WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot about the stand off between Warrior and Hogan, I was so hoping for Perfect to win though šŸ¤£

1990 was good in that regard just for that moment. 2020 was also quite good, as it was quite good and pleasing to see a new star arrive. 2018 with Shinsake winning would have been epic, if he could have kept his momentum going. The most disappointing thing for me was his matches with AJ. After their matches in NJPW, which was off the charts, their matches in WWE have been very disappointing.

I think it was 88 when Demolition Drew #1 and 2. Seeing Ax and Smash go at it was quite good As well. Think that was the year, Big John Studd won.

Great points. Though I do think Hogan should win. Needed that for the WM6 build up. Mr.Perfect should have eventually won at some stage though. Criminally underrated at WWF/E (despite the IC reign).

Shinsuke winning was amazing. He should have won the title from Jinder, then feuded with AJ - for months! The purists would have come back, the interest from Japan would have been huge, and Jinder had already done his part for Indian buyrates. Then it all comes down to the match booking.

Loved the Demolition face-off! (1989)

LA Knight vs Cedric, and Roddy Strong vs T-Bar on WWE Main Event.

The only downside with LA Knight is his age. Roddy I can't see doing well in WWE, he's too vanilla as a singles act (none of the diamond mine guys were with him).

Think this is one of the most open years for the mens rumble match itself. Everyone is expecting Brock or Roman to get screwed and enter the rumble but if that does not happen it is an open field. AJ been treading water maybe a win and one last big run? Edge /Orton don't need it if both end up in Rumble. Big E just had the run and it was not anything special? Drew could return but he won it a couple of years back so not sure they need to go that path again so soon.

KO is a very good chance to win if they stick with two titles and they want Brock vs Roman at Mania it could be KO vs Seth for the other belt? Sheamus is a dark horse.

Great points. Though I do think Hogan should win. Needed that for the WM6 build up. Mr.Perfect should have eventually won at some stage though. Criminally underrated at WWF/E (despite the IC reign).

Shinsuke winning was amazing. He should have won the title from Jinder, then feuded with AJ - for months! The purists would have come back, the interest from Japan would have been huge, and Jinder had already done his part for Indian buyrates. Then it all comes down to the match booking.

Loved the Demolition face-off! (1989)
My favourite rumble would be 97 for sure. Loved the finish where Bret threw Austin out but refs were busy on other side then Austin comes in and tips Taker/Vader over and Bret eliminates Fake Diesel ( Kane) , Austin comes over and tips Bret out. It all happened so quickly.

The Austin ticking on the watch and his reaction when Bret's music hits was priceless. Couple of other minor stories within the rumble like Ahmed Johnson and the Nation was good to. There is less and less of the mini stories throughout the rumble these days.

The Austin ticking on the watch and his reaction when Bret's music hits was priceless. Couple of other minor stories within the rumble like Ahmed Johnson and the Nation was good to. There is less and less of the mini stories throughout the rumble these days.
RhFC.gif

if you're going to mention it, you have to post the gif

Think this is one of the most open years for the mens rumble match itself. Everyone is expecting Brock or Roman to get screwed and enter the rumble but if that does not happen it is an open field. AJ been treading water maybe a win and one last big run? Edge /Orton don't need it if both end up in Rumble. Big E just had the run and it was not anything special? Drew could return but he won it a couple of years back so not sure they need to go that path again so soon.

KO is a very good chance to win if they stick with two titles and they want Brock vs Roman at Mania it could be KO vs Seth for the other belt? Sheamus is a dark horse.

The whole unpredictably of this Rumble card is what makes it one of the most exciting in years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 rumble matches very confusing.

Becky vs Doudrop both heels
Roman vs Seth both heels
Brock (face) vs Lashley (heel), yet the story is about Bobby Lashley proving he's not "Bobby who" and is trying to overcome Lesnar, makes him almost like a face.

They need to fix this a bit in the future, more clear cut faces needed like Drew.

3 rumble matches very confusing.

Becky vs Doudrop both heels
Roman vs Seth both heels
Brock (face) vs Lashley (heel), yet the story is about Bobby Lashley proving he's not "Bobby who" and is trying to overcome Lesnar, makes him almost like a face.

They need to fix this a bit in the future, more clear cut faces needed like Drew.

Just finished watching SmackDown and was actually just thinking this. They flirted with Rollins as a face for a bit prior to tonight but he stamped himself back as a heel again with that final promo segment. Enjoyable segment mind you, but confusing as to which dog to have in the fight.

They certainly have a big issue getting clear cut faces over. They quickly forget why face turns worked organically and start turning them into the stereotypical cookie cutter happy and smiling character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back