WRFL Division 1 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Number of junior sides each club has in the wrfl from 18s down.
*Port colts have U9s and U10s in the southern league and CS/DP have a merged side which is why they have .5 each
What's the future of our league when willi, st bernards, pt cook and werribee are 4 of the 6 biggest junior clubs but don't have seniors in our league?
Fair link between div 1 sides having more juniors than div 2 as well.
J2DFWgY.png

Number of junior sides each club has in the wrfl from 18s down.
*Port colts have U9s and U10s in the southern league and CS/DP have a merged side which is why they have .5 each
What's the future of our league when willi, st bernards, pt cook and werribee are 4 of the 6 biggest junior clubs but don't have seniors in our league?
Fair link between div 1 sides having more juniors than div 2 as well.
J2DFWgY.png
So does the league need to get a bit tougher and demand these clubs put teams into senior competitions?

It's really concerning that the U16A competition has 6 teams - yet only three of them have teams in the WRFL U18s. The other three go across to the VAFA.

What happens if the WRFL try and force the issue and these clubs take their juniors and start up another league?

Another wheel to fall off the WRFL?

Losing 62 junior sides would create a huge dent in an already pathetically ran comp.

What happens if the WRFL try and force the issue and these clubs take their juniors and start up another league?

Another wheel to fall off the WRFL?

Losing 62 junior sides would create a huge dent in an already pathetically ran comp.

On what do you base this comment and how would you improve things? Or are you just another of the many people prepared to criticise from the sidelines and not offer any constructive ideas?

On what do you base this comment and how would you improve things? Or are you just another of the many people prepared to criticise from the sidelines and not offer any constructive ideas?

Any competition that lets its clubs dictate where they play, is a tail wagging the dog situation.

The amount of incidents that get swept under carpet for fear of media and public backlash.

Behaviour of parents and coaches.

Behaviour of pissed idiots in crowd on Saturdays

The gang mentality of tregear and his pied pipers.

The unprofessionalism of certain board members and the constant misgivings of family members.

The treatment of umpires.

Forming new clubs to the detriment of old clubs.

Clubs paying affiliation fees before unloading tens of thousands on players.

All of these need to be addressed. Do I have an answer for all? No. But there are some common sense stances that have never been taken, leading to a corrupt and unorganised competition.

Big news down hogans rd, have heard that coach has only a couple of weeks to keep his job, unhappy players are tired of no game plan, rules for 1 and rules for others. Would have to win at least game against St. Albans otherwise they mite miss finals after such improvement last year, IMO.

Big news down hogans rd, have heard that coach has only a couple of weeks to keep his job, unhappy players are tired of no game plan, rules for 1 and rules for others. Would have to win at least game against St. Albans otherwise they mite miss finals after such improvement last year, IMO.
What, have Hoppers been using the Melbourne model? Decision made a couple of weeks back and waiting for funds to come in before he gets the axe?

Dragon

You have been talking shit about Hoppers now for a few weeks , what's your beef with the club and yes results are not the best , but not as bad as the bullshit you try to bring up on here.

Might be on the money,there ruck man wants out and heading to kookaburra ave?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So does the league need to get a bit tougher and demand these clubs put teams into senior competitions?

It's really concerning that the U16A competition has 6 teams - yet only three of them have teams in the WRFL U18s. The other three go across to the VAFA.

Recruiting juniors for Under 14 & Under 16 is bloody hard. You need to have a very strong base if you want to progress a team through the age groups. At Under 14 kids change schools and make new friends etc and they lose interest as kids have so many options nowadays. Parents also can't be bothered which is really disappointing. The biggest competitor Aussie rules faces is soccer. Football Victoria needs to deal with this by looking at trying to reduce the number of players in a team to try and get some of these teams up.Soccer has 11 players and much easier to get a team together. You need 18 players for an Aussie rules team and without any reserves you will eventually cop a hiding as you run out of players because of rotation and injury.

Reduce teams to 14-16 players.
Reduce the number of rotations per quarter to stop strong teams dominating by using their bench.
Consider a mercy rule.If it is obvious a team is going win i.e 15 goals then they get the points, but the game goes on and allow both coaches to rotate players through opposition teams to try and give the players a fairer go.

