WRFL Division 1 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Gooday boys,the Fossil is back for a late replacement for our latest defector,our former #7,we are wrapped to announce a fair replacement in gaining the signature of former Carlton star Ryan Houlahan.Hope you enjoy driving up the bush each week Shagga.A great addition to,B Guerra,Thornton,Hargraves,Condos,Cooper,Stankovic,Wong,McKenzie and so on.
BULLY will be leading from the front again.

good to have you back fossilionking.

Yea, pretty much. This FOOTYONTHENOSE guy has no clue. Yarraville will finish top four, Spotty will get nowhere near it. Werribee the same story.
Lot of people are underestimating Werribee. Last year they bottomed out in VAFA B grade which is a very good standard of football , they have picked up a good coach who won a few flags in the bellarine league and by all reports have recruited some good players from the GFL. I would have them finish in the top 5 somewhere this year

I think it's hard to go past DP for the flag even if they get affected by injury.
Hate to say it but I think YSE will be in div 2 next year if the div 2 winner comes up.
Agree Werribee will go well, not sure how they will cope with the more congested style of WRFL given the Ammos is more free flowing but should go top 5
The rest is a raffle, which is good for the league, but expecting altona outside the 5

Last edited by a moderator:

I think it's hard to go past DP for the flag even if they get affected by injury.
Hate to say it but I think YSE will be in div 2 next year if the div 2 winner comes up.
Agree Werribee will go well, not sure how they will cope with the more congested style of WRFL given the Ammos is more free flowing but should go top 5
The rest is a raffle, which is good for the league, but expecting altona outside the 5

So you would think top 5 would be ? 1.Deer Park
2. Spotty
3. Sunshine
4. St Albans
5. Werribee.

On footy, the cats are travelling alot better than previous years. Still a massive mountain to climb but as per preious posts, our core player group and supporters will always remain, keeping us in divy 1 where we belong.
Also A.Tymms has been terrific, not only in the last few months as head coach but the last 2 years as an assistant under Greeny!

On the interleague, Cats have a praccy match on the 29th, so i know that none of the boys will be there to support not only Albion players (Coach aswell) but the team.
Do most teams would have a praccy match on that day?

On footy, the cats are travelling alot better than previous years. Still a massive mountain to climb but as per preious posts, our core player group and supporters will always remain, keeping us in divy 1 where we belong.
Also A.Tymms has been terrific, not only in the last few months as head coach but the last 2 years as an assistant under Greeny!

On the interleague, Cats have a praccy match on the 29th, so i know that none of the boys will be there to support not only Albion players (Coach aswell) but the team.
Do most teams would have a praccy match on that day?

Might want to delete/edit that post INKA. Pretty sure the league sent a email to all clubs telling thenm that no practice matches allowed on that date

Gooday boys,the Fossil is back for a late replacement for our latest defector,our former #7,we are wrapped to announce a fair replacement in gaining the signature of former Carlton star Ryan Houlahan.Hope you enjoy driving up the bush each week Shagga.A great addition to,B Guerra,Thornton,Hargraves,Condos,Cooper,Stankovic,Wong,McKenzie and so on.
BULLY will be leading from the front again.

Cant believe how much money they are spending had no idea about hargrave or condos, No team will get within 20 goals

THE LADDER FOR THIS YEAR.

DEER PARK, WONT LOSE A GAME.
SPOTSWOOD, BRIDES MAID AGAIN.
STALBANS, BIG IMPROVERS.
SUNSHINE, SAME AS LAST YEAR.
ALBION, WERRIBEE, HOPPERS, THESE 3 WILL FIGHT OUT FIFTH SPOT, SO THE GAMES WHEN THEY PLAY EACH OTHER WILL BE CRUCIAL.
PORT COLTS, A YEAR TO REGROUP, TO MANY LEAVING AND THE OLD CREW CANT KEEP GOING FOREVER.
ALTONA, BIG TROUBLE, PREMIERS 2 YEARS AGO, LOST A LOT OF QUALITY, NOTHING COMING IN, 2ND LAST.
YARRAVILLE, TO MANY GONE AS WELL AND YOU ARE CLUTCHING AT STRAWS WHEN YOU OFFER A DIV 2 B & F $ 1200 A GAME, WOODEN SPOON.

WHAT DO OTHER BF FOOTY PEOPLE THINK ?

looking forward to the SAINTS this year
agree big improvers

After playing with jimmy in 2011 he looked spent after our flag, and backed up 2012 poorly I hate to say but he might be a passenger in 2014 with back issues and James wong from wang playing, the new "jimmy" might take his spot, plus a lot more comp in that team... It's gonna be tough fossil.

if you played with jimmy in 2011 you remember the reason he was spent is because he played and he got injured against Albion and got you over the line on his own in half a game of footy
with his 6 goals before half time. and if he did play just a couple of more game he may have got you to play a final series that has never ever been achieved before from a team common up from B GRADE don't count your chickens before they hatch lets see how he performs lets see how the opposition teams go. Now at lest he doesn't have to worry about having two or three hanging off him good luck to the back-man who has to man him up one out.

