WRFL Division 1 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe the penny has finally dropped, the kids coming thru need to be looked after and I believe from what I hear this will be the main focus moving forward. I can say that some of the most recent recruits have been setting a shithouse example for the kids coming thru and it starts on the track ( numbers towards the end of the year were woeful ).

The 18, 19, 20 year olds wont win you a flag at this stage but in 2 years time when their bodies have developed and they can take the week to week hits I am sure we will be on the up again with a strong culture and more players wanting to come to the club to play for the club and not the money being thrown around. Yeah we need some recruits for guidance for the young group but the right people not the one's who will be there for a year or two and then see ya later thanks for the cash.

Whoever the lucky coach is going to be needs to be firm and set rules right from the start and not let the "tail wag the dog" which is the current situation, if your a player and you dont like it then the club needs to be firm " See Ya Later, your services are no longer required ", this might cause a bit of pain with results short term but will only strengthen the resolve with the players that want to play for the "CLUB".

Any early whispers ?

Any early whispers ?

There are approx 5 interview's to be conducted, by from what I have been told is an independent panel with guidelines on which way the club want to head.

I have a fair idea of who the candidates are but its probably best to anounce the coach once he has been appointed otherwise It may jepordise other potential candidates from other opportunities.

How are you going sourcing a coach for next year ? many enquiries ?

If what I heard on Mad Monday is correct, there is going to be a lot changes to the helm at most clubs for next year.
Lets start at the top
Deer Park Bullen will stay for one more year, lots of players only playing for the money and some will leave as they know they can get it else where
Spotswood O'Keefe gone, unsure if he will play yet, lots of ex premiership players going to return
Sunshine unchanged will recruit and be better next year
Altona Eames gone and will take players with him
StAlbans Denning gone will not improve at all
Hoppers Mitchell gone, going to develop juniors for a change
Port Colts Clarke wants to coach, but club doesn't want him
The others will only be making up numbers for the 100 point thrashings
Werribee will be in Div 1 but will end up in second half of ladder until they find their feet and within 5 years will make a grand final

If what I heard on Mad Monday is correct, there is going to be a lot changes to the helm at most clubs for next year.
Lets start at the top
Deer Park Bullen will stay for one more year, lots of players only playing for the money and some will leave as they know they can get it else where
Spotswood O'Keefe gone, unsure if he will play yet, lots of ex premiership players going to return
Werribee will be in Div 1 but will end up in second half of ladder until they find their feet and within 5 years will make a grand final
Bullen will be staying,ALL players play for money,some will probably leave which happens at most clubs.
R Castello,good mates with favorite son returning.Richard Branson happy to take him.O'Keefe could become a goat.

If what I heard on Mad Monday is correct, there is
Port Colts Clarke wants to coach, but club doesn't want him.

Make sense. When Clarke coached they reached grand finals, and were a respected club.
Colts lost a couple of GF's and all of a sudden Clarke was on the outer and they wanted to replace him with a bloke that Football Victoria would not allow to coach. They then appointed long time assistant apple daddy to the role who then moved on to Spotswood. They then appointed some one else who was summarily dumped mid season. You would think that the club would focus on developing juniors which they desperately need and be content to be a powerhouse in the WRFL. But no some administrator with an ego put their needs ahead of the good of the club. I am sure Clarke has his detractors from both within and without the club, but when you look at his record you have to scratch your head why they got rid of him. He has and will always be a Colts man through and through.

If Kretiuk is in the mix to coach surely he would got to StAlbans. Fav son down there

still living in the glory from that goal he kick on Graham Wright in 1992 at the MCG when he took a grab on the wing, took wright on, pumped his little hairy legs as much as he could and put it through from 50. critical part of the game too.

Moody Blue, my understanding is the club is doing its all to get juniors off the ground and whilst they are still many years off reaping the rewards at senior level, the foundations are well and truly being laid.

still living in the glory from that goal he kick on Graham Wright in 1992 at the MCG when he took a grab on the wing, took wright on, pumped his little hairy legs as much as he could and put it through from 50. critical part of the game too.
Footyjunky,you have no idea,Kretiuk was a backman,Sydenham Premiership Coach Steve Kolyniuk is the gun your talking about,and listen to me,watch out for the little man from Spotty heading towards Kings Park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footyjunky,you have no idea,Kretiuk was a backman,Sydenham Premiership Coach Steve Kolyniuk is the gun your talking about,and listen to me,watch out for the little man from Spotty heading towards Kings Park.

yeah it was Kolyniuk, not Kretiuk, who kicked that goal in 92...i have seen him at St Albans games over the past few years so obviously connected there somehow or just really likes the hotdogs.

yeah it was Kolyniuk, not Kretiuk, who kicked that goal in 92...i have seen him at St Albans games over the past few years so obviously connected there somehow or just really likes the hotdogs.
Kretiuk wants too much,my mail from reliable source tells me the little man from spotty already on ring road to Kings Road.....

no value in winning a flag have you got any idea its been the only way to win a flag. what you reckon spotty dont spend money, get real have a look at any league across the land its all about the money with out it you will go no where

You've obviously got f... all idea about how little some of the better players get paid at the more successful clubs. Apart from one or two big names, the rest at these clubs aren't on a great deal of money.
What usually happens is clubs spend up big to win a flag, the money runs out, the club starts to implode, the hangers on stop going to games, the juniors suffer. Where is your next generation of players coming from?

