WRFL Division 2 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just texted someone at the club high up to find out and they said its rubbish and there will be a Bar

I hope so. When i get the chance to go down there, I would like to have a scotch and coke.

I was only relaying what I was hearing.

I think that numbers have picked up at Sanctuary Lakes. They have a good coach on board and I expect that they will get two sides up. Will be a bit of a test for Point Cook now as there is an easy option for kids coming through the ranks to switch to WRFL footy without moving too far.

Will be interesting to see where the 2 new clubs are in 5-8 years time. They are using completely different approaches to starting up and it will be a good compariosn to see which one works.

What makes you say he is a good coach? He has yet to coach seniors. He has coached in 6 junior GFs, favourite in at least half of them and yet to win one?

I can't see them getting 2 sides. They say they have 50 on the book yet are lucky to have more than 20 at training and clearances also show only about 20. My guess is that the WRFL will allow them to play with just Seniors & no Reserves.

Noticed on WRFL web that there is over 20 players from Pt.Cook with clearances in to Sanctuary lakes, 13 from Old Westbourne, 8 from Altona, 5 from the A's juniors and 5 from lavo. These figures must put enormous pressure on these clubs to come up with numbers this year. Not sure if juniors or seniors though. Hopefully not the end for lavo.

Noticed on WRFL web that there is over 20 players from Pt.Cook with clearances in to Sanctuary lakes, 13 from Old Westbourne, 8 from Altona, 5 from the A's juniors and 5 from lavo. These figures must put enormous pressure on these clubs to come up with numbers this year. Not sure if juniors or seniors though. Hopefully not the end for lavo.

Mainly juniors, so kind of defeats the purpose of the "overflow of kids".....

If it was just U/9's & 10's etc dealing with the overflow from Auskick, and organically growing the club, you could understand.

If I was some of those clubs, I wouldnt be too worried, as I am hearing a few lodged clearances might be going back the other way in the seniors.......

Mainly juniors, so kind of defeats the purpose of the "overflow of kids".....

If it was just U/9's & 10's etc dealing with the overflow from Auskick, and organically growing the club, you could understand.

If I was some of those clubs, I wouldnt be too worried, as I am hearing a few lodged clearances might be going back the other way in the seniors.......

True, but the good thing from a junior perspective is that it might mean the end of those lucky clubs having to put up the "full" sign and turning kids away under the current league policy.

True, but the good thing from a junior perspective is that it might mean the end of those lucky clubs having to put up the "full" sign and turning kids away under the current league policy.

Yeah, but how many U/14 -U/18 kids were being turned away?

Not that many

Looking at moving down somewhere around Werribee, after Easter. I'll be looking for a footy club to play for whilst I'm down there. My mate and I come from the Sunraysia Football League (Not saying our names as we'd like to keep it disclosed).

Handy ruckman and skillful wing/back flank player keen to have a kick and a few laughs after the games. Both 18 years of age and will be looking for work once we move down aswell.

Enquire via a private message and leave your number and I'll get back to you.

You guys may have read my above message about relocating to this league etc.

I have been contacted by numerous clubs and I'm after an 'outsiders' point of view that knows a bit about the league etc.

1 - How does div1 compare to the likes of VFL? Is there a big gap?
2 - Is div2 a decent league or more so of the older players looking to have a kick?
3 - Who are the lower teams that are usually seen on the bottom in div2?
4 - Are any teams desperate for players?

Cheers! :)

Hey there rooter, the gap between Div 1 and VFl is massive. Although I would say that the level of competition has improved over the last few years. Some of my friends that play in Div 2 have been surprised by the standard and think that it is underrated as a competitive level of footy. You have addressed this leagues biggest problem though. The bottom 6 rawly change in both Divisions.

Would like to get people's opinions re top 5 and players to watch.
My top 5 would be Vales, hawks, West, heights and siders. Player to watch will be pavez from Manor Lakes. Can play.

Hey there rooter, the gap between Div 1 and VFl is massive. Although I would say that the level of competition has improved over the last few years. Some of my friends that play in Div 2 have been surprised by the standard and think that it is underrated as a competitive level of footy. You have addressed this leagues biggest problem though. The bottom 6 rawly change in both Divisions.

Would like to get people's opinions re top 5 and players to watch.
My top 5 would be Vales, hawks, West, heights and siders. Player to watch will be pavez from Manor Lakes. Can play.

