Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 5 - Get vaccinated.

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infec...d-19-vaccination-case-surveillance-051121.pdf

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
What time you get tested yesterday
About 5.30pm.
Just wondering so what happens if I didn’t go anywhere and consequently then didn’t need to check in? I wouldn’t have known that I was required to test within 24 hours of the notification so then what?
The only way I found out was opening the app to check in at work.
Now with this thing spreading like crazy and about to get worse I can see us all continually getting notifications to test, isolate, wait for lagging test results with all travellers testing… rinse, repeat.
Even if I get my results sometime today I’m not going to the cricket now **** that.
Have to somehow organize somebody also to come here and grab all the food, tables,chairs, gifts etc whilst we hide from them!
What a shit Christmas to perfectly cap off another shit year!

About 5.30pm.
Just wondering so what happens if I didn’t go anywhere and consequently then didn’t need to check in? I wouldn’t have known that I was required to test within 24 hours of the notification so then what?
The only way I found out was opening the app to check in at work.
Now with this thing spreading like crazy and about to get worse I can see us all continually getting notifications to test, isolate, wait for lagging test results with all travellers testing… rinse, repeat.
Even if I get my results sometime today I’m not going to the cricket now fu** that.
Have to somehow organize somebody also to come here and grab all the food, tables,chairs, gifts etc whilst we hide from them!
What a sh*t Christmas to perfectly cap off another sh*t year!
Personally, I'd be buying the $20 rapid test kit and trusting results of that

"Our species will be stronger as a whole once anti vaxxers have been wiped out" suggests a motivation for a more than passive killing.

Then you say you won't shed a tear - implying you blame people for their health decisions. Or when it came to the detention camps, their political decisions.

There is little to separate you from the Nazi medical experimenters at this point.
What a shockingly stupid and erroneous comparison.

"Our species will be stronger as a whole once anti vaxxers have been wiped out" suggests a motivation for a more than passive killing.

Then you say you won't shed a tear - implying you blame people for their health decisions. Or when it came to the detention camps, their political decisions.

There is little to separate you from the Nazi medical experimenters at this point.
You're a moron.

If someone chooses to sunbake on a 40 degree day without sunscreen and then complains that they are burnt, what is wrong with blaming them for not wearing sunscreen?

Stop the Nazi shit, it's embarrassing.

The virus is killing about 1000 Americans a day again, let's say 90% of them are unvaccinated. That's 900 anti-vaxxers getting wiped out each day in the US. I don't want to seem cruel, and I have lost relatives to coronavirus who were good people, but on a big picture level, this is probably a good thing.
Dumb

The virus is killing about 1000 Americans a day again, let's say 90% of them are unvaccinated. That's 900 anti-vaxxers getting wiped out each day in the US. I don't want to seem cruel, and I have lost relatives to coronavirus who were good people, but on a big picture level, this is probably a good thing.
This is stupid as well

Where has sensibility gone in this world

This is stupid as well

Where has sensibility gone in this world
You're reading Lethality's posts. Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed.

Personally, I'd be buying the $20 rapid test kit and trusting results of that
I have them for work and We both showed a negative Thursday and Today. But my Aunt says no… yet accepts me carting all the shit around to mums this morning to have it there whist we return to our prison.
Ridiculous.

There are many ways that people can voluntarily and negatively impact their own health. Obese people, heavy smokers, couch potatoes, people who choose a poor diet. But it is unprecedented that we impose authoritarian measures on those people.

To take up on your analogy, what if people were having to prove they worn sunscreen twice (soon to be three or four times) before being allowed to participate in normal society - such as having a job, travelling interstate, going to the cricket or for a meal? Or being locked up for being 'tested positive' by a very unreliable test for sunburn. Or even being a 'close contact' of someone who got 'tested positive' for sunburn.

These are huge changes in our society. Why are the usual people who speak for human rights so silent?

I'm still waiting for some criticism of the genocidal view "Our species will be stronger as a whole once anti vaxxers have been wiped out".
don't expect me to "speak for human rights" never been that poster before and not gonna start now
you have an exaggerated definition of responsibility (you have defined inaction to prevent a outcome which is negative for a group as being as bad as actively taking that action). You must whip yourself mercilessly about all the injustice in the world then

gasp.. you are one of those woke SJW types...

There are many ways that people can voluntarily and negatively impact their own health. Obese people, heavy smokers, couch potatoes, people who choose a poor diet. But it is unprecedented that we impose authoritarian measures on those people.

To take up on your analogy, what if people were having to prove they worn sunscreen twice (soon to be three or four times) before being allowed to participate in normal society - such as having a job, travelling interstate, going to the cricket or for a meal? Or being locked up for being 'tested positive' by a very unreliable test for sunburn. Or even being a 'close contact' of someone who got 'tested positive' for sunburn.

These are huge changes in our society. Why are the usual people who speak for human rights so silent?

I'm still waiting for some criticism of the genocidal view "Our species will be stronger as a whole once anti vaxxers have been wiped out".
At what point in history was sunburn highly contagious?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

don't expect me to "speak for human rights" never been that poster before and not gonna start now
you have an exaggerated definition of responsibility (you have defined inaction to prevent a outcome which is negative for a group as being as bad as actively taking that action). You must whip yourself mercilessly about all the injustice in the world then

More like a wilfully obtuse type who conflates people whose actions damage only their own health, with people whose inaction endangers the health of others.
An obvious difference which must have already been pointed out on this board hundreds, if not thousands, of times.

Do woke SJW types believe that "Our species will be stronger as a whole once anti vaxxers have been wiped out"?

Or being locked up for being 'tested positive' by a very unreliable test for sunburn. Or even being a 'close contact' of someone who got 'tested positive' for sunburn.

Is there a point you realise how incredibly stupid what you write actually is, or will you just wallow in your own idiocy indefinitely?

Do woke SJW types believe that "Our species will be stronger as a whole once anti vaxxers have been wiped out"?
no. you are the one who doesn't believe that, and you also are saying/ have said that my lack of care about such a statement puts me as bad as "Nazis"

I can only read this as a belief that my (Crankyhawk) failure to care and act about a group who choose to take an action with a known consequence means that I am as bad as a Nazi im your eyes
therefore it follows if you are honest to apply the same lens to yourself, that if you ever to fail to act and care about a group who take an action with a known consequence - for example illegal immigrants who come by boat, or climate extremists you choose to glue themselves to the road - then you are "as bad as a Nazi" (your words not mine). And I also stated I take no action to support illegal immigrants in an earlier post (so I am demonstrating my consistency on this)
the only people who I know of who hold such stupid standards are woke SJW types.

If omicron is five times weaker, according to Brett Sutton, why do we even need to worry about it?

Maybe it will spread enough to give people immunity against the more dangerous strain.
the concern (with current settings) is that close contacts are still having to do the isolation/ furlough (with staffing implications for health care and other industries). Also even if 5 times weaker then we may still have health capacity issues if 10x or more get infected
and that one cannot easily tell which is delta and who has omicron in the Victorian setting (NSW and QLD settings are pretty much all omicron so they can draft policy on that basis)

Remove this Banner Ad

Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 5 - Get vaccinated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back