WRFL Division 2 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think
Not misspelling they are facts those players don't come cheap.
Parks played west coburg good hit out lost by 20p with some big names missing fab,fluffy,bobby,lexy,mo new boys played well Matty Pearce got leather poisoning Harris good pick up
I think I read that wrong. I took it as you were saying there players were overpaid. No big names that I saw playing last week.

Than again ain't they all from Trentham?
I'm confused,
Firstly it's stated 'Those players don't come cheap" then
It's stated, there are no " big names' ????

Sounds like the way footy is these days, every average player, thinks they deserve money, and unfortunatly, average clubs in average competitions have to accept this to be only competitive.

I think some clubs spend money to try & win flag's, and if they have good junior's in place,i guess it's a way of keeping there juniors at the club because there is a succesful senior team for them to inspired by.
On the other hand, i'm sure the newer clubs such as Sanctuary Lakes,Manor Lakes & Caroline Springs who have only had seniors for a few years, just want to be competitive,so there juniors will stay,rather than wanting to play for a more succesful club when there old enough.
Anyway, wish there was more maybe praccy match score's,and what players look like they are going to make an impact this year, rather than, who's spending what, because everyone is spending, and probaly only a few at each club would know if it's value,pretty early into the season.

I'm confused,
Firstly it's stated 'Those players don't come cheap" then
It's stated, there are no " big names' ????

Sounds like the way footy is these days, every average player, thinks they deserve money, and unfortunatly, average clubs in average competitions have to accept this to be only competitive.

I think some clubs spend money to try & win flag's, and if they have good junior's in place,i guess it's a way of keeping there juniors at the club because there is a succesful senior team for them to inspired by.
On the other hand, i'm sure the newer clubs such as Sanctuary Lakes,Manor Lakes & Caroline Springs who have only had seniors for a few years, just want to be competitive,so there juniors will stay,rather than wanting to play for a more succesful club when there old enough.
Anyway, wish there was more maybe praccy match score's,and what players look like they are going to make an impact this year, rather than, who's spending what, because everyone is spending, and probaly only a few at each club would know if it's value,pretty early into the season.

Haz, the issue with big spend is that there is always a risk that juniors coming through will hit a brick wall once they reach senior footy. Clubs throw the cheque book around in the hope of winning flags but the problems come later when going up a division and getting smashed. Some of the blokes demanding the big coin tend to take off looking for a competitive team with the dollars to match. This can leave the club in a hole because the younger blokes worthy of a shot haven't been filtered through and exposed to enough senior footy. If they refuse to go up a division, following flags arent acknowledged as great achievements until they snag a Div 1 flag.

As for discussing the players etc, not enough of us have had a look at the praccy matches to say anything at this point so speculation about other things keeps people coming to the board. It'll fire up after Rd 1.

Ye
Haz, the issue with big spend is that there is always a risk that juniors coming through will hit a brick wall once they reach senior footy. Clubs throw the cheque book around in the hope of winning flags but the problems come later when going up a division and getting smashed. Some of the blokes demanding the big coin tend to take off looking for a competitive team with the dollars to match. This can leave the club in a hole because the younger blokes worthy of a shot haven't been filtered through and exposed to enough senior footy. If they refuse to go up a division, following flags arent acknowledged as great achievements until they snag a Div 1 flag.

As for discussing the players etc, not enough of us have had a look at the praccy matches to say anything at this point so speculation about other things keeps people coming to the board. It'll fire up after Rd 1.
s

Yes your right Check,
looks as thou Altona,Spotty, Hoppers & St Albans seem to have the balance right in Division 1, they seem to have success in there seniors and juniors.
Is it fair to say, that in Div 2, teams are either hanging on for there life in seniors and junior's, or trying to get a senior premiship for the sake of a flag, or they are building towards Div 1 ?

Went down to check out the GO vs Ballan game on the weekend in which GO won by about 10 goals. Ballan had a few senior players out but GO had D.Yze,angelini,barolli,walker,stornebrink,bektash,crea,scuddamore,johnson,welfare and j macdonald.. As for the new recurits that played on sat.. Kruyger had about 25 touches and huxtable,ryan and magna look like they will cause a few headaches for alot of backman in div 2 this year

Went down to check out the GO vs Ballan game on the weekend in which GO won by about 10 goals. Ballan had a few senior players out but GO had D.Yze,angelini,barolli,walker,stornebrink,bektash,crea,scuddamore,johnson,welfare and j macdonald.. As for the new recurits that played on sat.. Kruyger had about 25 touches and huxtable,ryan and magna look like they will cause a few headaches for alot of backman in div 2 this year

Can you tell us how the parkside players went?
Also if the Geelong pair played?

Ye
s

Yes your right Check,
looks as thou Altona,Spotty, Hoppers & St Albans seem to have the balance right in Division 1, they seem to have success in there seniors and juniors.
Is it fair to say, that in Div 2, teams are either hanging on for there life in seniors and junior's, or trying to get a senior premiship for the sake of a flag, or they are building towards Div 1 ?

