WWE WrestleMania 40 (XL) Night 2 - Monday 8th April 2024 9am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Even though MOST results were predictable, maybe aside from the IC title (it makes sense though) the way they did it as a creative was fantastic. My only small criticism is I would have had 1 more match on night 1 that seemed skinny in that regard, but it's only a small thing.

"All the good guys celebrating with the heroic good guy" is a classic wrestling trope. Sting, Luger, RVD and ONS, Zayn in NXT...

Also it's not every day that a legendary title reign finishes. Completely justified ending IMO.

Segment fell flat to me.

I was literally hoping something would happen. Whether it be Seth turn on him right there or a surprise debut. Disappointing that it ended up as nothing.

Segment fell flat to me.

I was literally hoping something would happen. Whether it be Seth turn on him right there or a surprise debut. Disappointing that it ended up as nothing.
There's always tomorrow on Raw but I doubt it, they'll milk this hard now

How many faces did Seth face during his current reign as a fighting champion? I genuinely cannot remember as his reign was quite boring too.
Not many because Raw held very few faces for him to actually face. Faces are stacked on Smackdown side. In saying that he did face them all im pretty sure

He fought Jey Uso, Sami Zayn, AJ Styles. Spent alot of time fighting McIntyre though and Balor

Even though MOST results were predictable, maybe aside from the IC title (it makes sense though) the way they did it as a creative was fantastic. My only small criticism is I would have had 1 more match on night 1 that seemed skinny in that regard, but it's only a small thing.
Priest cash in was a huge surprise lets be honest.

IC title match was definitely surprising but I predicted it pre match with how they had Sami with his wife and son, and then with KO in that segment before. They wouldn’t have him lose with all that happening.

This WM seems to be a lot about family with the amount of wins they had with loved ones there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another side note:

When Roman Reigns started his WWE title reign in August 2020 (beating Bray Wyatt and Braun Strowman),

Cody Rhodes just dropped the TNT Title to Brodie Lee on AEW Dynamite.

Not many because Raw held very few faces for him to actually face. Faces are stacked on Smackdown side. In saying that he did face them all im pretty sure

He fought Jey Uso, Sami Zayn, AJ Styles. Spent alot of time fighting McIntyre though and Balor

I agree that faces are stacked on the Smackdown side. Only issue that I see is that Smackdown don’t seem to have many main event talent. They are all stacked on RAW.

Potentially losing Roman won’t help either.

IC title match was definitely surprising but I predicted it pre match with how they had Sami with his wife and son, and then with KO in that segment before. They wouldn’t have him lose with all that happening.

This WM seems to be a lot about family with the amount of wins they had with loved ones there.

Yep and I am happy they gave him and for that matter Bayley their moments, they won't be here forever and as a turnover champion they can do a wonderful job.

Priest cash in was a huge surprise lets be honest.
Nope, fully expected it.

MITB is just around the corner so needed to cash in within a couple of months. WM was the perfect time for that.
The surprise for me was that Punk was allowed to do the attack on Drew, prior to the cash in. Glad that happened.

I agree that faces are stacked on the Smackdown side. Only issue that I see is that Smackdown don’t seem to have many main event talent. They are all stacked on RAW.

Potentially losing Roman won’t help either.
Draft will change things up that way, Womens division also is too stacked on the Smackdown side. Rhea ran out of challengers

Remove this Banner Ad

WWE WrestleMania 40 (XL) Night 2 - Monday 8th April 2024 9am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back