rather than the money men who on most occassions know they will still get the coin despite the result. Now being in a growth area and again using Colts as an example is also a flawed argument. No schools in Port Melbourne? No areas of growth? It's called hard work. Other clubs have offered incentives to players such as shorts socks etc to get the kids around the club then they have worked even harder to keep them at the club. All clubs battle to have the kids running around but it takes the kids to have a strong senior club topped up by imports. In any business you have to strive to be the best and if you just want to flow along you will just get swallowed up. Clubs need to always be looking for improvement regardless of the current situation because things can change in the blink of an eye. So yes The kids are the future because without them you wont have a club for very long. Your a teacher are you not? You should understand this..:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

How many sides running around these days have no juniors at all let alone 18's? Coburg districts would be the only one?

Hmmmm North Sunshine, Braybrook (no juniors), yarraville seddon, glen orden, west footscray (no 18s) to name most of them not to mention coburg districts and Port Melbourne Cols of course.

Its great when morons try and bag a club/person without much idea of whats going on. Get your facts right! If Colts couldnt get 18s, big whoop, a few injuries and they might be in strife. It is hard work getting juniors when there isnt 5-10 people willing to do the hard yards to get it started. Not all clubs are lucky enough to hav a great junior program aleady there.

Gentlemen,
Do not forget the tyranny of demographics as well as the impact of Private schools. Yes there are Primary schools in the area, however the only Secondary college was Albert Park High which was closed down due to lack of numbers and has only recently been reopened. So where are all the kids receiving their education? Private system. They have their own rules with respect to playing footy for the school. The other issue which Aussie Rules needs to address is the growing influence of soccer. The administrators of soccer have been the best allie for Aussie Rules as they have been incompetent and only concerned about feathering their own nests. They are now starting to get their act together and the sport will continue to grow especially in the West. In fact in 10 years I suspect the Western footy League will be a merged entity with the Essendon or some other league. The AFL is spending millions to get a foothold in markets that support Rugby, but they are ignoring their own back yard. If you don't want the Colts in your league rest assured the Southern League will take them back in a heart beat. It will only further weaken what is a deteriorating competition.

Gentlemen,
Do not forget the tyranny of demographics as well as the impact of Private schools. Yes there are Primary schools in the area, however the only Secondary college was Albert Park High which was closed down due to lack of numbers and has only recently been reopened. So where are all the kids receiving their education? Private system. They have their own rules with respect to playing footy for the school. The other issue which Aussie Rules needs to address is the growing influence of soccer. The administrators of soccer have been the best allie for Aussie Rules as they have been incompetent and only concerned about feathering their own nests. They are now starting to get their act together and the sport will continue to grow especially in the West. In fact in 10 years I suspect the Western footy League will be a merged entity with the Essendon or some other league. The AFL is spending millions to get a foothold in markets that support Rugby, but they are ignoring their own back yard. If you don't want the Colts in your league rest assured the Southern League will take them back in a heart beat. It will only further weaken what is a deteriorating competition.
Spot on post. Anybody else notice that any ground that is unused for more than 3 weeks all of a sudden has soccer goals up? Only thing thats keeping us in front is the difference in price of membership if I may suggest?

Spot on post. Anybody else notice that any ground that is unused for more than 3 weeks all of a sudden has soccer goals up? Only thing thats keeping us in front is the difference in price of membership if I may suggest?
soccer m'ship is expensive compared to aussie rules. the other local club is the South Melbourne Districts who play in the amateur league, lot of parents prefer that to the WRFL.

can some 1 tell me how sunshine pay good $$$$ for their snr list then go and spend 5k on an u/18 coach.......surely this is not true.......as the coach in question aparently started up a new franchise and this coin has funded his new buisness venture.......because no 1 else wanted to to it......

can any1 from sunshine confirm this.....:confused:
Tocka is shattered you have let his secret out and is now having trouble sleeping. He's more shattered that you have got it so wrong on all accounts. So lets set the record straight. 5k? mate he gets that for hitting warm up balls during cricket season let alone playing the game.

Now it should read 43K for coaching the 18's and another 7K for coaching the under 12's an all expenses paid trip to any destination in the world for three weeks plus a third or fourth home in leafy Hawthorn..Don't hold me to that it could be more? He has a personal massuse while stands on the boundary and a personal stylist. Then in summer he goes and plays cricket and thats when the real coin kicks in. His new business venture is called "sit back and count the cash"

I know he doesn't get that coin and the bloke is a legend of the west and is coaching 2 sides at Sunshine and invests his own money into the club so dont try and stir the pot with Tocka thats the boys in the tent at Albions job.

