WRFL Division 2 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, dunno about orden getting smashed, i wouldve thought itd be match of the round? laverton and braybrook will be a good game.

Yea i agree, dunno about glenorden getting smashed should be a really good game you would think. And i dunno how this game was not Match of the Round? How do 2 teams that never played finals last season get it over a finals team and a Divvy 1 club coming down for their first game? Still backing Coburg to win but should be a good one

:thumbsu:
If i was a betting man id be going with you this week.
I was down watching the lakers have a hit against Melton Centrals on Saturday great game til half time i think scores were level. The lakers took most quality blokes off after half time and decided to try different set plays with the 2nds players just incase they are needed threwout the year and also thried some blokes in different posies. I suppose thats what praccies are for, in the end Centrals had a comfy win. The U18s which in 2011 was an ordinary side got up and thrashed Pt Cook who won last years prem. Apparently the Lakers have got kids from Echuca and Ballarat to play this year. F**k how serious are they.
Talking to the guys at the top end of the club they where saying they have signed Hawthorn Football Club to be affiliated with for a minimum 3 years, the Hawks will be taking some U16/18 players under there wings to help develop them in a way that hasnt been tried yet. They were saying certain kids will train in a new development squad designed for the Hawks affiliated clubs where certain Hawk coaches will train these kids in ways to enhance the posies they play in know. Even the Jets dont do this stuff.
On the dollar side from a good reliable source, Hawthorn have signed for $100k over 3 years and the new pub Westwaters which is part of Hawthorn is also backing them.
Can you imagine what potential that club has maybe the league better get some advice on how to run things from these people.
Anyway the Lakers look better and i reckon this year Divi 2s gunna be a cracker.:thumbsu:

Just checked website hawk logo top of sponsor page are they going to do a deer Park and buy a flag within the next few years:footy:

curious about match of the day this week, looking at the clearances west seem to have picked up a few players where as the lakers seem to have lost a few... are any of the players west picked something that the lakers should worry about?

curious about match of the day this week, looking at the clearances west seem to have picked up a few players where as the lakers seem to have lost a few... are any of the players west picked something that the lakers should worry about?

Who knows, west are underrated as it is, will be a decent game, what i cant understand is how did orden vs coburg not get the gig? Maybe they are worried about getting their van pinched down at birdsville? Lol.
Surely the ex div1 side would get a look in against a good opposition round 1.

Wisewords this is true, wests have alot of new recruits but a few injuries coming into round 1,Also Glenorden and Coburg are sneeking under the radar 1 of these 2 teams will play in the grand final-My early prediction!

My Ladder prediction

Glenorden
Yarraville
Whyndamvale
Coburg
Parkside

Wests
Springers
Laverton
Brookers
Nth Sunny

Wisewords this is true, wests have alot of new recruits but a few injuries coming into round 1,Also Glenorden and Coburg are sneeking under the radar 1 of these 2 teams will play in the grand final-My early prediction!

My Ladder prediction

Glenorden
Yarraville
Whyndamvale
Coburg
Parkside

Wests
Springers
Laverton
Brookers
Nth Sunny

Albanvale?

Who knows, west are underrated as it is, will be a decent game, what i cant understand is how did orden vs coburg not get the gig? Maybe they are worried about getting their van pinched down at birdsville? Lol.
Surely the ex div1 side would get a look in against a good opposition round 1.

I'm not up to speed on who organises match of the roubd or if it gets broadcast or whatever. But eitherway I think they have taken correct caution. Would you give match of the round to a side that has not won a game for 24 months. Have they recruited well? Yep. From all reports they will improve but assumption is the king of all muck ups. I hope they improve for the leagues sake though.

Wyndhamvale
Coburg
Parkside
Seddon-yarra
Glen Orden

Albanvale
Laverton
West Foots
Caro Springs
Braybrook
Nth Sun(ya feel for the people who work hard behind the scenes at clubs like this.)

Just from what I hear around and read on here and/or the local papers.
Should be a cracking comp this year. Good Luck

Yeah fair call there i guess. Im sure they'll be strong this year in div2. Heard theyve changed their stip and are starting fresh. Lets see.

Orden by 13pts
West by 35pts - CS #13 best on.
Lavo by 28pts
A'vale by heaps

With 24 hours to go before the start of the Division 2 WRFL, I and we as a club would like to wish all clubs the best for a great season and may it be a very close and competitive year as predicted and that we see some very spirited games and a good standard of football.

Can we all try and make an effort to help each other out off-field by staying back as the opposition club for at least a bite to eat and a drink and if we all aim to do that then we will all get the same back in return!

Let's let the umpires do their job's but ultimately they will make mistakes as all players and coaches will - we are at the end of the day all in Division 2 and not AFL so let them do their job, encourage them (a lot of new umpires I hear) and the rest of us just go about playing the best footy we can and the rest will look after itself!

