WRFL Division 2 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can some of the computer experts tell me what makes a gun versus ordinary footballer?
If a guy is committed, fit and willing to train plus follow directions from a coach and stick to a game plan, then what would you call him? Not to mention if a guy wants to help a club over sticking out his hand for over the odds match payments??
Spotswood are fairly strong this year (understatement) would you call anyone who plays in their seniors a fairly ordinary footballer?
This topic intrigues me....
Clubs need all sorts and commitment often overrides talent as far as the journey goes for a season in my opinion.

Moonee Valley were never any good in A Grade,. Plus never said he wouldnt be a welcome addition to any club, in fact he'd be a great asset to any club off field. But fact is he is an ordinary footballer at best, Good Luck Matty, hope you do well

I remember Moonee valley being very hard to beat at home and had good individual players like Kemp and McNamara. He played A grade EDFL and was a decent player, nobody is saying he was a world beater. How you know so much about him and Moonee valley anyway?

Lets get back on topic guys.

Tips this week? A bit more even? Or a standard blow out?

Coburg by 40 goals standard, but good on the blokes at north.
West by 10 goals in a slog, expecting lavo to have a crack.
Glenorden by 10 goals in a tough game at caroline swamps.
Seddon yarraville by 15 goals, and to do it easily.
Parkside by 10 goals, but to be shocked by braybrook.
Wyndamvale have two weeks off, will that hurt?

People, post your top fives. Is the top 3 a raffle?

'i have the juice'

'i have the juice'

Coburg by 35goals.
West by 15 goals.
Hawks by 20 goals.
Yarraville by 20 goals.
Parkside by 20 goals.

I believe top 2 is done & dusted already.

Yarraville
Parkside

3-7 is anyone. You could see any club miss out or any of them make it.

In saying that. After studying the entire fixture.

Tony's Prediciton Ladder (After watching almost every team)

Yarraville
Parkside
Glenorden
Wyndhamvale
Coburg
-------
Albanvale
West Footscray
Caroline Springs
Braybrook
Laverton
North Sunshine

I have gone through the fixture & noticed that Glenorden who just played North Sunshine, play (next 5): Caroline Springs, Braybrook, West Footscray, Laverton. Pretty lucky draw if you ask me. 5 of the bottom 5 in 5 weeks. 4 x 5 = 20 pts.

Thoughts on that?

Tony.

Yeah i like it. I think seddon-yarraville are the yardstick, and seem to be very quiet and intravert about it. Ive spoke to a couple mates that play there, and they tend not to give alot away, and seem pretty focused on the task at hand. They have gelled a treat, and the coach has huge respect from my knowladge. Goodluck to them. I have also spoken to a few people down at glenorden i played with at ammos, and they are quietly confident also, and think they will be up around the top two, as they are getting players back and starting to find form. Things could get interesting. As for the top four under obviously seddon yarraville, im up in the air with the order as you could really raffle it. But i think the 5 is set, unless west footscray or albanvale take some huge scalps from now to the business end.
West, albanvale and caroline springs could very well all finish equal. It is still very early, but i cant imagine much would change ladder wise.

'i have the juice'

Yeah i like it. I think seddon-yarraville are the yardstick, and seem to be very quiet and intravert about it. Ive spoke to a couple mates that play there, and they tend not to give alot away, and seem pretty focused on the task at hand. They have gelled a treat, and the coach has huge respect from my knowladge. Goodluck to them. I have also spoken to a few people down at glenorden i played with at ammos, and they are quietly confident also, and think they will be up around the top two, as they are getting players back and starting to find form. Things could get interesting. As for the top four under obviously seddon yarraville, im up in the air with the order as you could really raffle it. But i think the 5 is set, unless west footscray or albanvale take some huge scalps from now to the business end.
West, albanvale and caroline springs could very well all finish equal. It is still very early, but i cant imagine much would change ladder wise.

'i have the juice'

Which game to go to this weekend!!! arghhh!!!!

I am not involved with any club however I enjoy watching the top 3 teams whom i named for top 3 as much as I can.

Ended up watching the 1st half of Albanvale vs Yarraville. Very good standard of football also no love lost between the ex coach! Was end to end, but Yarraville were up by around 11 goals. Then headed to Caroline Springs, took a while to find the bloody ground though. Got there half way through the third term with Glenorden up by 40 at that stage. Was a very good 2nd half, bear in mind I did not witness the first half so I don't really know what happened in the first 2 quaters. I can say I have probably seen the goal of the year already at this early stage. Glenorden player from back line, took 7 bounces, gave one-twos to a couple players, bounced a couple more & kicked the goal. I tried to find the player on the website but unfortunately it doesn't have their jumper numbers next to their names on the website. Top is confirmed at this early stage. Second to sixth is anyones guess

