WRFL Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Rob Eade, i know that you have missed me so i thought that i better post you a comment. Thankfully you are talking some sense now, it took you awhile but you finally got there. Are the boys down at the dragon den confident of making a grand final, if they do make it and dont take away the big one will they keep all their players, i see there is a few new faces from the side of 06'. Roosters are going to be very hard to beat. Might have to support the boys at glengala if they are in the big one against the roosters. you playing 1st

I'm actually having a kick in the seconds this year. Just not good enough to be playing 1's this year, although I did get a run.

Going by this season to date, you would have to say the dragons would be expecting a Grand Final appearance as a minimum. I'm sure you will agree with me in saying once you make the GF anything could happen on the day. And Heights on their day are more than capable of beating West.

Plenty of new faces down at Glengala Road but i couldn't personally say whether we will keep them all. Most players that come to heights find it very hard to leave such is the culture down at the club. So it will be interesting to see the line up we have RD 1 2008.

Centre wicket area has been a mud hole for the past 3 weeks, they rolled it during the week to flatten it and get it right but it back fired.
Game was called off as it should have been and if the two's had league umpires they would not have played either. Don't know why the 18's played though i think they had league umps.
Ankles and knees were at great risk if the game was to go ahead.
Deer Park had a light training run that afternoon but did not run through the guts at all.

Havn't really seemd to improve much this year. Turned over a fair few players so anything you picked up was just really making up for what you lost. Overall Coburg lacks pace. Apart from 11 there wasn't anybody who evenlooked like carrying the footy.

The positive is the discipline is much better than it has been. Still not great but definately better than it was. Should get rid of Shepherd. Your club will never move forward with a bloke like him playing there. Would need to pick up 4 or 5 YOUNG QUICK players to have any chance of making a challenge next year.

Yeah I agree GB. 11 is a very good footballer and CD should forget about Shepherd.

I heard that he was sent off and that on another occasion he also dropped his shorts.

Who is the Robinson that kicked 6 goals? Is he the guy you signed from the amateurs early in the year?

Yeah I agree GB. 11 is a very good footballer and CD should forget about Shepherd.

I heard that he was sent off and that on another occasion he also dropped his shorts.

Who is the Robinson that kicked 6 goals? Is he the guy you signed from the amateurs early in the year?

Don't know about dropping his dacks... but did get sent off and carried on like a fool.

Robinson?? I can't be expected to do your homework for you.... He is our SECRET WEAPON!!! Tell your spies to earn their keep:thumbsu:

Don't know about dropping his dacks... but did get sent off and carried on like a fool.

Robinson?? I can't be expected to do your homework for you.... He is our SECRET WEAPON!!! Tell your spies to earn their keep:thumbsu:

Fair enough. I guess we will find out sooner or later about our mate Robbo.

Interesting couple of weeks ahead. North Footscray have West, then Albanvale. If we can't knock off West then the final round is likely to be for 3rd spot and the double chance. Who would Heights rather play? Albanvale or North Footscray?

West are tough to beat at on their 'oval', but I think we are improving. McGee is the key but they have a number of other good players. It's a cliche but if we can beat them at the stoppages, then we have the class to get over them. West are unbeaten and hot favourites, but don't write us off.:thumbsu:

Who would Heights rather play? Albanvale or North Footscray?

Honest truth is .... couldnt care less. Just making sure WE are right at the pointy end of the season. Will worry about the opposition in the week leading in to the game.

If i had to pick one I would say the Devils just because they beat us during the season and we would love to get another crack at them.

West are tough to beat at on their 'oval', but I think we are improving. McGee is the key but they have a number of other good players. It's a cliche but if we can beat them at the stoppages, then we have the class to get over them. West are unbeaten and hot favourites, but don't write us off.:thumbsu:

Don't worry about there other so called good players... Stop Mcghie, Lane and Kadour... easier said than done but Kadour is the main supplier and Lane and Mcghie have kicked 70% of their score.

Going by this season to date, you would have to say the dragons would be expecting a Grand Final appearance as a minimum. I'm sure you will agree with me in saying once you make the GF anything could happen on the day. And Heights on their day are more than capable of beating West.

Well well well....I guess your loss to North Footscray doesn't count as you are already penciling yourself in for a Grand Final against West...

Very interesting....

Well well well....I guess your loss to North Footscray doesn't count as you are already penciling yourself in for a Grand Final against West...Very interesting....

Bit bored and trying to stir something up?

I would have thought that if your team is sitting 2nd on the ladder it would be more than reasonable to set a target of reaching a Grand Final.

Bit bored and trying to stir something up?

I would have thought that if your team is sitting 2nd on the ladder it would be more than reasonable to set a target of reaching a Grand Final.

Yep to bored and semi-yep to stirring something up. Not everyone concurs with you heights boys' posts!
Extremely reasonable to set a target to reach a Grand Final. Thats different to talking about playing in a Grand Final against another team already and discounting all others before finals have even started.

I think your earlier post was more diplomatic.

Maybe Rocket should have said

"The Dragons are HOPING to play off in the Grand Final... They beleive that they have a reasonable chance of making it along with We$t Foot$cray, North Footscray, Albanvale, Deer Park and North Sunshine!!

