WRFL Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK typewriter I believe ya! :rolleyes: :thumbsdown:

Blueboy you can believe what you want about sunshine heights players getting paid.Unlike wests were they pay big dollars for all these players so they can win a premiership.Just tell me if west were to win it this year where will the likes of evans and innella be in 3 years time.Will they be at wests play div 1 footy or will they go back to a div 2 club and big dollars again??All you have to do is look at Glenorden over the years what they spent and where there players are this year

Read my post tinny, i did not assume you played for a team, I just asked which team you follow. I am assuming it is someone in WRFL Div 2 as i have not seen your name on any other thread in big footy.

I must agree Travvy. I dont often post but I can tell you this, Ive sat back and read some of the rubbish that is sent from a few in particular. I'm interested to see who Crackatinny follows also.

On big Fais...he made a decent pizza in that shop he used to have...and is a good bloke. I think some of the blokes on this thread should realsie what I have said before though. You are talking about has-beens. Div 2 will never get any betetr if you keep talking up Fais etc...as I said, great bloke but even if you ask him he will tell you he's nothing special.

y is it so hard to believe that we dont pay anybody, the only payments made is $25 beston ground $15 second best $10 third best. if you dont believe have a look at our list we hardly recruit any1 (other this year) the only players we get r who we blood through juniors e.g. westo/greto/mallia/caruanas/nicolaides'/camalleri/ etc. or r mates of ppl at the club.

i was speaking to a couple of under 18s through the week who have left the club this year to play 18s and they hate it there and cant wait to get back playing for heights.

this just speaks volumes about the quality of people at Sunshine Heights.

maybe wests should take a leaf out of heights book and promote juniors rather than going to buy players left right and centre

Was it a couple of weeks TD that I stated that Faisel was an ordinary player and you bit back and stated that he has not and never would play 2's footy and was a gun. Obviously lost paitence with his lack of goal kicking and pace.......... You will save a little cash too cause I'm sure you wouldn't pay him for playing 2's.
blue boy sunny heights players dont get paid mate, doesnt matter what hear, they pride themselves on that.

Valid point on faisil, but i think its the way you go about it mate, that people dont like.

I don't know which game to go and see this week.
Tossing up between the following Braybrook V's Albanvale, West Footscray V's Deer Park, and Coburg Districts V's Sunshine Heights (this one is a little too far for my liking).

Does anyone have any opinions on this and could you please share them with me.

I might go watch Albanvale Vs Braybrook. Think this may be a cracker. Of an interesting note, Pearce and Grainger from Sunshine at opposite ends of the ground. Played with these guys a while ago and will be interesting to see how they are going.

I agree typewriter if u dont blood the kids when they are young they go 2 other clubs and then u loose ur junior part of ur club and thats where ur senior teams are in the future with the juniors.And wouldnt you want to pay a junior player thats played juniors at ur club instead of getting all these money chasers.

I agree typewriter if u dont blood the kids when they are young they go 2 other clubs and then u loose ur junior part of ur club and thats where ur senior teams are in the future with the juniors.And wouldnt you want to pay a junior player thats played juniors at ur club instead of getting all these money chasers.
all west have done is blood new players since bones has taken over, have you not seen the sides in the past 5 years.
people might not like bones but he has aleast given the kids every chance to prove themselves, you might even see 3 or so more this year from the 18s

all west have done is blood new players since bones has taken over, have you not seen the sides in the past 5 years.
people might not like bones but he has aleast given the kids every chance to prove themselves, you might even see 3 or so more this year from the 18s

I didnt say he hasnt blooded any kids i was just saying wouldnt u rather blood these kids and pay them 2 be successful and not pay all these money chasers and leave u after 3 years

Well, if west do win div. 2, i'm sure the likes of evans and innella will have a crack if west go up BUT i guest if their bodies aren't up to it...... they can always go to a club like heights and PLAY FOR THE LOVE OF IT!!!!!!!!!!

