WRFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it really 4 out of our 5 top goal scorers gone? Who are they?

Buty, mitchell, fletcher and montybruno. only one left is downy from the top 5.

who will replace brierty and clonan (FB & CHB) thats probably were ur going to need the best players by looks of things.

Buty, mitchell, fletcher and montybruno. only one left is downy from the top 5.

who will replace brierty and clonan (FB & CHB) thats probably were ur going to need the best players by looks of things.

Well the most important of then stays ;) Downey kicks 50 if he plays a full season!! On a serious note I think Kade and Knighta covers the losses and adds quite a bit more..

From what I knew Fletch isn't playing at all? I like Fletch alot and if decided to go then no one would begrudge him for giving another comp a go.

Well the most important of then stays ;) Downey kicks 50 if he plays a full season!! On a serious note I think Kade and Knighta covers the losses and adds quite a bit more..

From what I knew Fletch isn't playing at all? I like Fletch alot and if decided to go then no one would begrudge him for giving another comp a go.

Why would he not play?

Why would he not play?

All the talk about swappers crossing and no wonder why
No senior finals for two years
Reappointment of Mitchell is a huge mistake, but they are that stupid he will coach the year out
Plenty of players gone
Re Fletcher, why would he play at hoppers, the club shafted his old man whilst there as an official
New president that no one believes should be there as he has no experience or history and previous president gone altogether, not involved at all as embarrassed about new president appointment
Carey and Ramsey too old, slow and will have too many injuries
Hoppers will have 2012 season similar to that of what sunshine had this year
Under 18's will do well, probably win another flag as they don't want the kids to play senior football, rather win a flag that means nothing

I know it's early but how is everyone's list shaping up? It's looking like a quality competition next year.
I'm hearing the colts will be very strong next year, picked up 3 quality midfielders and a couple of key forwards.
Hoppers with a few key Feds and some quality running players from edfl should see them rise up the ladder along with a very good chb.
Altona will again improve, I'm very confident if they keep their list healthy will be in the gf.
Spotty will be spotty, not much on deer park, nth foots or sunshine, as yet.

Anyone out there spilling some goss on recruits coming in to the wrfl.

i know a guy down at altona and id have to agree with your comment about them making the grand final. they've recruited up to 10 former VFL players apparently, with 5 or so having VFL seniors experience. not to sure who but. even with injuries, youd have to say they will have a bit of depth!

i know a guy down at altona and id have to agree with your comment about them making the grand final. they've recruited up to 10 former VFL players apparently, with 5 or so having VFL seniors experience. not to sure who but. even with injuries, youd have to say they will have a bit of depth!

got this from the WRFL rules on the website.

Hope those 5 players did not play more than 5 senior games in 2011
as going by this rule they can only have 3 play in the on weekend

4.8 Playing of AFL or VFL or any Senior Interstate Grade First Eighteen Players: Clubs shall be
allowed to play only three (3) AFL or VFL Senior team players or any Senior Interstate Grade First
Eighteen players in a team in any one (1) match. AFL or VFL Senior team players or any interstate
grade player means player(s) who have played in five (5) matches or more in AFL or VFL or any
Interstate Grade First Eighteen teams during the current or previous season. Players who have
signed the required forms who have been selected to play AFL or VFL Senior level or Reserve level
or any interstate grade club, both for that weekend’s matches shall not be allowed to compete with
his WRFL club during that round.

4.8 Playing of AFL or VFL or any Senior Interstate Grade First Eighteen Players: Clubs shall be
allowed to play only three (3) AFL or VFL Senior team players or any Senior Interstate Grade First
Eighteen players in a team in any one (1) match. AFL or VFL Senior team players or any interstate
grade player means player(s) who have played in five (5) matches or more in AFL or VFL or any
Interstate Grade First Eighteen teams during the current or previous season. Players who have
signed the required forms who have been selected to play AFL or VFL Senior level or Reserve level
or any interstate grade club, both for that weekend’s matches shall not be allowed to compete with

Id say that is only if they are still on a VFL list. If they are not on the VFL list in 2012 and have signed to play solely for the WRFL club it wouldnt come under this rule.