Maybe Rocket should have said

"The Dragons are HOPING to play off in the Grand Final... They beleive that they have a reasonable chance of making it along with We$t Foot$cray, North Footscray, Albanvale, Deer Park and North Sunshine!!

I can't speak for the players and their expectations for the season. As a supporter of SHFC I would expect a GF appearance.
Must like Geelong supporters in the AFL would expect a GF appearance this season.

i surgest that the dragons will flounder like last year,out in straight sets===================do have talent in the side but may crack under pressure in the big games=============seems to happan in the past=============just my opinion;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Havent heard from u DEKKAROO in a while,give us your intake on the weeks coming a head:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hello 3 votes...

The devils have two tough weeks ahead, not counting final games thereafter.
We have West this week whos record this year speaks for its self and Albanvale, who will be desperate for that 3rd spot.

Both these teams have given up heaps of grief in the past, but we are starting to find some form at the right end of the year and the next two week will let us know how we will fair come finals time.

Our side it close to full strength with not too many injuries to speak about.

Inclusions of Derich and Williams this week will help the side and with inform players such as Devlin, Phillips, Eldridge and 'Scratcher' Allen should allow us to take it right up to the rooster.

It should be a great contest and I am sure both teams are looking forward to the challenge.

My tip.... the team wearing Red and White will win!

Hello 3 votes...

The devils have two tough weeks ahead, not counting final games thereafter.
We have West this week whos record this year speaks for its self and Albanvale, who will be desperate for that 3rd spot.

Both these teams have given up heaps of grief in the past, but we are starting to find some form at the right end of the year and the next two week will let us know how we will fair come finals time.

Our side it close to full strength with not too many injuries to speak about.

Inclusions of Derich and Williams this week will help the side and with inform players such as Devlin, Phillips, Eldridge and 'Scratcher' Allen should allow us to take it right up to the rooster.

It should be a great contest and I am sure both teams are looking forward to the challenge.

My tip.... the team wearing Red and White will win!
your not wrong with the red and white======lol

i surgest that the dragons will flounder like last year,out in straight sets===================do have talent in the side but may crack under pressure in the big games=============seems to happan in the past=============just my opinion;)

I surgest that is crap... any facts to back up that statement.

Last year we lost in week one.... anything apart from that?

Can someone help me with this..
I heard hoppers were going to the geelong league next year. is thr any truth to that.
If so, i guess that means no one comes down again? Bye next year for div2 or will the league cull a few. Gladdy?Magpies? Couldnt see the power getting the heav ho...
Your thoughts boys?

:)gb50===========IF heights happans to go all the way,how will they fair with the big boys up their in A grade===========will they go up or stay in B grade.:confused:

The argument of "Can a Div 2 team go up and be competitive" has been done to death on this thread and the div 1 thread so I won't even go there.

IF heights win the flag they will go up .... Won't even be a discussion!!!

I would think that of the 4 teams that have any real chance of winning it tis year that the 2 teams that would have the best chance of doing anything in Div 1 would be Heights and Nth Footscray. We$t may be the best team but as soon as they go up you can take Lane, Inella, Mayne and MJ out of the equation because they can't/won't play Div 1... so straight away they need 4 players to stay at the same level (probably missed a few more oldies that would retire too).

I know if Heights went up they would more than likely lose 1 player to retirement

I heard hoppers were going to the geelong league next year. is thr any truth to that.
If so, i guess that means no one comes down again? Bye next year for div2 or will the league cull a few. Gladdy?Magpies? Couldnt see the power getting the heav ho...
Your thoughts boys?

Wouldn't really know but you could only hope that Gladstone Park get the flick. Would be the best thing for the comp. They add no value at all.

The argument of "Can a Div 2 team go up and be competitive" has been done to death on this thread and the div 1 thread so I won't even go there.

IF heights win the flag they will go up .... Won't even be a discussion!!!

I would think that of the 4 teams that have any real chance of winning it tis year that the 2 teams that would have the best chance of doing anything in Div 1 would be Heights and Nth Footscray. We$t may be the best team but as soon as they go up you can take Lane, Inella, Mayne and MJ out of the equation because they can't/won't play Div 1... so straight away they need 4 players to stay at the same level (probably missed a few more oldies that would retire too).

I know if Heights went up they would more than likely lose 1 player to retirement
the only factor with we$T is the money factor, will the cash do the talking to attract top key position players=======they have been saying that they have been working on a 5 yr plan=======but to do this the finances still need to be there=======i believe they are probley be the best competive side to go up but will struggle to win many games======in changing the subject ,would be good to see parkside down in div 2 ======:thumbsu:

Your thoughts boys?

that rumour has been kicking around for a little while now about Hoppers. From what i hear the club is all for the idea, but the parents of the players are a bit against the travel aspect of GFL. Who knows.

I recon Gladdy will most probably go. But given how they have struggled this year they may not even have the coin to make a submission for next year.

that rumour has been kicking around for a little while now about Hoppers. From what i hear the club is all for the idea, but the parents of the players are a bit against the travel aspect of GFL. Who knows.

I recon Gladdy will most probably go. But given how they have struggled this year they may not even have the coin to make a submission for next year.

And good riddance to them. Teams such as Gladdy Park and Magpies offer nothing postive to the league.

Just a point of interest, would the league be doing anything to try to keep Hoppers. Surely losing a big club like that wouldn't help with the creditability of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back