WRFL Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we have heard it all before about your loyalty and mateship.

The only reason Sunshine Heights don't pay their players and never have is because the club doesn't have any money and can't and is mis managed in relation to money. Yes the players are loyal but only because they have to be and the club can't attract sponsers.. Either that or someone has a pokie addiction and spends all of your money.

Playing pokies...is that what you do in ur spare time idiot? maybe you should stop spending YOUR money on the pokies & use it to buy a clue..... because you are CLUELESS

The club is doing very well with sponsors dill. It was decided a while ago that we wouldn't go down the path of paying players as football is a lot more enjoyable without all that rubbish and also to show that sides can be sucessfull in A2 without it.

Pokie addiction in ridiculous, if you had of said greyhound addiction it might have been believable. As GB50 says pull your head in.

gold.........lol

Exactly as you said the best 18-24 players, if you havent realised that means that at least three of those players are going to be in the 2's. If you havent realised there are 21 that get picked each week for the 1s. So the difference to another big marking forward/backman compared with an extra midfielder for routations through the bench. you answered your own question didnt you react

No i didn't. Let me make it clearer for you.

Altona, Yarraville or Chirnside - I am saying, I bet you will field the same side for all of them and you could pick that now, if anything, very minimal changes and it wont be based on ground, it will be based on opposition match ups or injuries.

I was also saying that the rubbish about you need 3 weeks notice about venues to plan the above is a bit much in my view. Next you'll be talking your offensive structure, your internal processes and your key performance indicators and how to combat travel time between grounds...hahahaha reality check mate - its Division 2 WRFL local footy..dont get too clouded by it all mate.

Basic premise being, if you are any good in this comp. you'll get a game regardless of ground.

ALL BIG FOOTY MEMBERS (ESPECIALLY HEIGHTS PEOPLE)

If we all ignore Bluballs Posts (just pretend thaey are not there and don't respond to them) he might go away!!

So just ignore the above post and anything else he has to dish up and cross your fingers :thumbsu:

Just a reminder Dragons... Keep up the good work :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Big game this week between North and West footscray.
Does anything think North can pull off an upset?
After a weeks rest you would expect west to start off
slow and for North to get the early advantage. I think
North's greatest strength is their defence, and their ability
to prevent the opposition from kicking a high score. (North
have the least amount of points kicked against them with
770 for the season). This is paramount to their game as they
are ranked 4th out of the top 5 for points scored 1641 for the
season.

In saying this i think West should win this weekend.
I would much prefer their first loss to come in the finals.:cool:

The club is doing very well with sponsors dill. It was decided a while ago that we wouldn't go down the path of paying players as football is a lot more enjoyable without all that rubbish and also to show that sides can be sucessfull in A2 without it.

Pokie addiction in ridiculous, if you had of said greyhound addiction it might have been believable. As GB50 says pull your head in.
:confused:what about if u make it to A1 TD, do u PAY players then. how would u attract players to the club to play A1, especially key position players ,you would need alot more depth in your side if u were to win the gf and to go up next year.======i couldnt see anyone coming to a club just for loyalty or a free beer after a game======it just doesnt work, IF u want to be successful atleast.

if we were to win the gf we would have to recruit some players to be competetive but we would be in as good as a position at least to altona a couple of years ago where we have a very young list that will continue to grow.

u also have to remember even with paying players the likes of altona and glenorden have still found it difficult to attract players when stepping up 2 first division

:confused:what about if u make it to A1 TD, do u PAY players then. how would u attract players to the club to play A1, especially key position players ,you would need alot more depth in your side if u were to win the gf and to go up next year.======i couldnt see anyone coming to a club just for loyalty or a free beer after a game======it just doesnt work, IF u want to be successful atleast.

what are you talking about....... wheres this free beer cos i want some lol.

hahahaha thanks mate that a new1, havnt herd it yet? maybe at training ya should get it started,

Maybe the truth is hurting, Ash you havent been on here defending yourself about being nicknamed the Turtle.
Or maybe your worried about getting dropped as your still struggling for a kick.
Off to training, never now Ash you just might hear the name Turtle been called at training tonight.:D

Do you measure a successful season as losing the GF to a far superior side in West who pay good money to attract quality players. I wouldn't call that success. More like stupidity

Be careful with word "quality". I dont think these well paid players would be seen as "quality" in Division One.