Selection won't be an issue at DP tonight.
Player: Yeah nah mate, got a bit of a hammy but I'll be right (secretly thinking )I'm farked but I still want my gorilla.

Lets start at the top

What playas from DP can get money at other club serious they all past best before date and as for Clarke aka ROCK87 why would you want him he actually didnt have a great record in finals that is and that what counts with the cattle he had shouldve won more with the list he had but came up short to often he is other one past best before and what about the failed attempt at westmeadow in edfl and north footscray, colts making good call there

You've obviously got f... all idea about how little some of the better players get paid at the more successful clubs. Apart from one or two big names, the rest at these clubs aren't on a great deal of money.
What usually happens is clubs spend up big to win a flag, the money runs out, the club starts to implode, the hangers on stop going to games, the juniors suffer. Where is your next generation of players coming from?

Player: Yeah nah mate, got a bit of a hammy but I'll be right (secretly thinking )I'm farked but I still want my gorilla.

exactly its a joke and what is even bigger joke is getting paid for finals that goes against an unwritten respect for your jumper you dont get paid for finals at this level dont it
Spotswod by 3 pts after siren how great would that be

exactly its a joke and what is even bigger joke is getting paid for finals that goes against an unwritten respect for your jumper you dont get paid for finals at this level dont it
You 2 geese wouldn't know if they are getting paid for finals,we have Richard Branson piloting,so no worries with us imploding,you must know all these blokes personally,maybe they are better blokes than you think.#Shagger#JoshJ#Stewy#Ayres#Bully.You being from laverton would have no idea about FINALS.

What playas from DP can get money at other club serious they all past best before date and as for Clarke aka ROCK87 why would you want him he actually didnt have a great record in finals that is and that what counts with the cattle he had shouldve won more with the list he had but came up short to often he is other one past best before and what about the failed attempt at westmeadow in edfl and north footscray, colts making good call there
Clarky got contacts with mighty lions,i'm sure Richard could find a spot for him on our coaching panel.....

You 2 geese wouldn't know if they are getting paid for finals,we have Richard Branson piloting,so no worries with us imploding,you must know all these blokes personally,maybe they are better blokes than you think.#Shagger#JoshJ#Stewy#Ayres#Bully.You being from laverton would have no idea about FINALS.
It's about time you Deer Park flogs admitted the truth. It isn't Richard Branson funding your mercenaries, it's Rupert Farkin Murdoch!

well its about time the clubs took a stand and demanded a % of the gate from the league , the clubs put on the show yet the league reap the profit!!

In my view the lack of perspective is staggering. So what else would you do with shitloads of money?

Well, the Royal Children's Hospital comes to mind. Go walk down there for 2 hours and tell me that it is much better to pump hundreds of thousands into player payments at any local football club.

What a joke...

Lookingin: You are actually incorrect. Increasingly many country football leagues now have a point system. Like some Cricket leagues. And CheckSide is right that many players from the Top 5 clubs don't get paid much at all (I know for a fact that some good players don't even want to get paid). For them it is not about the money. So to say that you get nowhere without money is not right. Some leagues have chosen not to make it about the money. It's a choice.

The majority here will support that you should be able to pay players, because you would want to attract some talent from outside your club/league, fill gaps etc. The majority will not support that you can outspend 80% of the competition by at least 3:1 if not 5:1.

Obviously you seem to think that it doesn't matter, but what is the point of running a competition that is not a competition. Which is supposed to be local, without any local players? Where Div2 Premiers don't even want to come up, because they cannot afford it, and they are rightly concerned it will wreck their club? Even the AFL has a salary cap - for exactly the same reasons (mind you, a salary cap would never work in local leagues).

Anyway, all the best to all teams tomorrow!

Ive been away from the WRFL for a while but reading here Deer park must be the first club in the history of the league to spend a bit of cash.

For a club like Deer Park who has had to battle to get decent rooms for years maybe they should have burnt down their rooms like Spotty did back in the 80's and cash in that way.Deer Park have finally got enough money to try and compete with the Spotty's Hoopers Colts St Albans of the world is now evil for doing so. Spare me.

Ive been away from the WRFL for a while but reading here Deer park must be the first club in the history of the league to spend a bit of cash.

For a club like Deer Park who has had to battle to get decent rooms for years maybe they should have burnt down their rooms like Spotty did back in the 80's and cash in that way.Deer Park have finally got enough money to try and compete with the Spotty's Hoopers Colts St Albans of the world is now evil for doing so. Spare me.

Hope you have a good Barrister.

Remove this Banner Ad

WRFL Division 1 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back