WWE WrestleMania 40 (XL) Night 2 - Monday 8th April 2024 9am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Night 2 was better than Night 1 - just about every match delivered (the six man was comically bad but still managed to be entertaining, though I could do without Bubba Ray ever being on TV again).

The main event was good for what it was. The post-show stuff felt a lot less organic than say Eddie, Benoit or Danielson (particularly given the insecurity of Papa H being on full display), but I'm pleased for Cody even if the whole thing was 12 months too late.

If Cody v Gunther is where they're headed, then we can expect a better calibre main event scene too - and hopefully plenty more title defences than we've had over the past few years.

I know its all wrestling forever but the whole sequence of events is so illogical, I've been this way since starting watching in the 90s but I'm always like why would you play your music to warn everyone? Why did Cena wait so long when Cody could have easily been pinned on Solo's first attack, was Undertaker and Seth only going to show after a certain amount of interferences they had decided on earlier? Why weren't both sides just ringside the whole time?

Last edited:

Lesnar showing up to hit Reigns with a F5 after Reigns hit Rollins would have been the icing on the cake

That show was crazy,

Night 1 was ok, main event was awesome.
Night 2 was incredible from start to finish.

The storytelling was amazing.

Anyone who didn't enjoy that show just shouldn't bother watching anymore, the product isn't for you.

YARN | You're a moron! | The Wedding Singer (1998) | Video gifs by quotes |  f7baf6a1 | 紗're a moron! | The Wedding Singer (1998) | Video gifs by quotes |  f7baf6a1 | 紗

Did not read 2nd Post

That show was crazy,

Anyone who didn't enjoy that show just shouldn't bother watching anymore, the product isn't for you.
Yeah 100%.

Think AEW is where they should be at. Its not a competitor, its your complete difference and alternative

That show was crazy,

I could not agree more. If you haven't been entertained over the past 2 nights (the past couple of months included) then why would you be wasting your time watching? It's as good as it will ever be so find something else to consume your time to complain about.

There's a certain subset of people that will complain about anything just for the sake of it.

I could not agree more. If you haven't been entertained over the past 2 nights (the past couple of months included) then why would you be wasting your time watching? It's as good as it will ever be so find something else to consume your time to complain about.

There's a certain subset of people that will complain about anything just for the sake of it.

Look at this AEW fanboi peanuts take. Surprised Fox Sports let such a trash article up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That right there is what professional wrestling is all about, it's supposed to make you suspend your disbelief and just for a moment believe in what you're seeing, Cody Rhodes did exactly that.

If there was nothing over these past two days that got you excited or had you feeling something, I think professional wrestling has long passed you by.

WWE are in a very good place right now, and that is going to last a very long time.

Or perhaps there are some people out there who prefer Vince's booking compared to HHH's? Not a right or wrong view to take, but to dismiss them by saying that it is "as good as ever" is just petty and based on opinion rather than logical consistency.

Before anyone comes at me for this post, I literally could not care less about the booking from both. Just stating there are people out there who prefer the booking one way or another.

That right there is what professional wrestling is all about, it's supposed to make you suspend your disbelief and just for a moment believe in what you're seeing, Cody Rhodes did exactly that.

If there was nothing over these past two days that got you excited or had you feeling something, I think professional wrestling has long passed you by.

WWE are in a very good place right now, and that is going to last a very long time.

Once again, based on opinion.

A lot of people not complaining would have been the ones complaining about Vince's booking. I could not care one way or another about how the show is booked, but I don't think it is productive to make judgements on others based on your own subjective standard of when and where something has passed by.

I hope Punk releases a t-shirt of the him smiling on the table while Drew is staring at Priest

That was a good match to start the night.

Punk seems to have recovered so might jump into a feud.

Really enjoyed the triple threat match as well. Logan is the right decision but wish they aimed higher with him.

I think he is somewhat shy or embarassed by it when he does get a pop. Its just not for him it seems. In his own mind he probably feels it would have taken away from Codys moments and he would have not liked that. Undetaker has less issues since he just does whatever is asked of him

Remove this Banner Ad

WWE WrestleMania 40 (XL) Night 2 - Monday 8th April 2024 9am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back