Get the bureaucrats in Football Victoria off their back sides and into the schools to devleop the game with coaching clinics, and lots of free tickets to AFL matches. North Melbourne and Western Bulldogs should be throwing tickets at these schools. They keep talking about it but you don't see anything happening. Most PE teachers are favouring soccer because soccer authorities spend a lot of money and time in the schools and we have to turn it around.

I appreciate it will make a lot of old timers sick, but the reality is that unless they start making some changes I can see Aussie Rules especially in the Western Suburbs going the way of the Dodo. Don't believe me check out the soccer results in the Herald Sun on a Monday.

Recruiting juniors for Under 14 & Under 16 is bloody hard. You need to have a very strong base if you want to progress a team through the age groups. At Under 14 kids change schools and make new friends etc and they lose interest as kids have so many options nowadays. Parents also can't be bothered which is really disappointing. The biggest competitor Aussie rules faces is soccer. Football Victoria needs to deal with this by looking at trying to reduce the number of players in a team to try and get some of these teams up.Soccer has 11 players and much easier to get a team together. You need 18 players for an Aussie rules team and without any reserves you will eventually cop a hiding as you run out of players because of rotation and injury.

Reduce the number of rotations per quarter to stop strong teams dominating by using their bench.
Consider a mercy rule.If it is obvious a team is going win i.e 15 goals then they get the points, but the game goes on and allow both coaches to rotate players through opposition teams to try and give the players a fairer go.

Get the bureaucrats in Football Victoria off their back sides and into the schools to devleop the game with coaching clinics, and lots of free tickets to AFL matches. North Melbourne and Western Bulldogs should be throwing tickets at these schools. They keep talking about it but you don't see anything happening. Most PE teachers are favouring soccer because soccer authorities spend a lot of money and time in the schools and we have to turn it around.

I appreciate it will make a lot of old timers sick, but the reality is that unless they start making some changes I can see Aussie Rules especially in the Western Suburbs going the way of the Dodo. Don't believe me check out the soccer results in the Herald Sun on a Monday.

Kids don't learn by being guarded.

Maybe the WRFL should be focusing on the junior participation instead of the 3rd division....

one would think that if they got junior participation numbers up, then it would bode well for there 3rd division.

Sounds good in theory – the reduced number of player’s in a junior team i.e. spreading the numbers across to enhance participation of more teams however I’m not sure how clubs who rely on voluntary support would be able to administer a rotation policy at this level. Good in theory but probably not achievable.

In regards to the soccer Vs. Aussie Rules debate and junior participation, AFL Vic support, AFL support etc. etc. my personal view is this comment is made quite regularly in general gossip/chat and media and in my opinion it is perception more so than reality.

I’m assuming you don’t have kids or if you do you haven’t experienced Auskick first hand. I have experienced both Auskick and had both my boys involved in a soccer version of Auskick too – both are excellent however I couldn’t be more impressed by the way the Auskick program I’ve been involved in is handled and more importantly the engagement the AFL provide is first rate; things such as free tickets, prizes, player meet & greets – all things you’ve suggested and all things kids love and spark their enthusiasm for the game!

Ultimately kids will decide on what sport they choose not solely based on what a parent wants – there are a number of factors – likes and dislikes, location, cultural background, friends & family influence and probably what they feel like at the time!

Dragon

You have been talking shit about Hoppers now for a few weeks , what's your beef with the club and yes results are not the best , but not as bad as the bullshit you try to bring up on here.
Take what I say anyway you like but have on very good source that all is not great down there at all, Riosa leaving going to Lara, apparently a senior player from last year gone to Bendigo league as result of Sunshine aftermath, trust my source very well, all mite not be true, yes but couldnt all be wrong either! I dont have any beef with Hoppers at all, lets just say that when Mitchell decided to knife x coach, karma is a b*%^h!!!!!!!!

