WRFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Werribee Masters Football Club are on the look out for new players for season 2013, Werribee Master have three sides– over 35’s, 40’s and 47’s.

Werribee Masters played there first year in 2012 of the Premier Division of Masters football, after winning 3 premierships in the last 6 years.

Players need to be turning 35 to play masters footy in 2013 – masters footy is all about fun, with all ages, skill and fitness levels catered for. Games are only played every fortnight, allowing ample time for the body to recover, home games are played at Avalon Oval (Chirnside Park). The club has great camaraderie, spirit and a very enjoyable social atmosphere

The club also requires the new players, trainers, umpires and water boys for season 2013, these positions involve remuneration

If you are interested in one of the above positions or playing at Werribee please PM me for more information, or check out our web site at www.werribeemasters.com.

Or just come down to training at Galvin Park, Shaws Road, Werribee, Tuesday or Thursday starting 6.30 pm.

There has been a lot of inhouse fighting between players at Deer Park, too many chiefs and not enough Indians by the sounds of thing. It's been told that vibe Is aparantly very poor, straight from a new recruits mouth. Won't finish top three in a poor standard comp
Go Jets 2013

There has been a lot of inhouse fighting between players at Deer Park, too many chiefs and not enough Indians by the sounds of thing. It's been told that vibe Is aparantly very poor, straight from a new recruits mouth. Won't finish top three in a poor standard comp
Go Jets 2013

Good ! I hope they all keep fighting and want to leave.

Facts are correct new recruit with the initial CT having a few to many at the pub and spilling the beans. I've got no idea about football huh. Played in 2 A grade premierships in The best local footy league in Australia, also heavily involved at Greenvale Football Club. Read earlier posts, our div 3 is a better standard than your div 1. Go back to supporting low level grade of football and write back when you know anything about the game.
Go Jets 2013

Facts are correct new recruit with the initial CT having a few to many at the pub and spilling the beans. I've got no idea about football huh. Played in 2 A grade premierships in The best local footy league in Australia, also heavily involved at Greenvale Football Club. Read earlier posts, our div 3 is a better standard than your div 1. Go back to supporting low level grade of football and write back when you know anything about the game.
Go Jets 2013

By CT one would assume your referring to Shan Broadbake (CT is short for CAT) cause down at my local watering hole I heard he aint the happy footy man he makes out.
The rumour mill is startin to speck up and one I heard was he isn’t happy and cracked it cause they took back the $7000 offer if he won the best and f and also not bloke happy cause he no small fish in duck pond and will be part of 9 man rotate weevil and he is 8
Anyway I think you should stick to your EDFL cause deer park, spotty and the Vikings would whip Greenvale a new one it rally is alarmin that you have such arrogant head when speak about our WRFL.
Yarraville recruit well to Gluschenicko from Keilor is 47 yr old
Go WRFL 2013

Love reading this board but cannot believe the crap that been posted in the last couple of days.
Can someone explain why some people feel the need to put other comps down - is there any point to it? It happens on the VAFA board all the time......then on top of that boast how good a player you were!!!
I must admit, every year that goes by I remember myself being a better player each year. I'm on track to be comparing myself to Gary Ablett Snr and Wayne Carey by the time I'm 50...
Any top two teams of any metro comp would be competitive against each other - simple as that.

Love reading this board but cannot believe the crap that been posted in the last couple of days.
Can someone explain why some people feel the need to put other comps down - is there any point to it? It happens on the VAFA board all the time......then on top of that boast how good a player you were!!!
I must admit, every year that goes by I remember myself being a better player each year. I'm on track to be comparing myself to Gary Ablett Snr and Wayne Carey by the time I'm 50...
Any top two teams of any metro comp would be competitive against each other - simple as that.

If you are going to post intelligent comments you are not welcome on this thread :D

By CT one would assume your referring to Shan Broadbake (CT is short for CAT) cause down at my local watering hole I heard he aint the happy footy man he makes out.
The rumour mill is startin to speck up and one I heard was he isn’t happy and cracked it cause they took back the $7000 offer if he won the best and f and also not bloke happy cause he no small fish in duck pond and will be part of 9 man rotate weevil and he is 8
Anyway I think you should stick to your EDFL cause deer park, spotty and the Vikings would whip Greenvale a new one it rally is alarmin that you have such arrogant head when speak about our WRFL.
Go WRFL 2013
Get a clue.. Deer Park has bought a Marby Park side that was flogged by Greenvale sides in consecutive finals appearances and Altona was beaten by around 8 goals last pre season, I understand the other post comes across a touch arrogant but your post makes it appear as though you have no idea.. ;)

good post go nodders.
each league has it's strengths weaknesses.
I'm tied to the EDFL but I have to respect what the likes of Spotty and Altona have achieved because no matter what league you're in it's bloody hard to win a premiership. As I'm sure people on here respect Greenvale and Strathmore for their recent success in the EDFL.

