WRFL Division 1 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

An enormous effort from the Hoppers Reserves on the weekend, myself and Rob were very proud of their performance considering we had 15 individuals 19 years old and one 17 year old. I believe Deer Park thought the game would be allover by Halftime and they could of rested the "superstars", we were in it all the way and beleived that we could have gone along way if we had won this game. Every player gave everything they had. We also lost our CHF overnight due to illness and that's just bad luck I guess.

On the other hand, I know you cant make excuse's but the umpiring in the last 1/4 was disgraceful to say the least when is the league going to learn that boy's cant umpire men's games and old men cant keep up, guessing decisions from 40m away, inconsistent, easily influenced by players on the ground, dead set rubbish !

I hope that all the boy's stick fat as they did during their successful u18 years and juniors together success is not that far away, as we move into a new era with a new senior coach ( ? ).

It was a great effort by the seconds, given the outs were structural ones. Donald has been extremely impressive across half back all year with the intercept marks. In the end they probably ran out of composure and structure. As one long time Hoppers man was heard to say, the core of their next senior premiership was out on the field, so long as they all see a future at the club and don't get screwed around.

there will definately be one aspect of todays game which will be unique for many of spotswoods players, having the majority of spectators barracking for them!!

2013 Division 1 Seniors
Deer Park 3.4 7.7 10.15 11.16 (82)
Spotswood 1.3 7.3 9.5 15.7 (97)

A win for footy. Gee Deer Park wouldn't wanna go out in straight sets given the mint they spent on a playing list! They will be saying better to lose the qualifying final than the big one but gee you would rather be in spottys shoes at the moment

A really big congratulations to Spotswood.
7 consecutive Div 1 Grand Final appearances, no club in the WRFL/FDFL history has ever achieved this.
To have 17 of the 22 players today that had all played under age footy at Spotswood is also very rewarding for the club.
Go Woodsman and good luck in two weeks time.

Congrats to spotswood.... They play a fantastic brand of footy and why wouldnt anyone in that club not want to stand up when it counts through examples their coach sets...... Won the ball in the clinches i dunno the centre clearance numbers i thought spotty dominated all day then fed out hand balls to blokes running at speed from the defensive side of the pack...... Outnumbered dp at the stoppages 7 out of 10 times and imo it was only a matter of time before it opened up.... Thought the radio boys had it spot on in the after match dp like to hold on to the ball through chipping it around which is ok at times take the game on i say..... Another thing they mentioned was to get lukey summers into the midfield whilst not the quickest has been a solid midfielder with great skills for a long time and is a slippery customer in terms of trying to tackle him..... Injuries/free kicks bad kicking for goal i dont buy into that crap not good enough in the body language department for my liking..... Geez goodluck picking a winner tommorrow hope they punch the james blunt out of each other!!!!

Altona out. I think the quote went something like this "When people think WRFL, they think Spotswood. Now when they think WRFL, they'll think Altona"
Umm not really champ. Well done Sunshine. Would be great to see a Spotty V Sunshine GF.

Altona out. I think the quote went something like this "When people think WRFL, they think Spotswood. Now when they think WRFL, they'll think Altona"
Umm not really champ. Well done Sunshine. Would be great to see a Spotty V Sunshine GF.

gee just read a similar post on facebook, people have good memories :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

@SpotswoodFC: SFC player C Elliot #11 received a knock yesterday vs Deer Park.If anyone saw the incident in 2nd qtr please contact Chris 0413931391 asap

Saw this on twitter.

What is this about?

gee just read a similar post on facebook, people have good memories :)

Was only 12 months ago so the memory doesn't have to be that great. Had just won a flag against a club who had won 4 of the last 6 and was already claiming to be the new powerhouse of the WRFL. Oh well, emotions do strange things.

Tried to put a block on and got smacked.

was it legal? did the DP player get reported? Not sure how much merit a comment from Bob sitting in the grandstand with a hotdog in his gob carries when going to the league to get a player done for a behind the play incident. Can understand DP trying to clip Elliot as its the only way to bloody stop him.

A pity none of the umpires saw the Deer Park player (hero or coward?) - rumour says it was no.25, I didn't see it so apologies to 25 if it wasn't him - king hit 11 from Spotswood behind play. Or maybe they did.

No matter what we may think of Spotswood, 7 grand finals in a row is a great effort.

Good game by Sunshine, the umpiring was some of the worst I had seen in the whole final series. I think some of Altona's players were extremely over zealous especially No. 33 who was lucky not to get pinged for or at least kneeing Simon Wiggins for Sunshine right in front of their crowd (I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, even though it certainly looked like he kicked), If a few 50 meter penalties and free kicks were given early I think the game would have been cleaned up earlier, no point giving 150 meter penalty in the last qtr, very very poor umpiring..

was it legal? did the DP player get reported? Not sure how much merit a comment from Bob sitting in the grandstand with a hotdog in his gob carries when going to the league to get a player done for a behind the play incident. Can understand DP trying to clip Elliot as its the only way to bloody stop him.
Not legal from what I heard. Didn't see it so I won't be naming anyone.

So no one saw this illegal incident, enough for Spotty to put it out to the twittersphere. But no one knows what happened. Doesn't sound like it will go further.

I was stunned to see a football club pleading with the public to dob in an opposition player.

Mind you, if the wrong thing was done, hats off to spotty for trying to get justice for the actions that may have been outside the rules.

Wonder if Werribee Ammos committee members were down there and saw it? Might change their minds! Lol

So no one saw this illegal incident, enough for Spotty to put it out to the twittersphere. But no one knows what happened. Doesn't sound like it will go further.

I was stunned to see a football club pleading with the public to dob in an opposition player.

Mind you, if the wrong thing was done, hats off to spotty for trying to get justice for the actions that may have been outside the rules.

Wonder if Werribee Ammos committee members were down there and saw it? Might change their minds! Lol

Yesterdays game was worse than Saturdays.... Question, if Parkside wins and wants to go to A grade - whats the league going to do??

The restructure is going to cause headaches.

The WRFL will be hoping Glen Orden win if they don't want to go up just yet. Because they will struggle telling some div one sides to go down!

Hearing Albion will be on hands and knees. Surely they may struggle but can't be that bad down there, can it?

Remove this Banner Ad

WRFL Division 1 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back