WRFL Division 2 - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that YSE are advertising most of their coaching positions. I can see the Women's coach is new for 2019 and junior coaches need a refresher as their kids move on or away (although I'm a firm believer in NOT coaching a team that includes relatives, too easy for the disgruntles to start :)) but are the other positions real vacancies or just shaking the tree to see if something better turns up?

It's quiet.....too quiet? Isn't that what the old sergeant says before getting an Apache arrow in the chest? I see that Albion have released a statement on their future and the vet, rifle and screen have been called for the rumour on their supposed movement to div 2, that rumour has a broken leg and ain't going to run no more.

That seems to settle div 1, now we have to see how the dust settles in div 2.

It's quiet.....too quiet? Isn't that what the old sergeant says before getting an Apache arrow in the chest? I see that Albion have released a statement on their future and the vet, rifle and screen have been called for the rumour on their supposed movement to div 2, that rumour has a broken leg and ain't going to run no more.

That seems to settle div 1, now we have to see how the dust settles in div 2.
I saw that from the Cats. It's going to be a long and perhaps penultimate season for them. They are bleeding players, and next year in Div 1 looks like it will be fairly even with very few winnable games. Sometimes you have to swallow your pride and accept where you are at as a club, and I believe this could be the death of Albion. No great loss by the way.

It was a great game.
Lets get over our hangovers first and let the fog settle!
TT what's news out of Point Cook? How is the recruiting going? Are you guys certainties for Div 1 next season? If so, I'd suggest it's a big recruiting drive required, as there would not be more than a couple of Div 1 ready and able players in the premiership team. No disrespect intended, it's just fact.

TT what's news out of Point Cook? How is the recruiting going? Are you guys certainties for Div 1 next season? If so, I'd suggest it's a big recruiting drive required, as there would not be more than a couple of Div 1 ready and able players in the premiership team. No disrespect intended, it's just fact.

Were going up.

And like every side. We are very busy at this time of year!

Were going up.

And like every side. We are very busy at this time of year!

Hey TT good luck to PC think they can be a powerhouse in 5-10 years. Interested in how the club saw their 1st year in the comp. Probably won a flag before you expected but what was the good, bad and the ugly of WRFL and paying players in general? Alcohol sales and crowd behaviour? Was the club surprised, disappointed? Any regrets on the move?

Hey TT good luck to PC think they can be a powerhouse in 5-10 years. Interested in how the club saw their 1st year in the comp. Probably won a flag before you expected but what was the good, bad and the ugly of WRFL and paying players in general? Alcohol sales and crowd behaviour? Was the club surprised, disappointed? Any regrets on the move?

No regrets on the move, easy to say that with some silverware.

I was surprised with the standard being better and the crowds were generally fantastic.

I have been a spectator of footy in the west for a while and leading into this year, most games i went to were a disgrace.

Think we might have got one early, but we didnt come into the league to be a second division club. I dont mean that disrespectfully to anyone, but we have a huge club in terms of numbers and there isnt a second divison club that rivals us in that regard.

Its a huge ask to go up, but as i said, we want to ve a div 1 club, and we will go and give it our best shot and see where the cards fall.

We know we need to recruit, we also reckon the majority of our side still have a lot of development in them, and we saw GF day, that they can perform under pressure.

They will have a team.
New entity- Will be something similiar to altona.
Altona juniors football club
Altona Football Club

I hear a rumour there is more to this... the club has possibly had enough of on field indiscretions, misalignment of player/club values and looking to part company with the seniors. Juniors to form their own club to distance themselves from the seniors.

Any truth to this... or just another silly season rumour

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There not, staying put

If Melton South are staying with Ballarat league that means that the one armed juggling of divs, teams, matches and byes can stop and take a breather. Pretty straightforward then - div 1 PC up, Wyndhamvale down and div 2 PCC in and Albanvale down. Still it's been known for me to be wrong on rare occasions (just ask my wife) so we'll see how this goes.

If Melton South are staying with Ballarat league that means that the one armed juggling of divs, teams, matches and byes can stop and take a breather. Pretty straightforward then - div 1 PC up, Wyndhamvale down and div 2 PCC in and Albanvale down. Still it's been known for me to be wrong on rare occasions (just ask my wife) so we'll see how this goes.

And with this settled, get an early fixture for once.

What does this mean for np seniors

Attachments

• 247F0283-6463-45E0-B1B0-A824E2BF66BF.jpeg
    247F0283-6463-45E0-B1B0-A824E2BF66BF.jpeg
    769.1 KB · Views: 216

Well, I'm a legend in my own lunchtime!! Got the divisional structure right - http://www.wrfl.com.au/wrfl-confirms-2019-senior-structures/
Have to to go and tell the wife I got something right !!!

Now that the calls to preseason training are going out, how many of the senior, development/reserve and assistant coaches across the WRFL divs are waiting to be filled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back