After playing with jimmy in 2011 he looked spent after our flag, and backed up 2012 poorly I hate to say but he might be a passenger in 2014 with back issues and James wong from wang playing, the new "jimmy" might take his spot, plus a lot more comp in that team... It's gonna be tough fossil.
No way James Condos will be a passenger,after almost 2 years on the sidelines and 2 years of hard work,James is injury free and hungrier than ever,not only the most popular bloke at our club,but in the top 3 or 4 on the track.With so much support on the forward line,probably getting the second or third best defender,look out who ever plays on him or gets in he's way.My estimate is 10 to 12 games,60 to 70 goals,plus finals.Show's the character of James to come back to the Parkers after 1 year at Keilor.Absolute superstar.Could have went anywhere for double he's getting at the lions den.
Bully will be leading from the front.

if you played with jimmy in 2011 you remember the reason he was spent is because he played and he got injured against Albion and got you over the line on his own in half a game of footy
with his 6 goals before half time. and if he did play just a couple of more game he may have got you to play a final series that has never ever been achieved before from a team common up from B GRADE don't count your chickens before they hatch lets see how he performs lets see how the opposition teams go. Now at lest he doesn't have to worry about having two or three hanging off him good luck to the back-man who has to man him up one out.

he may have got you to play a final series that has never ever been achieved before from a team common up from B GRADE
Could be wrong but think it has been done. St Albans rings a bell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you will find the back went on the warmup at yarraville in 2011, but any way I wish him and the Lions well in 2014 I'll stick to playing bush footy now fossil and looking in. At least I'll have a 2pm start out in the sticks...good luck for the year boys

No way James Condos will be a passenger,after almost 2 years on the sidelines and 2 years of hard work,James is injury free and hungrier than ever,not only the most popular bloke at our club,but in the top 3 or 4 on the track.With so much support on the forward line,probably getting the second or third best defender,look out who ever plays on him or gets in he's way.My estimate is 10 to 12 games,60 to 70 goals,plus finals.Show's the character of James to come back to the Parkers after 1 year at Keilor.Absolute superstar.Could have went anywhere for double he's getting at the lions den.
Bully will be leading from the front.

Would be a great bloke to be around. I assume that would be 3 sign on fees in 3 years.

His shout......

and the competition will be no better for it.

Hopefully they cant keep this spending up for too long or else it will get very boring for the rest of the competition.

Some may say, good luck to them ! As I have stated before is this sustainable, i guess with the moneyman putting in alot of his own coin the committee must be saving a heap of cash for years to come, I guess the question is will the juniors coming thru stick fat and wait for their turn to get a game.

Hopefully they cant keep this spending up for too long or else it will get very boring for the rest of the competition.

Some may say, good luck to them ! As I have stated before is this sustainable, i guess with the moneyman putting in alot of his own coin the committee must be saving a heap of cash for years to come, I guess the question is will the juniors coming thru stick fat and wait for their turn to get a game.
Good luck to them is ok but it doesn't address how a race for second benefits the comp. If the kids are are happy riding on the coat tails of the senior side winning flags, they'll stay but there's nothing stopping other clubs chasing younger Deer Park talent. In that case, they won't. A gamble.

Good luck to them is ok but it doesn't address how a race for second benefits the comp. If the kids are are happy riding on the coat tails of the senior side winning flags, they'll stay but there's nothing stopping other clubs chasing younger Deer Park talent. In that case, they won't. A gamble.

Playing for second every year is not good at all, hopefully the sides playing their kids improve to a level to challenge in the next couple of years ie; HCFC are in that boat going with the u18's from the last 3 grand finals and there is immense talent their ( no doubt ), but they need to compliment these guys with suitable recruits where required and this goes for all clubs, spend your money wisely, ensure guys are going to stick around for 2, 3 or even 4 years rather than 1 to help guide the youth coming thru.

To be honest, I think Yarraville is an underrated force this year, but that's purely opinion. Will be good to see how they come out in the first few rounds. Got high hopes for the Saints also, looking refreshed and very sharp- big improvers

To be honest, I think Yarraville is an underrated force this year, but that's purely opinion. Will be good to see how they come out in the first few rounds. Got high hopes for the Saints also, looking refreshed and very sharp- big improvers

Any news on how they went against D2 premiership side Glen Orden?

Remove this Banner Ad

WRFL Division 1 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back