What's going on with Lavo???? Didn't look like the second bottom side to me. Having a chat at half time at the committee get together, "best side we've had in this year", was the comment....What the hell has changed from last week? Anyway, Lavo hit the front with 5 minutes to go and West kicked the last 5....(That last quarter seemed like 45 minutes), ....i know we are not the best side going around but great effort Lavo....Top win by Roosters ressys again by the way....watch out for them.:thumbsu:

What's going on with Lavo???? Didn't look like the second bottom side to me. Having a chat at half time at the committee get together, "best side we've had in this year", was the comment....What the hell has changed from last week? Anyway, Lavo hit the front with 5 minutes to go and West kicked the last 5....(That last quarter seemed like 45 minutes), ....i know we are not the best side going around but great effort Lavo....Top win by Roosters ressys again by the way....watch out for them.:thumbsu:

Yeah we have suffered heaps from injury and unavailibilties all year

Worst umpiring I have ever seen today would have been 10 fifty metre penalties in the last quarter players from both sides getting frustrated the older ump even mouthing off at players and openly laughing... Umps were booed off after the game by the west footscray supporters...

Ended up watching the 1st half of Albanvale vs Yarraville. Very good standard of football also no love lost between the ex coach! Was end to end, but Yarraville were up by around 11 goals. Then headed to Caroline Springs, took a while to find the bloody ground though. Got there half way through the third term with Glenorden up by 40 at that stage. Was a very good 2nd half, bear in mind I did not witness the first half so I don't really know what happened in the first 2 quaters. I can say I have probably seen the goal of the year already at this early stage. Glenorden player from back line, took 7 bounces, gave one-twos to a couple players, bounced a couple more & kicked the goal. I tried to find the player on the website but unfortunately it doesn't have their jumper numbers next to their names on the website. Top is confirmed at this early stage. Second to sixth is anyones guess

The backline players name is Adem Bektash, #20.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah we have suffered heaps from injury and unavailibilties all year

Worst umpiring I have ever seen today would have been 10 fifty metre penalties in the last quarter players from both sides getting frustrated the older ump even mouthing off at players and openly laughing... Umps were booed off after the game by the west footscray supporters...

I was one of the ones booing....:thumbsu: and not being rude to you cranberry, but i'd go about 15....fiftys....the younger (one with hair) was giving 50s according to the crowd comments lol

Terrific game of local footy played in the true spirit of the game!!

3 VOTES - THE SEAL

the goal was kicked by Adem Bektash it was a pearler

'i have the juice'

Standard blow outs this league getting worse:thumbsdown:Wyndamvale two weeks off,will that hurt ?No Coburg Will have 3 weeks off haha:D I told you all 2 weeks ago it is a 2 horse race .Some big news coming some clubs have already been approached to join EDFL:footy:My mail is 4 clubs are on the way out.

Coburg 3 weeks off? How so? Yeah its a bit like that isnt it. Would you mind disclosing that information? Interesting none the less. Watched the second half of the laverton v west game on yesterday, was quite impressed. I know its div2 park footy, but its always good to see a close one. Some very poor decisions were made by the men in white i will have to agree. Laverton came to play, and west arent exactly a walk over on their shit heap. Alot of old heads back working together at laverton, and i believe they will have a much better second half. Although next round may not be the easiest. They just need to compete, and stick fat. Which brings me to my next observation. I ventured up to station rd to watch what i thought would be a rip snorter. But wow, i was wrong. Seddon-yarraville wiped the floor with albanvale. They are very impressive. Ive seen them play twice this year and they seem to just keep getting better. Their professionalism and skills are second to none. They look like a very tight knit solid bunch, Very strong defense, gun mids, ripper forwardline, they rotate as much as an afl side, And are extremely well drilled. To keep the cobras to 5 goals on their home deck is a huge acheivement. Im going to stick my neck out here and ask the question. Are they as good as deer park were last year? Imho i believe itd be quite close. Watching the 2's i noticed atleast 6 players that would be walk ups in any side in the comp. So their depth is enormous. My tip is that next time around, them and parkside will be one to watch. Also condolences to albanvale with the loss of one of their under 18's who tragically died on friday. I think the minute silence was a great guesture. Everyone be safe over the break!