From caroline springs point of view, we army building for an instant premiership, we are slowing building the club to be a successful club like williamstown, Werribee juniors who can have many afl recruits from our club and the ones that don't make it we want to keep, in 5 years time we will
Be a very very strong outfit

Ye
s

Yes your right Check,

You'd hope the senior premiership meant that the club was definitely going to Div 1. It hasn't happened in the past with some clubs. Clubs run the risk of losing recruits who are happy to play Div2 but see Div1 as too much of a challenge. I think West Footscray found that out a few years ago. Parkside are desperate to go up, still dunno what the story is with GO.
Some clubs are hanging on for their life mate. I think all top clubs at present have been in that position and fought their way out of it.

From caroline springs point of view, we army building for an instant premiership, we are slowing building the club to be a successful club like williamstown, Werribee juniors who can have many afl recruits from our club and the ones that don't make it we want to keep, in 5 years time we will
Be a very very strong outfit
Yes, you's definatly are not building for a premiship, but with the growth in the area, lots of junior teams, the colleges close by & good facilities, there is no reason Caroline Springs could not plan ahead to be ,maybe not a Werribee or Williamstown, but a strong Div 1 Club. Maybe just flying under the radar at the moment too :)

Who
You'd hope the senior premiership meant that the club was definitely going to Div 1. It hasn't happened in the past with some clubs. Clubs run the risk of losing recruits who are happy to play Div2 but see Div1 as too much of a challenge. I think West Footscray found that out a few years ago. Parkside are desperate to go up, still dunno what the story is with GO.
Some clubs are hanging on for their life mate. I think all top clubs at present have been in that position and fought their way out of it.[

Who would have thought, Birdsville or Wyndhamvale pushing for Divy 1.
Must admit both clubs have come along way since i was playing,and seen them both last year,and was impressed.
There is definatly room for a Werribee team in Divy 1 to rival Hoppers, who will it be thou ????

Can understand Parksides push to rise again. A old traditional club,with past success would love to rise again, rather than slip away.
Also, what a league with out Mapgies in the top Division.

From rumors around the place, and flag predictions aside, GO seem to be in the best financial position to go up. The backing has to remain so you hope that the backers don't drop off after a couple of lean years in Div 1. Whether they can match the dollars generated by Hoppers is not something anyone from outside GO admin can comment on. Unfortunately it will come down to who has the cash to draw the best recruits IMO.
I know a few blokes from Parkside and they always tell me that they get more and more pissed off every year they spend in Div 2. Gotta appreciate that way of thinking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know a few blokes from Parkside and they always tell me that they get more and more pissed off every year they spend in Div 2. Gotta appreciate that way of thinking.
Let em get even more pisses off staying there. Glenorden looking great & hoping to fire week in week out. No game will be taken lightly. Glenorden's reserves looking great also. Have been watching them train twice a week. Basically a new team with their best 10-11 players still there from last season in their 1's. The others playing 2's. Also saw ex parkside gun Kruegar turn it on last weekend. My pick for league B&F. :)

Let em get even more pisses off staying there. Glenorden looking great & hoping to fire week in week out. No game will be taken lightly. Glenorden's reserves looking great also. Have been watching them train twice a week. Basically a new team with their best 10-11 players still there from last season in their 1's. The others playing 2's. Also saw ex parkside gun Kruegar turn it on last weekend. My pick for league B&F. :)
So they've brought in 11 guns. Solid effort. I'll reserve my pick for BnF once I see some form and what Krueger is up against. After all this preseason hype, looks like Div2 will be one horse race. Now tell me, if they win the flag, will they definitely go up?

Went and had a look at Glenorden again today and after what i saw they are the real deal and for them to knock off west coburg by 4-5 goals with Yze Huxtable Scudamore kruger all out! parkside and wvale should be shitting themselves, i have given them a bit of shit but you cant knock this team that they have just cant see any D2 team coming close to them. Clubs like manor lakes trying to build a club dont go throwing money at players go after the blokes the hawks brought in to build the club cause they know what they are doing, is it true Vale got touched up today? and any other results anyone know of?

Went and had a look at Glenorden again today and after what i saw they are the real deal and for them to knock off west coburg by 4-5 goals with Yze Huxtable Scudamore kruger all out! parkside and wvale should be shitting themselves, i have given them a bit of shit but you cant knock this team that they have just cant see any D2 team coming close to them. Clubs like manor lakes trying to build a club dont go throwing money at players go after the blokes the hawks brought in to build the club cause they know what they are doing, is it true Vale got touched up today? and any other results anyone know of?

Ease up Glen Orden have had 30 years to build a club,
Manor Lakes got to start somewhere, anyway they downed Sunshine Heights by about
40 points.

Was there also. Look the goods. Also no Mooney & Kingsley either. Yze, Huxtable, Scudamore, Kruegar & all 3 big rucks all were sitting watching.

B

By about 10 goals I hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back