You said it HAD a crack. And wasn't able to..Now not having a dip at colts at all just using the example started by yourself. I'm positive if Colts needed to have 18's to stay in Div 1 the would move heaven and earth to get a side up and running. How is it simplistic to say every team in Div 1 will have 18's or not be in Div 1? They are the third 18 of the club. How many sides running around these days have no juniors at all let alone 18's? Coburg districts would be the only one? Now heres an example. What if there is a major run with injuries at the club and i'm talking major what does the club do to fill a reserve side? What pool can they tap into to fill the void? Now Div 1 is the premier division in the WRFL and to show case our league in the best light needs no gaps in the draw right through and all clubs playing each other at the same ground on the same day. Revenue is a good word and all clubs need it. Now by sparing you the children line I can say that when push comes to shove the home grown players are the ones that will play for the club rather than the money men who on most occassions know they will still get the coin despite the result. Now being in a growth area and again using Colts as an example is also a flawed argument. No schools in Port Melbourne? No areas of growth? It's called hard work. Other clubs have offered incentives to players such as shorts socks etc to get the kids around the club then they have worked even harder to keep them at the club. All clubs battle to have the kids running around but it takes the kids to have a strong senior club topped up by imports. In any business you have to strive to be the best and if you just want to flow along you will just get swallowed up. Clubs need to always be looking for improvement regardless of the current situation because things can change in the blink of an eye. So yes The kids are the future because without them you wont have a club for very long. Your a teacher are you not? You should understand this..:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

The course of action without running a full review of the process (won't happen) is simplistic. The reasoning behind it is sound but putting the idea into practice has it's issues. Already outlined them.
All on the same ground on the same day as a showcase? Absolutely. A weak club remaining in Div1 by default, plays a strong club and all 3 sides get pumped? Not a good showcase. It's happened too much over the last few seasons.
Great post by Jamster. St Joeys in Sth Melbourne? has also shut down.
Hard work can take years. That many years in 2nd division can also negatively affect a senior list due to a variety of reasons. One being players leaving to play a better standard.
Good ol Rayzor is an example of a non home grown who's become quite the clubman. The main reason why I usually react to those on here who pot him but don't understand the work that he does off the field. I'm pretty sure others are around.
I could be the local can collector and still know this. The issue for me is that the no matter how good the philosophy, sometimes it's just not workable.
Promotion or relegation in any division should only be on a results basis. Showcasing has it's place but evenness of a competition is the best seller. You can't have that if you're using other criteria to determine where a club should play.

The course of action without running a full review of the process (won't happen) is simplistic. The reasoning behind it is sound but putting the idea into practice has it's issues. Already outlined them.
All on the same ground on the same day as a showcase? Absolutely. A weak club remaining in Div1 by default, plays a strong club and all 3 sides get pumped? Not a good showcase. It's happened too much over the last few seasons.
Great post by Jamster. St Joeys in Sth Melbourne? has also shut down.
Hard work can take years. That many years in 2nd division can also negatively affect a senior list due to a variety of reasons. One being players leaving to play a better standard.
Good ol Rayzor is an example of a non home grown who's become quite the clubman. The main reason why I usually react to those on here who pot him but don't understand the work that he does off the field. I'm pretty sure others are around.
I could be the local can collector and still know this. The issue for me is that the no matter how good the philosophy, sometimes it's just not workable.
Promotion or relegation in any division should only be on a results basis. Showcasing has it's place but evenness of a competition is the best seller. You can't have that if you're using other criteria to determine where a club should play.

cut the crap Filo and give us a conspiracy theory

i was doing an OHS course earlier this week and happened to meet the treasurer of 1 of the EDFL teams as we spoke he told me that the junior part of his club had a bank balance of $106k at the start of the year, i reckon lots of our senior clubs would love that amount of cash in their banks

Tocka is shattered you have let his secret out and is now having trouble sleeping. He's more shattered that you have got it so wrong on all accounts. So lets set the record straight. 5k? mate he gets that for hitting warm up balls during cricket season let alone playing the game.

Now it should read 43K for coaching the 18's and another 7K for coaching the under 12's an all expenses paid trip to any destination in the world for three weeks plus a third or fourth home in leafy Hawthorn..Don't hold me to that it could be more? He has a personal massuse while stands on the boundary and a personal stylist. Then in summer he goes and plays cricket and thats when the real coin kicks in. His new business venture is called "sit back and count the cash"

I know he doesn't get that coin and the bloke is a legend of the west and is coaching 2 sides at Sunshine and invests his own money into the club so dont try and stir the pot with Tocka thats the boys in the tent at Albions job.

well the ex 18's coach(who didnt want the job) should shut his trap when his on the piss.......

not doubting his credability not potting him just putting what interesting things i hear around the traps in the open.........

thanks for your responce......do you live with him???? sounds like it:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back