Well, if west do win div. 2, i'm sure the likes of evans and innella will have a crack if west go up BUT i guest if their bodies aren't up to it...... they can always go to a club like heights and PLAY FOR THE LOVE OF IT!!!!!!!!!!

mate seriously if ur side is going to go anywhere u have to pay quality players to come to ur side...i think west are doin the right thing, if the do come up, they have a little bit of a base to build around. if sunny heights win it and come up, they will get punished every week if they only have blokes to play for the love it of the club. u need to recruit quality players

mate seriously if ur side is going to go anywhere u have to pay quality players to come to ur side...i think west are doin the right thing, if the do come up, they have a little bit of a base to build around. if sunny heights win it and come up, they will get punished every week if they only have blokes to play for the love it of the club. u need to recruit quality players

Well said colbol35

Deer Park not even close to being finals contenders after today's effort. Lacked leadership and direction. West were outstanding on all areas of the ground. West 99 point winners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

west (and any other div2 club for that matter) can recruit whoever they want but none of them have the cattle or finances to come up and be competitive in div1. Winning the div 2 flag gives them the opportunity to come up and play div 1 and take there club to the brink the following year getting their bums beaten week in, week out.

When l watched the div 2 GF last year, all l said to myself was "hope you Glen orden boys get a kick today cos you are not going to get one next year" and how right have l been proven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope west do win it. Bobbie Evans WILL be back at St.Albans next year and Bones can be on the end of another ill-fated div 1 stint at West Footscray!!!!!!!1111

go the roosters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

west (and any other div2 club for that matter) can recruit whoever they want but none of them have the cattle or finances to come up and be competitive in div1. Winning the div 2 flag gives them the opportunity to come up and play div 1 and take there club to the brink the following year getting their bums beaten week in, week out.

What cattle do you speak of (goats) as you would be well versed on.

And I think Albion, Sunshine and Hoppers might disagree that sides coming from A2 division can't be competetive given time and recruiting.

Are you saying a player that doesn't get paid and plays because he loves a club can't be as good a footballer as one playing for money.

north got over the falcons by 40 odd points but should have been a lot more with us kick something like 8 17. we missed some easy shots infront of goal so positive times down at the devils!! big game with west next week will be a real measuring stick for the boys as we havent played any real teams yet!! hahahaha

Are you saying a player that doesn't get paid and plays because he loves a club can't be as good a footballer as one playing for money.

im saying a team full of ppl who just play for the love of the club cant be competitive, every quality team in division one have recruited and paid quaility players thats why they are up there come finals time, they all do also have players who play for the love of the club as well. but ur kidding urself if u believe that u can be succsessful in divy1 without goin out and buying some talent, it might be nice to say that "we all play cause we love the club" but u will never be A grade premiers that way will u? and isnt that what we all aim for?

I went to watch Deer Park vs West Footscray yesterday. I Left half way through the third quarter with west well in front. I believe they should have been further in front than they were.

Deer Park look to be a very slow and old team with a lot of players that don't look up to it. West on the other hand were young except for a tattoeed forward who looked like he was on day release from jail (lol) and they were quick and fit. Along with Sunshine Heights, they look to be the best teams I have seen so far this year but to be honest I don't think I got much of a real guage as Deer Park were terrible. They wont make finals on that performance.

north got over the falcons by 40 odd points but should have been a lot more with us kick something like 8 17. we missed some easy shots infront of goal so positive times down at the devils!! big game with west next week will be a real measuring stick for the boys as we havent played any real teams yet!! hahahaha

44 points in the end. Still a bit scratchy and we will need to improve to challenge West Footscray this Saturday. Disposal and goakicking was dodgey. That said, we had triple the amount of scoring shots and should have won by more.

Apparently Wyndhdamvale are decimated by injury at the moment. Coach Cook (arm in a sling) and Saggers didn't play and I reckon they had a stronger team last year. They played a bit negative at times with a loose man in defence.

Devils still have about 3 or 4 to come back in, but I guess you never have your full side. Reserves won by 100 points so there is a bit of pressure for spots.