'i have the juice'

the goal was kicked by Adem Bektash it was a pearler

Anyone from either team have his goal on tape? Would like to see it again (if possible.) Cheers

Coburg 3 weeks off? How so? Yeah its a bit like that isnt it. Would you mind disclosing that information? Interesting none the less. Watched the second half of the laverton v west game on yesterday, was quite impressed. I know its div2 park footy, but its always good to see a close one. Some very poor decisions were made by the men in white i will have to agree. Laverton came to play, and west arent exactly a walk over on their shit heap. Alot of old heads back working together at laverton, and i believe they will have a much better second half. Although next round may not be the easiest. They just need to compete, and stick fat. Which brings me to my next observation. I ventured up to station rd to watch what i thought would be a rip snorter. But wow, i was wrong. Seddon-yarraville wiped the floor with albanvale. They are very impressive. Ive seen them play twice this year and they seem to just keep getting better. Their professionalism and skills are second to none. They look like a very tight knit solid bunch, Very strong defense, gun mids, ripper forwardline, they rotate as much as an afl side, And are extremely well drilled. To keep the cobras to 5 goals on their home deck is a huge acheivement. Im going to stick my neck out here and ask the question. Are they as good as deer park were last year? Imho i believe itd be quite close. Watching the 2's i noticed atleast 6 players that would be walk ups in any side in the comp. So their depth is enormous. My tip is that next time around, them and parkside will be one to watch. Also condolences to albanvale with the loss of one of their under 18's who tragically died on friday. I think the minute silence was a great guesture. Everyone be safe over the break!

'i have the juice'

Evening mate,

Coburg do not have three weeks off?

They played Nth. Sunshine, this week everyone has a bye for queens birthday and next week they have the bye followed albanvale then glenorden the week after. So i do not know where people get their facts from. There is a website to check all of this.

Yarraville would lose to Deer Park of last season by 15+ goals in my honest opinion. People say it is a two horse race, yet 3 different clubs tell me injuries are killing them. Seems to me as if Yarraville have everyone fit & firing, however remember premierships aren't won yet. And i have seen teams go through the season undefeated by 15+ goals week in week out barring a couple games. Then come to the final either they just do not turn up for the occasion, the other teams rise or the weather bring them down to their opponents level. Just my two cents, with 4-5 rounds to go the top 5 should be locked in. Until then, good luck to all teams fighting to make finals.

Evening mate,
Coburg do not have three weeks off?
They played Nth. Sunshine, this week everyone has a bye for queens birthday and next week they have the bye followed albanvale then glenorden the week after. So i do not know where people get their facts from. There is a website to check all of this.
Yarraville would lose to Deer Park of last season by 15+ goals in my honest opinion. People say it is a two horse race, yet 3 different clubs tell me injuries are killing them. Seems to me as if Yarraville have everyone fit & firing, however remember premierships aren't won yet. And i have seen teams go through the season undefeated by 15+ goals week in week out barring a couple games. Then come to the final either they just do not turn up for the occasion, the other teams rise or the weather bring them down to their opponents level. Just my two cents, with 4-5 rounds to go the top 5 should be locked in. Until then, good luck to all teams fighting to make finals.[/QUOTE]
Yeah morning fox, i guess they do have three off. But a tough run ahead. Everyones is open to an opinion, but seriously 15 goals is massive. Considering they got within 5 last year. And on paper, pound for pound, they (eagles) are a better side i think. Taking that into account, my money would be on seddon-yarraville or if not, very close with maybe a couple goals in it. Thats my honest opinion. I know its still early days, but im sold on them. Seem to have 'all' the boxes ticked at this stage. You are right though, they will have to maintain it, and lift again come the money end of the year. Thanks for your thoughts mate. Top five is set, its just a matter of who finishes where. Seddon, parks, orden, vales, coburg. Thats my thoughts in concrete.

'i have the juice'

Yeah morning fox, i guess they do have three off. But a tough run ahead. Everyones is open to an opinion, but seriously 15 goals is massive. Considering they got within 5 last year. And on paper, pound for pound, they (eagles) are a better side i think. Taking that into account, my money would be on seddon-yarraville or if not, very close with maybe a couple goals in it. Thats my honest opinion. I know its still early days, but im sold on them. Seem to have 'all' the boxes ticked at this stage. You are right though, they will have to maintain it, and lift again come the money end of the year. Thanks for your thoughts mate. Top five is set, its just a matter of who finishes where. Seddon, parks, orden, vales, coburg. Thats my thoughts in concrete.

'i have the juice'

Bang on the money with the top 5 there i would say and in that order also i believe too. as i said early days, but after going through the next 5 games Orden, Wynd, Coburg games are all "mini finals" to decide their places in top 5 - my opinion anyways

Standard blow outs this league getting worse:thumbsdown:Wyndamvale two weeks off,will that hurt ?No Coburg Will have 3 weeks off haha:D I told you all 2 weeks ago it is a 2 horse race .Some big news coming some clubs have already been approached to join EDFL:footy:My mail is 4 clubs are on the way out.
Any idea which clubs have been approached and whether they'll come across?

What on earth is going on here? I want my old bigfooty back.
While im here, any news on the div2 front guys?
Hope they fix this soon. Im hating life. Lol

'i have the juice'

Sending out a get well to Leigh Irons who broke his jaw against North Sunshine would you believe ! hoping to get back for finals for Districts !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back