WRFL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point Cook have had this issue from day one this year it seems a legitimate error.
Strange that people only started to look into it after they started playing really well.
17 rounds in they should be allowed to play on it’s a league problem to pass the buck back to clubs is not good enough

Surely the club should have someone knowledgeable enough to workout the points, and if they weren't sure, get clarification from the league. Clubs need to take responsibility as well and not blame the league for their mistakes by not checking.
Not sure about only looking at them when they started playing well, they were in the top 3 all year!

Last edited:

So the League know that Point Cook Centrals have exceeded the points on 6 occasions in 2018... no action will be taken, what a joke!

(Kind of - not really TBH) Understand that they don’t want to remove PCC from finals but to allow PCC to continue to exceed points in finals is incomprehensible. How is Tarneit going to feel if they lose to PCC by a point in a final when PCC knowingly played a side that exceeded player points...?

tipping you wouldn’t have the guts to say it to his face,
Too scared for his reaction.
I’m not living in the 80’s like you Neanderthal.

The point made that if he is playing senior football then that is not a move forward for the club. He would not get a senior game at any club in Victoria. Is that making a statement about the club improving or not, yes. Bagging him... yes in the way to the point I was making.

What a stupid comment, there is plenty worse teams than Lavo in Victoria that he would get a game in the seniors, just look at the sides underneath Lavo,

Clearly you still hold a grudge and obviously the club is in a better State than when you left it.

Why don’t you head down there one day and stick your head in and see if you are welcomed or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the League know that Point Cook Centrals have exceeded the points on 6 occasions in 2018... no action will be taken, what a joke!

(Kind of - not really TBH) Understand that they don’t want to remove PCC from finals but to allow PCC to continue to exceed points in finals is incomprehensible. How is Tarneit going to feel if they lose to PCC by a point in a final when PCC knowingly played a side that exceeded player points...?

The League really going to do anything, really disappointing

The WRFL will be trying to find a way around this debacle so Point Cook Centrals don't lose their points but cheating is cheating no matter how you look at it. Point Cook Centrals will be throwing the blame elsewhere saying they were told certain players where worth x amount of points so it's not their fault. At the end of the day all they needed to do was submit the player points then ask the league for clarification which would be the general procedure. Now if this has occurred there will be evidence of this through emails which the League and Point Cook will be able to produce and this issue disappears. If there is no proof of this then unfortunately it is cheating and they cop the same penalty as Caroline Springs for each game played over the cap.

If my club was involved in Division 3 finals and Point Cook Centrals get away with this I'd be refusing to play them. They have made it by cheating while other clubs have been playing by the rules. You can't have a club play finals and win a Premiership knowing they've had an unfair advantage over all other clubs they've played against. It goes against everything we have all been taught growing up around sport which is Integrity.

It's there for everyone to see on the WRFL website. Doesn't get any clearer than that.

For us that don't know there players or where they were recruited from, can you explain where the error(s) were made?
Also, I think it is a bit harsh calling them cheats, it may have been a simple miscalculation or someone not understanding the system. Having said that, I still think they should lose points if thy have been found guilty, precedence was set in Div 1 earlier this year

Heard rumours about Rockbank wanting join the wrfl - anyone want to clarify , could be just here-say . The move would make sense

It's there for everyone to see on the WRFL website. Doesn't get any clearer than that.
Have looked at Point Cook Centrals player points For the season...…...every game they played under 45 so what is the issue You cannot exceed the points when doing the comp management when you put players names down that are playing. Once you get to 45 it will not let you have extra points. So if the played with extra that would have been the league initiating it

Last edited:
Have looked at Point Cook Centrals player points For the season...…...every game they played under 45 so what is the issue You cannot exceed the points when doing the comp management when you put players names down that are playing. Once you get to 45 it will not let you have extra points. So if the played with extra that would have been the league initiating it

Because the league don't check points before round 1, the clubs allocate each players points and are locked in by the league after round 1.
You are correct, you cannot exceed 45 points when loading teams in system, but you can allocate the 'wrong' points for a player(s) which I assume has happened in this instance

Because the league don't check points before round 1, the clubs allocate each players points and are locked in by the league after round 1.
You are correct, you cannot exceed 45 points when loading teams in system, but you can allocate the 'wrong' points for a player(s) which I assume has happened in this instance

Your correct that is the issue, wrong points allocated to players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back