I love this argument of what comp is better. I'm not going to boast about my playing career because it's nothing flash but from my end I have played in recent years ( the last 11) EDFL A grade, WRFL 1st div, GVFL and Ballarat FL and to be perfectly honest when you're running around in the heat of the battle you don't really notice much of a difference between the better sides in any of the comps. I've got to say that the GVFL I felt was the more skill-full, WRFL the most physical and contested, EDFL was mixture and even across the board and the Ballarat comp similar to GV but maybe a level below.

I've always said I dont think an EDFL team would be able to go to Murphys and beat Colts, on the flip-side I don't believe Colts could go to Lebanon and beat Strathmore. If we played Altona vs Greenvale on a mutual ground it'd be a flip of the coin both sides are that well drilled.

End of the day there would not be a lot between the top 4 from the WRFL and the top 4 from the EDFL where the difference is falls on the bottom 2-3, that's where the EDFL shine and where the WRFL needs to get to. However anyone coming onto this board boasting about rival leagues and shit canning this one are uneducated and clearly (despite football pedigree) have little to no idea, simply because you can play doesn't make you intelligent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly you bigfooty junkies can't read a post properly. I said league standard is pathetic how can a div 1 side lose to Jacana. Practise match or not they should smash them. A handfull of old marby has beens have gone to Deer Park and according to you 'intelligent' people, you have labelled them favourites. shows standard of competition. And I didn't once speak about my personal achievements only the team. I would write about what I have done but I would get RSI cause I'll be here for hours. Before replying please get a smart person to read this for you and note carefully what is written. I don't what I have lowered myself to speak to you un educated western region people

Clearly you bigfooty junkies can't read a post properly. I said league standard is pathetic how can a div 1 side lose to Jacana. Practise match or not they should smash them. A handfull of old marby has beens have gone to Deer Park and according to you 'intelligent' people, you have labelled them favourites. shows standard of competition. And I didn't once speak about my personal achievements only the team. I would write about what I have done but I would get RSI cause I'll be here for hours. Before replying please get a smart person to read this for you and note carefully what is written. I don't what I have lowered myself to speak to you un educated western region people

Roger the Dodger if you love your EDFL so much why are you on WRFL forum, it wouldn't happen to be because EDFL isn't evolving and your annoyed WRFL are going places by having 4+ former afl listed players and a 3 x afl premiership player opting to come play in our great comp.

Roger, this uneducated WRFL poster is just trying to help your grammar a bit. Firstly, there should be a question mark after "Jacana", "handfull" has only one "L", "practice" in the context you are using it is spelt with a "c" not a "s" because you are using it as a noun and not a verb, don't start a sentence with the word "And", its not "cause" its "because" (writing so much crap might be the "cause" of your RSI, see?) and finally have you read your last sentence? Have to mark as a "Fail".

Now go away.

Roger the Dodger if you love your EDFL so much why are you on WRFL forum, it wouldn't happen to be because EDFL isn't evolving and your annoyed WRFL are going places by having 4+ former afl listed players and a 3 x afl premiership player opting to come play in our great comp.
I agree on your initial point but when 15 ex AFL listed players are joining EDFL clubs for the upcoming season your argument looks kind of stupid. You'd be better suited pointing out the amount of "homegrown" players at your Premiers, Altona.

Roger, this uneducated WRFL poster is just trying to help your grammar a bit. Firstly, there should be a question mark after "Jacana", "handfull" has only one "L", "practice" in the context you are using it is spelt with a "c" not a "s" because you are using it as a noun and not a verb, don't start a sentence with the word "And", its not "cause" its "because" (writing so much crap might be the "cause" of your RSI, see?) and finally have you read your last sentence? Have to mark as a "Fail".

Now go away.
You're correcting language on Bigfooty?
I hope you have a lot of spare time..

I love this argument of what comp is better. I'm not going to boast about my playing career because it's nothing flash but from my end I have played in recent years ( the last 11) EDFL A grade, WRFL 1st div, GVFL and Ballarat FL and to be perfectly honest when you're running around in the heat of the battle you don't really notice much of a difference between the better sides in any of the comps. I've got to say that the GVFL I felt was the more skill-full, WRFL the most physical and contested, EDFL was mixture and even across the board and the Ballarat comp similar to GV but maybe a level below.

I've always said I dont think an EDFL team would be able to go to Murphys and beat Colts, on the flip-side I don't believe Colts could go to Lebanon and beat Strathmore. If we played Altona vs Greenvale on a mutual ground it'd be a flip of the coin both sides are that well drilled.