That's what I was wanting to hear! I was a bit worried that I was batting out of my league here! My mate and I are probably looking at playing div2 considering we haven't done any form of exercise since November last year! (Work is a killer) Currently working shift work at a winery so it's a bit hard to get in contact with people over the phone (Night shift this week, sleep all day etc)

We're basically looking to have a kick and a few laughs after the games! Winning isn't everything! :)

I'm willing to chat over PM here, I just want to find out a bit more about the league and what skill level it is so I'm not stuffing anyone around.

Rooter go down to laverton mate.... Will need players badly... You won't even have to train if you don't want to

That's what I was wanting to hear! I was a bit worried that I was batting out of my league here! My mate and I are probably looking at playing div2 considering we haven't done any form of exercise since November last year! (Work is a killer) Currently working shift work at a winery so it's a bit hard to get in contact with people over the phone (Night shift this week, sleep all day etc)

We're basically looking to have a kick and a few laughs after the games! Winning isn't everything! :)

I'm willing to chat over PM here, I just want to find out a bit more about the league and what skill level it is so I'm not stuffing anyone around.

Glenorden FC great people. brilliant vibe. ripper team. The choice is yours champion. Best of luck with it all.

Glenorden FC great people. brilliant vibe. ripper team. The choice is yours champion. Best of luck with it all.

Bloke I played on last year in the 1's was possibly the biggest **** wit I've met on a football field in my lifetime just looking for an opportunity to snipe someone.... Rest of the blokes seemed alright though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who do you play for?
Also you get that with every team..

thats true

but didnt really have any problem with any other opponent all year last year except this bloke, even his team mates were telling him to settle the **** down. nothing bad happened but he was just a dirty player.... put me down off the ball. wanted to kill me if i beat him in a contest. was a decent player just a shocking bloke

thats true

but didnt really have any problem with any other opponent all year last year except this bloke, even his team mates were telling him to settle the **** down. nothing bad happened but he was just a dirty player.... put me down off the ball. wanted to kill me if i beat him in a contest. was a decent player just a shocking bloke

Again I ask, who do you play for?

Bloke I played on last year in the 1's was possibly the biggest **** wit I've met on a football field in my lifetime just looking for an opportunity to snipe someone.... Rest of the blokes seemed alright though

Wasnt it Glenorden player who started the all in last year by king hitting the Wyndamvale player behind play resulting in the game being called of?

Werribee Masters Football Club are on the look out for new players for season 2013, Werribee Master have three sides– over 35’s, 40’s and 47’s.

Werribee Masters played there first year in 2012 of the Premier Division of Masters football, after winning 3 premierships in the last 6 years.

Players need to be turning 35 to play masters footy in 2013 – masters footy is all about fun, with all ages, skill and fitness levels catered for. Games are only played every fortnight, allowing ample time for the body to recover, home games are played at Avalon Oval (Chirnside Park). The club has great camaraderie, spirit and a very enjoyable social atmosphere

The club also requires the new players, trainers, umpires and water boys for season 2013, these positions involve remuneration

If you are interested in one of the above positions or playing at Werribee please PM me for more information, or check out our web site at www.werribeemasters.com.

Or just come down to training at Galvin Park, Shaws Road, Werribee, Tuesday or Thursday starting 6.30 pm.

Sanctuary Lakes had 43 senior aged players train last Wednesday with seven apologies. Has registered enough juniors for seven teams from under 9s to 16s. Has no dispensations from the league for fees apart from an extension on the due date. First game ever is a home game and will be holding a sponsor's function at the ground, has an under 9s game at half time of the seniors, has a jumping castle for the kids and has booked MIKE BRADY to perform between the reserves and senior games. Brady will sing Up There Cazaly, the Sharks theme song (Cheer, Cheer the Blue and the White), and the Australian National Anthem. All pretty good for a club which is only three and a half months old. Hurting a few other clubs with its professionalism already. One nearby club has even blocked Sanctuary Lakes from things like Twitter and Facebook. A couple of clubs got rid of coaches for juniors and the kids from those clubs haven followed their coaches to Sanctuary Lakes. It shows those kids had no loyalty to the clubs they used to play for. A lot of parents said they didn't even know who ran the seniors at their old clubs. Not so at Sanctuary Lakes where committee members are getting along to training nights for all grades. The club even has a former West Coast Eagles fitness coach on board who is helping the seniors and will be doing activities with the kids. Far more advanced than many would like the club to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back