Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: www.footyjumpers.com

Did they use a different logo for the 2010 gf replay or the same one?
and if they didn't, did they reuse the jumpers?

Did they use a different logo for the 2010 gf replay or the same one?
and if they didn't, did they reuse the jumpers?

Not on the guernseys they didn't, but in promotion then yes, there was a slightly altered logo. Where it usually says "Grand Final" it was a rather cramped "Grand Final Replay"

Yes, well they basically let me do as I please these days.
Problem is finding 21 logos and adding them to 42 jumpers.
(1990 was the first)

So could you add the AFL or VFL logos to the chest? Or is that infringing on the rights of the AFL?

I would love to see sponsor logos on these. It just adds another dimension to the evolution of jumpers. Out of your control, though. This is still a well done job.

Yes, well they basically let me do as I please these days.
Problem is finding 21 logos and adding them to 42 jumpers.
(1990 was the first)

Here's a pretty good pic of last years logo:

219506.jpg

So could you add the AFL or VFL logos to the chest? Or is that infringing on the rights of the AFL?

I would love to see sponsor logos on these. It just adds another dimension to the evolution of jumpers. Out of your control, though. This is still a well done job.

That would be playing with fire, as that makes is an AFL product.
And the official site is the only website allowed to use AFL IP, unless they are a Licensee, in which case they have limitations to the license they hold.
Eg a clothing company can show the jumpers they are selling, but they can't use the club logo as a header for the page.

And all my logo collection went away when my HD crashed a few weeks ago.

ah the things I do.

Here's the best I could get for all of the 1990's Grand Final logos - as for the noughties, they're easy enough to find.
open image in new tab

kX9kI.png

Hope this helps :thumbsu:

Love the new template.

One minor issue I have with it is the football. The new sherrin looks great, but the old football looks flat - obviously, it's just a coloured shape. It needs the stitching, like the sherrin has, just no print, and it would llook perfect.

And all my logo collection went away when my HD crashed a few weeks ago.
Just having a quick look at the logo section on your website and noticed most clubs don't have the AFL logo on the old emblems when the league changed names from VFL to AFL in 1990.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heres the best I can find of the 2001-2006 grand final logos from the AFL photos site:

2001:
142006.jpg

141989.jpg

2002:
This is the best I could find but it looks the same as 2001's logo.
133170.jpg

2003:
118040.jpg

118150.jpg

2004:
66586.jpg

66668.jpg

2005:
176411.jpg

2006:
185967.jpg

185895.jpg

Excuse my ignorant ignorance, young Mero, but is there a reason why you don't use this "3D" version of a jumper...

Exhibit A
Front-NthM.gif

...for all of a club's previous jumpers?

Exhibit B:
North-1995.gif

Just like FullPointsFooty, your site is a fantastic resource. Keep up the great work :thumbsu:

One quick observation on your season-by-season jumpers Mero, I noticed that this new template no longer as the team name underneath the kit. For outsiders who aren't up with the game and just for people quickly searching for a team, I think it would be beneficial to have the jumpers labelled (maybe even just text above the kit). Just a thought :thumbsu:

Would be good to have tabs to easily navigate through the different seasons in the season-by-season section. Also mentioned these before, but would be good to have the backs appear when you click on the full-size image (like club-by-club). Could also have other guernseys (clash, etc) come up labelled when you view full0sizze or otherwise have tabs at the top for these also.

Would the IP website Mr Eagle always seems to post from have the grand final logos?

Excuse my ignorant ignorance, young Mero, but is there a reason why you don't use this "3D" version of a jumper...

Exhibit A
Front-NthM.gif

...for all of a club's previous jumpers?

Exhibit B:
North-1995.gif

Just like FullPointsFooty, your site is a fantastic resource. Keep up the great work :thumbsu:

"Young Mero"?

The reasons I don't use Gazza's are.
1. It is not mine, and I prefer to use my own stuff as much as possible, though I do use it in place of logos on the front page.
2. It's more realistic, but without the logos, it loses the reason for making a realistic one. Had I been allowed to use the AFL and sponsors logos, that one would have been perfect, However, I am not. So I stayed with the template I made.
3. It's only realistic for the printed jumpers which have come in since about 1995. So I would also have to create a realistic one for the canvas lace-ups, then the wool, then the acrylic jumpers.

Would be good to have tabs to easily navigate through the different seasons in the season-by-season section. Also mentioned these before, but would be good to have the backs appear when you click on the full-size image (like club-by-club). Could also have other guernseys (clash, etc) come up labelled when you view full0sizze or otherwise have tabs at the top for these also.

Mr Eagle has agreed to join me to make the site do all the interesting things people want it to do.
My thing is mostly research and display of the jumpers (and now uniforms) teams have worn.
This may come as a surprise to Mr E, however, he is free to invite someone to the party if he feel inadequate in any specific area.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back