End of the day there would not be a lot between the top 4 from the WRFL and the top 4 from the EDFL where the difference is falls on the bottom 2-3, that's where the EDFL shine and where the WRFL needs to get to. However anyone coming onto this board boasting about rival leagues and shit canning this one are uneducated and clearly (despite football pedigree) have little to no idea, simply because you can play doesn't make you intelligent.
Very well said.:thumbsu:
Anyway, moving on from the pissing contest this thread has become, do any teams have practice matches coming up soon? Any more signings to any of the clubs?

Get a clue.. Deer Park has bought a Marby Park side that was flogged by Greenvale sides in consecutive finals appearances and Altona was beaten by around 8 goals last pre season, I understand the other post comes across a touch arrogant but your post makes it appear as though you have no idea.. ;)

speaking of clues.........csi edfl

nothing against the premiers but deer park late in the year gave altona a touch up......with half the team they will run out with this season.......go figure

deer with no eyes!!!

imo played a bit of sport in my glittering career and anyone who has done such would know commitment and attitude with a touch of discipline goes a long way in team sport......anyone on their day if up for the challenge can get accross the line.......

speaking of clues.........csi edfl

nothing against the premiers but deer park late in the year gave altona a touch up......with half the team they will run out with this season.......go figure

deer with no eyes!!!

imo played a bit of sport in my glittering career and anyone who has done such would know commitment and attitude with a touch of discipline goes a long way in team sport......anyone on their day if up for the challenge can get accross the line.......
Nothing that you've said has disproven what I said.
The poster that I'd quoted claimed that Altona and Deer Park would whip Greenvale, I explained why imo, he was wrong. Which is a lot more that can be said to the contrary..
it's a pretty irrelevant argument to be making either way,
you're right of course dedication etc play a huge part.
Do you you have anything to say in response to the other poster mentioning infighting at Deer Park?

Footybloke86 please tell me your having a laugh about having 4 ex AFL players running around in div 1 and 2 combined? I'll take Aberdeldie for example who had two three time premiership players as well as 6 other ex AFL listed players running around in there team and have signed Dan Connors for this year. Our comp has evolved to the best local footy comp in Australia. When our players are past it they will keep coming to WRFL where they know they can get an easy kick. Before posting pathetic comments like that do some research. Would be 30 plus ex AFL players in EDFL premier division alone. And dogs till I die I suggest you spend less time correcting grammar and more time teaching your grade 2 students not to hop into cars with strangers.

Footybloke86 please tell me your having a laugh about having 4 ex AFL players running around in div 1 and 2 combined? I'll take Aberdeldie for example who had two three time premiership players as well as 6 other ex AFL listed players running around in there team and have signed Dan Connors for this year. Our comp has evolved to the best local footy comp in Australia. When our players are past it they will keep coming to WRFL where they know they can get an easy kick. Before posting pathetic comments like that do some research. Would be 30 plus ex AFL players in EDFL premier division alone. And dogs till I die I suggest you spend less time correcting grammar and more time teaching your grade 2 students not to hop into cars with strangers.

Can the mods please ban this bloke? firstly mate you are embarrassing those of us who have strong ties to the EDFL, second of all you are ranting and raving yet have no substance to your argument. Merely stating that the EDFL has more ex (in many cases past it) league footballers doesn't automatically qualify it as the best local comp in Australia, in fact I'll say without hesitation that across the board from top to bottom the GVFL has the EDFL covered.

The best case scenario for you would be to either zip it up, move on and leave the board and/or have some tutoring to enhance your ability to debate with the correct grammar. I'm an Essendon boy and went to school at one of the private campuses so I have absolutely no specific ties to any league, I'd just prefer those that represent the EDFL on the board do so with a little bit of credibility and respect.

Can the mods please ban this bloke? firstly mate you are embarrassing those of us who have strong ties to the EDFL, second of all you are ranting and raving yet have no substance to your argument. Merely stating that the EDFL has more ex (in many cases past it) league footballers doesn't automatically qualify it as the best local comp in Australia, in fact I'll say without hesitation that across the board from top to bottom the GVFL has the EDFL covered.

The best case scenario for you would be to either zip it up, move on and leave the board and/or have some tutoring to enhance your ability to debate with the correct grammar. I'm an Essendon boy and went to school at one of the private campuses so I have absolutely no specific ties to any league, I'd just prefer those that represent the EDFL on the board do so with a little bit of credibility and respect.

great post!!!

Go WRFL 2013

Whats with the obsession with Shannan Broadbent you peanut ? & Gluschenko is 31 still in his prime ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back