Our 18's are playing in A grade and have lost by under a kick to Hoppers Crossing and St Albans in the past two games. We have currently two under 18's in the seniors and you may see more in the second half of the year (especially if our 18's are not looking likely to make the finals). I reckon there is another 4 who could play ones, but you can't have 6 kids in the seniors, so we will see what happens. The kids also like to play with their mates and it is important for the club that our juniors do well.

im saying a team full of ppl who just play for the love of the club cant be competitive, every quality team in division one have recruited and paid quaility players thats why they are up there come finals time, they all do also have players who play for the love of the club as well. but ur kidding urself if u believe that u can be succsessful in divy1 without goin out and buying some talent, it might be nice to say that "we all play cause we love the club" but u will never be A grade premiers that way will u? and isnt that what we all aim for?

Snooooze....we had this debate a week ago colbol35.

Spotswood are a fantastic club and yes we would all like to emulate your sustainability in A grade. Of course you have to recruit topliners such as a Molan, but it really is the chicken and the egg argument. You need to work hard as a club to raise funds through different avenues, to be able to afford top players to achieve success. Everybody knows that.

Unfortunately, without contradicting myself, Glenorden are an exception to this rule. They have plenty of $$$, but struggled to attract players for season 07'.

We do work hard to attract sponsors and on our fundraising. Hopefully we will be in your position one day where we have a company such as Converse tipping in $80K. That is not meant to be a sarcastic remark. I know how hard Spotswood work and they deserve everything they get.

What cattle do you speak of (goats) as you would be well versed on.

And I think Albion, Sunshine and Hoppers might disagree that sides coming from A2 division can't be competetive given time and recruiting.

Cmon lets get real, West Footscray will never be a force in Division 1. Facilities are ordinary(at best) to attract quality players. It is an older area. Junior program is limited at best.

Bones will walk away if they win the flag this year. I dont deny any club aspiring to Div 1, but they need to be realistic. The gap between Div 1 and 2 is only getting wider making it almost impossible to come up and be competitive against the stronger and more professional clubs. Just ask Glen Orden and North Sunshine. remeber you have to finish 9th or you drop straight back down again and you have to start again in Divvy 2 with a depleted list cos players have walked away cos they can not complete in Div 1

I love your passion for the club but l am just being a realist.

guys guys guys we dont play 4 money and if we did go up and play division 1 next year we would get our pants pulled down and spanked however, i dont know how that is any different to glenorden this year/north sunshine in the past couple. we would at least be back in division 2 in 2 years time saving 150,000 or whatever it has cost glenorden last year and this year.

i to saw the first half of wests and deer park. and agree with all the posts so far, deer park was very disapointing and wests impressive. as has been said quite often wests forward line and midfield very dangerous with evans still to come in. defense a little suspect especially with young mccabe i think it is finding himself at full back at times.

i think bangers gripes about deer park being the pensioners could be closer to the mark then we all thought. i think a lack of running (due to training at the indoor centre) showed big time. overweight and slow

was impressed with ziggy he dominated and is in the top2 or 3 if not the best in the comp, tall mobile and can play midfield or forward.

where do u c evans fitting in midfield? forward?

guys guys guys we dont play 4 money and if we did go up and play division 1 next year we would get our pants pulled down and spanked however, i dont know how that is any different to glenorden this year/north sunshine in the past couple. we would at least be back in division 2 in 2 years time saving 150,000 or whatever it has cost glenorden last year and this year.

so ur club is happy to stay in division2 forever? when will the time come when u want ur club to become a force?

whos gonna be the club to bridge that gap between divy 1 and 2? i hope it happens because at the moment there is only really 5 or 6 teams in the whole wrfl that are of a decent quality, and compared to other comps we are a joke i believe.

sick of clubs saying we just play for the love, why dont u go out work hard raise some dollars and pay quality players to come play for u. 1 or 2 stars can make a huge difference to any divy 2 side, then u can build around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back