WWE WrestleMania 40 (XL) Night 2 - Monday 8th April 2024 9am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Night 2 was better than Night 1 - just about every match delivered (the six man was comically bad but still managed to be entertaining, though I could do without Bubba Ray ever being on TV again).

The main event was good for what it was. The post-show stuff felt a lot less organic than say Eddie, Benoit or Danielson (particularly given the insecurity of Papa H being on full display), but I'm pleased for Cody even if the whole thing was 12 months too late.

If Cody v Gunther is where they're headed, then we can expect a better calibre main event scene too - and hopefully plenty more title defences than we've had over the past few years.

Yea Night one felt a bit sluggish to me. The right things happened, was just execution of it. Night two I don't think could have been any better in how it was paced and performed.

A part of me thinks also that Gunther heads to Smackdown now also so isnt there to compete against Priest anyway. Gunther might be the best first feud for Cody if The Rock is to come back later.

At the German show id love to see Imperium vs Logan Pauls posse in a 3 on 3 match, or maybe 2 seperate matches of Imperium vs A-Town Downunder and then Gunther vs Logan Paul with a Gunther US title reign being short and sweat before a Royal Rumble win for WM41 for example

Don’t rush Gunther you don’t want him to be in a losing feud with Cody straight up.

There’s other paths with Cody first before Gunther.

They will ease him into a feud with someone like Kross to begin with.

Nothing major happens until the draft.

Beauty about Cody is so many feuds.

Orton
Rollins
The Rock
Drew
Punk

They all have history.

Length of title reigns ended at WrestleMania Poor Drew :cryv1: :cryv1: :cryv1:

Roman Reigns - 1316 days
Gunther - 666 days
Seth Rollins - 316 days
Iyo Sky - 245 days
Priest and Balor - 171 days
Drew McIntyre - 5 minutes

Drew has been brilliant, this just might take him to another level.

For the most part I hadn’t really bought in to the ‘new era’ talk recently outside of a few segments. But these last two nights it’s been clear as day. I’m not even sure there’s any one or two big changes but more like 100 small ones that add up to a massively different product. One example being Michael Cole. I have never been a fan but thought he was great, and that embrace with Cody at the end was a pretty special moment. He’s clearly liked by the people he works with and this change in direction has started to show the viewers why.

Loved both nights and it’s up there as one of the better Mania’s for me, and the main event today was perfect. Can’t wait to see Raw tomorrow now and that’s not something I thought I’d be saying even a couple of months ago.

For the most part I hadn’t really bought in to the ‘new era’ talk recently outside of a few segments. But these last two nights it’s been clear as day. I’m not even sure there’s any one or two big changes but more like 100 small ones that add up to a massively different product. One example being Michael Cole. I have never been a fan but thought he was great, and that embrace with Cody at the end was a pretty special moment. He’s clearly liked by the people he works with and this change in direction has started to show the viewers why.

Loved both nights and it’s up there as one of the better Mania’s for me, and the main event today was perfect. Can’t wait to see Raw tomorrow now and that’s not something I thought I’d be saying even a couple of months ago.
Been said that Micahel Cole got fed up being handcuffed by Vince in what to say in commentary

Since HHH took over he's given Cole full reign and is loving it

Or perhaps there are some people out there who prefer Vince's booking compared to HHH's? Not a right or wrong view to take, but to dismiss them by saying that it is "as good as ever" is just petty and based on opinion rather than logical consistency.

Before anyone comes at me for this post, I literally could not care less about the booking from both. Just stating there are people out there who prefer the booking one way or another.

Just watch AEW mate, that's your thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really a fantastic show across the two nights. Only one real dud match for me in Jimmy vs Jey.
Excited for where they go from here and particularly excited for a Gunther push.

The people complaining about Samantha are extremely incorrect btw, she's ****ing fantastic and they should hold onto her as long as they can.
The hype built when she announced Priest was cashing in was next level:

Been said that Micahel Cole got fed up being handcuffed by Vince in what to say in commentary

Since HHH took over he's given Cole full reign and is loving it

How many times would have Cole screamed “Ohhhhhh Myyyyyyy” today if Vince was still there?

Really a fantastic show across the two nights. Only one real dud match for me in Jimmy vs Jey.
Excited for where they go from here and particularly excited for a Gunther push.

The people complaining about Samantha are extremely incorrect btw, she's ******* fantastic and they should hold onto her as long as they can.
The hype built when she announced Priest was cashing in was next level:

Agree she's the best puts so much passion into it

How could anyone prefer Vince stuff over this.

They have nailed the camera changes and overall presentation. More creative freedom and they are pushing boundaries.

They have intertwined so many stories in the past 6 months than they had for a decade.

Look I’m not a huge fan of the advertising or the graphic logos that pop up before entrance but that’s the way of the world going forward. Most sports presentations are going that way I mean the AFL grounds are plastered with sponsors and the club kits have endless logos on them.

I love the colours and over the top entrances it just grabs your eye and makes the talent larger than life. I mean that’s what drew me to wrestling as a kid Bret Hart, Million Dollar Man , Savage, Bossman, Hogan, Earthqauke stuff we will never see again because the world has changed but they were over the top larger than life.

Yeah Cole is great now. Enthusiastic without delivering repetitive one liners, adds a lot of history to commentary too - something he's never been allowed to show pre Vince going.

Honestly who ever would have expected Cole to mention an Adelaide based Indy promotion on a main PLE?

Big thing for me I love how the product being presented now has a real professional sports feel to it but its professional wrestling

Feels the same to me. Main brand booking hasn’t changed much except the very stupid bits taken out of it.

Only thing that has really changed is that the fans now run the show but it is yet to be seen if that is a good or bad thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

WWE WrestleMania 40 (XL) Night 2 - Monday 8th April 2024 9am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back