Steve Kennedy would be the only one that played multiple senior games for Werribee SENIORS in 2011. So your point is?
Love to see Sean Tighe back as well if not drafted in a couple of weeks. Leaping over McGhee would be a sight to see.
Fact is most of these previous VFL listed players played all their juniors at Altona and it should be a bench mark for other clubs to buuild juniors and treat them as equals to the seniors, and the loyalty will be a masssive payback down the track.

Steve Kennedy would be the only one that played multiple senior games for Werribee SENIORS in 2011. So your point is?
Love to see Sean Tighe back as well if not drafted in a couple of weeks. Leaping over McGhee would be a sight to see.
Fact is most of these previous VFL listed players played all their juniors at Altona and it should be a bench mark for other clubs to buuild juniors and treat them as equals to the seniors, and the loyalty will be a masssive payback down the track.

SCENARIO
WRFL Executive announced today that starting from the 2012 season and beyond the league will be run strictly as an amatuer competition. I reckon Altona would be 1/10 to win the flag. ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

joel magnabosco, travis lunardi, kane mckenzie have all had seniors experience, my point is that obviously shows talent. there vfl recruits will be full time altona players which would see them a better chance than 10 to 1??

joel magnabosco, travis lunardi, kane mckenzie have all had seniors experience, my point is that obviously shows talent. there vfl recruits will be full time altona players which would see them a better chance than 10 to 1??

Really VFL Reserves - still 10/1.

Will never happen and yes ammos don't pay in A or other grades , jobs , cars , house repayments , the list goes on.

i know it will never happen , just throwing it out there for discussion , that if it did and monetary rules were adhered to, what club , which one would expect to be full of home growns, would be the measuring stick, and my opinion would be altona by a long way

i know it will never happen , just throwing it out there for discussion , that if it did and monetary rules were adhered to, what club , which one would expect to be full of home growns, would be the measuring stick, and my opinion would be altona by a long way

Hoppers would be the club in this situation
More junior teams the more players to pick from, Altona would be runners-up with StAlbans and Spotswood making up the numbers in the finals, no other club would get close

Drinking a Few Ales at the Westwaters Last Night, and who was sitting in the Bistro...

The Deer Park Coaching Staff...

Got Chatting to James Condos (good fella)...i asked him who he recruited for 2012..He started with Stewart, Jones, Henderson, Biggs, Biggs, Morrison, Rhett King, Matt Pearce, Nick Metcalf...and the potential of a few more...

Deer Park may be a bit better than a Bottom 4 Division 1 side..

I think you could be right Razor.

A little Deer Park Birdie told me the "MONEYMAN" (ex Marby Park ) is paying for Stewart, jones and several others to play at Deer Park approx 80k to 100k. Even though Deer Park have their own budget this cash is directly out of the MONEYMAN'S pocket.

That's assuming the home growns stay. Another key assumption = the ammos really don't pay some of their players. Anyone shed any light on this one?

That's assuming the home growns stay. Another key assumption = the ammos really don't pay some of their players. Anyone shed any light on this one?

yes, all based on assumptions, and theres as much chance of no ammo getting paid as there is of me going to coles and buying a sh.it flavoured lollipop

I think you could be right Razor.

A little Deer Park Birdie told me the "MONEYMAN" (ex Marby Park ) is paying for Stewart, jones and several others to play at Deer Park approx 80k to 100k. Even though Deer Park have their own budget this cash is directly out of the MONEYMAN'S pocket.

I can guarantee one thing Matt Pearce will not be playing at deer park, he is also has a coaching role at western jets.

On another subject noticed in the local paper on the list of coaches and was shocked to see Brett Jacobs and Jason Clarke at other clubs in the wrfl and against port colts? What's happened at that once staunch loyal club has there been a fall out of some kind, these two were their leaders in their glory days.
Also what's the new coaches background where is he from.

Kade Carey to hoppers on massive $$$ but from what I hear will be lucky to play many games.

On another subject noticed in the local paper on the list of coaches and was shocked to see Brett Jacobs and Jason Clarke at other clubs in the wrfl and against port colts? What's happened at that once staunch loyal club has there been a fall out of some kind, these two were their leaders in their glory days.

the Rock was quoted on here not long ago as saying he still loves the colts and understands they want to go in a new direction so i dont think there is any bad blood there. as for B.Jacobs that was a few years back and im not 100% sure but i dont think him leaving was forced by any falling outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back