Best wishes and look forward to the competition this season! Go Lavo.

Should be a cracking comp this year. Good Luck[/QUOTE]

Good call scoobie, it looks to a ripper year with any one of a handful of clubs looking to give a good show. I think it is a great call to have west and Caro as match of day considering GO still have to prove that they will be improved and gain respect on tge last 2 years. Which I think they will, they have a good influx of players at their disposal and rumour has it they just signed Jesse Fortune on Tuesday night which if true is a great pickup.
My tips this week are

West Foot by 4 goals over what i think will be a hugely improved Caro Springs. I think their ground will be their fortress this year with what will be a cracker of a game in my eyes.

Albanvale by 10 goals over Nth Sunshine. Good luck to nth suni tho I wish them all the luck for the year. Interesting to note that my little birdies tell me Micka Lindsey has resigned with Albanvale again after breaking his leg at Lavo, good get if true he is a good player but bad luck for Lavo, they seem to keep leaving down their.

Coburg by 16 points V Glen Orden in what will be a tough match but I think it will be played in close and this will advantage Coburgs bigger bodies but I would not be surprised if GO get the win. Look out for Matty Antonello for GO he should put on a show, great kid and player. Coburg will be too strong tho.

Braybrooke by 45 points V Lavo. This may come as a surprise to u boys but I think braybrooke are set for this game and will take the game on and with a lot of quality players missing from Lavo squad I would think it would be too much for them to get a win in this one. This is just a gut feel and if I am wrong I will stand by my prediction on all games.

Gee it's good to have footy back, a little disappointing to have the bye this week but all us falcons will be out and about watching the games.

Good luck to all and lets hope there are no major injuries in the first week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh we are mates now lol
Good luck to everyone playing this week let's hope we all get through games with out any injuries..
Very excited footys back wohoo

Should be a cracking comp this year. Good Luck

Albanvale by 10 goals over Nth Sunshine. Good luck to nth suni tho I wish them all the luck for the year. Interesting to note that my little birdies tell me Micka Lindsey has resigned with Albanvale again after breaking his leg at Lavo, good get if true he is a good player but bad luck for Lavo, they seem to keep leaving down their.

[/QUOTE]

But strange... He was at laverton training last night

But strange... He was at laverton training last night[/quote]

Strange how he was down at your club after saying on facebook that you guys wont win a game........

FYI been there done that for all of 2 games and I was on $50 a win, guess what we had a win against orden so technically I was a paid div1 senior player lol

Congratulations and what did you buy with the WHOLE $50?Hope you didnt spnd it all at the 1 shop spud!

I invested it mate tough times with the gfc and all lol
Spud? Can go missing at times but can play :)

3 out on the full? I beg the differ ^ Lol. I had to turn the radio off, stevie thom was doing my head in with all this rant about cs #13. ;)
Lavo stiff against brookers today, they will improve. Brookers still love the knuckle and cheapies. Glen orden broke the seal, and have some bigger bodies this year which will be an advantage. Alot of new faces at coburg and some quality smalls. Glad footy is back, cant wait to get out there in two weeks. Back to you karim.

3 out on the full? I beg the differ ^ Lol. I had to turn the radio off, stevie thom was doing my head in with all this rant about cs #13. ;)
Lavo stiff against brookers today, they will improve. Brookers still love the knuckle and cheapies. Glen orden broke the seal, and have some bigger bodies this year which will be an advantage. Alot of new faces at coburg and some quality smalls. Glad footy is back, cant wait to get out there in two weeks. Back to you karim.

Thank you thommo lol did I cop a flogging on the radio? Spewing I couldn't get through the whole game these trusty hammys are no good lol
Good game of Footy today between west and cs we almost snatched the game late but were beaten by the buzzer, didn't help having no bench for the last 1/4 but that's Footy I guess. Credit to west who were pretty good on there home turf, they have improved heaps on last year and so have cs some very good signs for both clubs going forward..

Did Lavo lose?

Thank you thommo lol did I cop a flogging on the radio? Spewing I couldn't get through the whole game these trusty hammys are no good lol
Good game of Footy today between west and cs we almost snatched the game late but were beaten by the buzzer, didn't help having no bench for the last 1/4 but that's Footy I guess. Credit to west who were pretty good on there home turf, they have improved heaps on last year and so have cs some very good signs for both clubs going forward..

Did Lavo lose?

Seen the last half,thought you's were unlucky Karim13, makes a difference when teams have a target up forward, defiantly two teams that have slipped under the radar In the off season,that are going to surprise some of the fancied teams. Lavo lost hey ? Guess well stay posted for the excuses, or are they still re-building down there lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back