WRFL Division 1 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Second club in as many years from the west to depart ammos at c grade level for 'professional' league.

Why not report on the professional clubs that are joining the ammo's?

Please don't let facts get in the way of a good story!

Bill Asani has got the St Albans coaching gig. He will add extra dollars to the club's recruiting department and also bring the likes of Brendon Hollow, Adem Asani and Michael Spooner back to the club.

A very interesting conversation overheard yesterday
All ready been raised here but confirmed that O'Keefe will go to StAlbans
But also very strange for Altona, Eames just left and will be back at Spotswood to assist Langlands as coach

A very interesting conversation overheard yesterday
All ready been raised here but confirmed that O'Keefe will go to StAlbans
But also very strange for Altona, Eames just left and will be back at Spotswood to assist Langlands as coach

As Coach ? Or just playing ? If just playing why the **** would he leave Spotswood to go to St Albans ?
Clubs are poles apart.

Tom Langlands appointed at Spotswood and Eames assistant you are saying ?

All's not well at Altona with Eames going and players wanting out apparently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I spoke to Lachlan baddeley last night after he had been to the league presentation. He spoke to Vern who told him Okeefe is not going to be at St. Albans, and that he was going to the country to coach. So if that's from presidents mouth where is your source from? I'd like to be proved wrong, but I highly doubt it.

from what im hearing its going to the assistant coach , Marcus

Reported on Ballarat FL thread - Brad Murphy playing coach of Melton FC.

1. Wonder if he applied for Hoppers senior gig and missed out?
2. How many of his premiership winning Under 18's will be crossing with him?

Certainly will have the Hoppers faithful very nervous:)

Reported on Ballarat FL thread - Brad Murphy playing coach of Melton FC.

1. Wonder if he applied for Hoppers senior gig and missed out?
2. How many of his premiership winning Under 18's will be crossing with him?

Certainly will have the Hoppers faithful very nervous:)

Brad has had itchy feet to coach a senior side for a while and to my knowledge he did not apply for the Senior job at Hoppers, good luck to him.

I dont think any of the kids will be going with him as the club have signed every player 21 and under to contracts approx a month ago.

The concern is when are they going to announce the senior coach, I assume pre-season training will need to start in early November. I know for a fact there are a lot of players which haven't been signed to contracts awaiting the decision before they decide where they are going to play.

Maybe a bit long in the tooth but remember he took districts all the way to B grade in the ammos from about 6 grades lower so he has the runs on the board...

I AM not knocking him but he must be getting on. As far as taking Districts to B Grade he done that on the back of a group of outstanding juniors the club had coming through to Senior Footy some if not most that he had coached at Under 18 Level. He is obviously a good coach of young players and if you believe what you hear about Hoppers putting their faith in their Juniors going forward then maybe he would be a good fit.
An established group of Experienced Seniors maybe not so.

I AM not knocking him but he must be getting on. As far as taking Districts to B Grade he done that on the back of a group of outstanding juniors the club had coming through to Senior Footy some if not most that he had coached at Under 18 Level. He is obviously a good coach of young players and if you believe what you hear about Hoppers putting their faith in their Juniors going forward then maybe he would be a good fit.
An established group of Experienced Seniors maybe not so.

So do we know who is coaching Hoppers?

Remove this Banner Ad

WRFL Division 1 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back