Take what I say anyway you like but have on very good source that all is not great down there at all, Riosa leaving going to Lara, apparently a senior player from last year gone to Bendigo league as result of Sunshine aftermath, trust my source very well, all mite not be true, yes but couldnt all be wrong either! I dont have any beef with Hoppers at all, lets just say that when Mitchell decided to knife x coach, karma is a b*%^h!!!!!!!!

noticed Knight was cleared to QLD last week, and has been cleared back to Hoppers. Whats that all about? maybe someone has left, been stood down, and knight has come back

The drop off rate of players from under 14 to 17s is a worry in very league not just the WRFL .
some of the minor reasons seem to be bad coaching ,lack of game time ,teams getting belted each week this one then leads to lack of intrest by kids and parents. and we loose both to the gme
Also one of the bigger resons is cost as some of the junior fees which are ridiculas when you have to fork out over $200 dollars per child per season and money on game day then it starts to get hard to justify the cost .A lot of parents feel that they do not get much back for their money as it looks to most parents that most senior clubs just want to rape the finances of the junior clubs to pay for senior playes this aspect pisses parents off more than anything. just my thoughts

The drop off rate of players from under 14 to 17s is a worry in very league not just the WRFL .
some of the minor reasons seem to be bad coaching ,lack of game time ,teams getting belted each week this one then leads to lack of intrest by kids and parents. and we loose both to the gme
Also one of the bigger resons is cost as some of the junior fees which are ridiculas when you have to fork out over $200 dollars per child per season and money on game day then it starts to get hard to justify the cost .A lot of parents feel that they do not get much back for their money as it looks to most parents that most senior clubs just want to rape the finances of the junior clubs to pay for senior playes this aspect pisses parents off more than anything. just my thoughts

Agreed, however if you compare the subs junior soccer clubs charge then you would not complain.
Some clubs charge and get away with $450-$600 depending on the area and popularity of the club.Much higher as they progress through the age groups. Half of that goes to Australian Soccer Federation to cover their losses. The AFL has ignored its back yard for too long.

Agreed, however if you compare the subs junior soccer clubs charge then you would not complain.
Some clubs charge and get away with $450-$600 depending on the area and popularity of the club.Much higher as they progress through the age groups. Half of that goes to Australian Soccer Federation to cover their losses. The AFL has ignored its back yard for too long.

Moody i am not complaining i was just saying what i have heard parents complaining about. I agree with you on the soccer point but i dont think there is the same sort of money being chucked around for players in their senior comps except may be the state leauge. also so soccer does not have 4 major suburban leauges paying big bucks to senior players which has to be financed some how. so a senior club with a good junior program is a cash cow for any senior club . i do know that some EDFL div 1 junior clubs are in $300 plus range and NFL div 1 are $200- 250 range and they do not get a lot back for their dollars .

There is a total lack of buy-in by the players at the moment and a clear lack of integrity amongst those entrusted with coaching the club. For a club with the resources that it has at it's disposal, it continues to achieve a high level of mediocrity. Selection this week does nothing but offer up yet further questions....

There is a total lack of buy-in by the players at the moment and a clear lack of integrity amongst those entrusted with coaching the club. For a club with the resources that it has at it's disposal, it continues to achieve a high level of mediocrity. Selection this week does nothing but offer up yet further questions....

WHAT ARE THOSE QUESTIONS ? PLEASE CLARIFY.

WHY NOT NAME THE PLAYERS THAT AREN'T BUYING IN AS YOU SO CALL IT.

THE INTEGRITY SIDE FROM COACHES IS CLEAR FROM MY POINT OF VIEW I DONT GET PAID A SINGLE BRASS RAZOO FOR MY ASSISTANT'S POSTION WITH THE RESERVES AND DONT REALLY CARE I JUST LOVE BEING AROUND THE PLACE AND HAVE BEEN SINCE 1989 AS A PLAYER, JUNIOR COACH AND ASSISTANT COACH, HOPEFULLY WHOEVER THE DISGRUNTLED PERSON IS WHO IS FEEDING YOU THIS INFO OR YOU IF YOU ARE INVOLVED CAN EXTRACT A DIGIT AND PERFORM TO THEIR ABILITY WHETHER THEY ARE A PLAYER OR IF THEY ARE A SUPPORTER AND GET OFF THEIR ARSE AND MAKE THE CLUB A BETTER PLACE WITHOUT ANY MEDIOCRITY.

GOOD LUCK TO THE BOYS THIS WEEK AGAINST COLTS.

Remove this Banner Ad

WRFL Division 1 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back