But didn't Bones (aka Mr Huff and Puff) get on the radio say they are spending only$40K

Or maybe West Footscray could spend this good money to attract good second division players on the following

a. better opposition rooms
b. a fence around the ground
c. new lights that light the entire ground instead of using miners hats
d. better facilities in general.

This might attract a better standard of player to West Footscray rather than throwing good coin around to win a second division flag!!!!!!!!! Good facilities would make it easier to entice "quality" players who might not then not ask for as much coin if the facilities were better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tips for this weeks round:

Albanvale will beat a gallant Deer park desperate to prove they will be more than just a make up the numbers team in the finals. Cobras by 15 points

Brunswick after threatening hard for the past month and a bit will get over the magpies still on high from last weeks victory by 60 points

Coburg will avenge last weeks thrashing by beating the wooden spooners gladdy by 100+

North Sunshine to just keep their finals hopes alive for another week by defeating the falcons by 5 goals

The dragons to beat the brookers by an emphatic 15 goals with jumping jimmy back to his best form of the past 2 years

and in the match of the round i think wests will beat the devils of north and win the red and white cup by 30 points. although the next fortnight will test the devils and quite possibly see them lose their double chance IF they lose this week and next against the cobras

Whats this i hear about my mate Ash "turtle neck" Lewis? It's doing the rounds that he was squibbing a few contests and was more worried about the foot steps coming than the actual contest.
Tell me it aint true Ash.

Be careful with word "quality". I dont think these well paid players would be seen as "quality" in Division One.

But didn't Bones (aka Mr Huff and Puff) get on the radio say they are spending only$40K

Or maybe West Footscray could spend this good money to attract good second division players on the following

This might attract a better standard of player to West Footscray rather than throwing good coin around to win a second division flag!!!!!!!!! Good facilities would make it easier to entice "quality" players who might not then not ask for as much coin if the facilities were better.

Abviously attracting good enough players to be undefeated and on the way to a Div 2 flag in 2007. No doubt they will find the 120K to be competetive next year.

Whats this i hear about my mate Ash "turtle neck" Lewis? It's doing the rounds that he was squibbing a few contests and was more worried about the foot steps coming than the actual contest.
Tell me it aint true Ash.

Was at that game and can tell you it's definately not true,more like some-one else worried how well he is going to go come final's time with North,or maybe one of his mate's having a bit of fun.

Abviously attracting good enough players to be undefeated and on the way to a Div 2 flag in 2007. No doubt they will find the 120K to be competetive next year.

Your dreaming blueballs, if they win the flag, grab hold of something solid, as the stampede out of the doors will rival that of the great buffalo herds of the US.

Nearly forgot my password its been that long.

All good points Redman, however improving the facilities is a council thing. West can make applications, but need council approval to do anything.

All good points Redman, however improving the facilities is a council thing. West can make applications, but need council approval to do anything.

Hate to bring up the same things again but I am sure that you don't need council permission to instal a toilet door:thumbsu:

Couldn't agree more Obe1 :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

D Inella leading the charge!!

Do you have an issue with Dave GBF? He has been quite open saying this will be his last year regardless of whether we win the flag or not. There will be 2 other retirements, and both these blokes are hacks anyway! West are under no illusion as to how difficult it would be in 1st division - remember they have been there before:rolleyes:. However we have 2 more H&A games plus finals to worry about before we start thinking of 1st Division.

Improving the facilities is definitely a council thing. Maybe the Council might be more helpful if West Footscray could throw a few bob in along with Council money to assist with facility improvements at Shorten instead of handing out envelopes out on a Saturday night.!!!!

The council would be fully aware West pay players so why would they spend money on facilities at Shorten when West Footscray FC are not prepared to chip in themselves to improve facilities, instead of buying players.

Maybe with your next application, throw a few grand in and things might happen. You will find that most clubs work in with their council rather than just expect the council to do it. I even heard of one club getting new clubrooms , the council provided the materials and the club provided the labour.

Maybe West might want to be proactive rather than blaming council for the state of their facilities. Better facilities will attract better players and l would suggest a lot cheaper as well. Then the football community might take your Division 1 aspirations seriously.

Your dreaming blueballs, if they win the flag, grab hold of something solid, as the stampede out of the doors will rival that of the great buffalo herds of the US.

I heard Mr Huff and Puff is going to lock the doors from the inside to stop everyone leaving:):):).

Problem is that they brake the doors down with their walking sticks.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back