Remove this Banner Ad

Re: www.footyjumpers.com

The chevrons on your heritage designs aren't quite right. See below:

Yeah, here we go Mero:

124055.jpg

65900.jpg

176110.jpg

189409.jpg

I didn't actually realise, but they seem to progressively get sharper and lower as the years go on. The first one or two are a lot like this though:

234290.jpg

I'll let you decide what to do with them, but this doesn't quite look right

Fremantle-6.gif

I don't want to continue bagging mero but on the 1998 jumpers for Port, the number font is similar to the 97 jumpers but not quite as "blockish" if you know what I mean...

Has the outline around the actual number like the 97 jumpers

Great work Mero. Looking at a club's uniforms over the years does create many discussions, like the North Melbourne monogram. These jumpers can tell a story of a football club. Like when the swans went to Sydney and the jumper changed to include the opera house.

Would be interested in seeing the Essendon page and see how the sash has developed over the years from the small stripe to today's sash. With Essendon's refusal to introduce a clash stripe that is different from the black with red sash, it would be interesting to see what changes have been made. I know I can do this on the website with the jumpers, but it is different to see the whole uniform through its changes side by side.

Great work Mero. Looking at a club's uniforms over the years does create many discussions, like the North Melbourne monogram. These jumpers can tell a story of a football club. Like when the swans went to Sydney and the jumper changed to include the opera house.

Would be interested in seeing the Essendon page and see how the sash has developed over the years from the small stripe to today's sash. With Essendon's refusal to introduce a clash stripe that is different from the black with red sash, it would be interesting to see what changes have been made. I know I can do this on the website with the jumpers, but it is different to see the whole uniform through its changes side by side.

Essendon is going to cause some ructions.
1873 Black and Red striped hose (socks) (No reference to jumper colour)
1874 Blue jersey
1875-1889- Blue with red sash.
1890-2011 Black Red sash.

I've got two Adam Kingsley jumpers from 97 and 98

first one is from 1997, second is 1998. Cant find a proper photo on any AFL sites

I've traced the 2 and added it to the website.
Looks a lot like the numbers I had, but the Teal was the thickness of the numbers, and the Black and White inside were thinner.
Port-Home-1998.gif

hey Mero, feel free to ignore this, because it'd nit picky, but since Sydney signed with ISC the yolk on the front of the jumper has definitely got bigger and flatter (less of a 'V' in the red shape)

Your pictures still have the pre-2010 design.

2006:
42878.jpg

2011:
240381.jpg

Traced it off that pic.
Bigger Opera House and, as you say, flatter yoke.
Sydney-2010.gif

Essendon is going to cause some ructions.
1873 Black and Red striped hose (socks) (No reference to jumper colour)
1874 Blue jersey
1875-1889- Blue with red sash.
1890-2011 Black Red sash.

They won't like this. The fact that there is a different jumper worn by Essendon, and it may have looked like Carltons for one year. Then for fourteen years like the Coburg jumper. Well they can't say that they don't change their jumpers now.

I was actually look more at the growth of the sash. From the heritage jumpers, the Essendon sash was a thin red stripe which has grown. It will be interesting when the growth happen and what could have been the factors that lead to it happening.

They won't like this. The fact that there is a different jumper worn by Essendon, and it may have looked like Carltons for one year. Then for fourteen years like the Coburg jumper. Well they can't say that they don't change their jumpers now.

I was actually look more at the growth of the sash. From the heritage jumpers, the Essendon sash was a thin red stripe which has grown. It will be interesting when the growth happen and what could have been the factors that lead to it happening.

Essendon's sash really didn't change a great deal from 1875 to 1975.
It was only when colour TV came in that sashes were wider.
The sash Albert Thurgood wore in 1890 doesn't look that different from the sashes worn by Dick Reynolds in the 30s or Barry Davis in the early 70s.
After colour TV then next most prominent change to the sash was the various manufacturers all having a go and making it slightly different each time.

PS Wait til you see Hawthorn's uniform 1905 - 1911.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They can say that in the VFL/AFL though.

Essendon?!? :eek: Hah!

EDIT: At Mero's Hawthorn guernsey

Booroondara's guernsey.
They merged & kept Hawthorn's name and Booroondara's jumpers.

1912 they merged again, this time with Hawthorn City and adopted their jumpers.
Finally went to Brown & Gold when they joined the VFA in 1914 and Williamstown owned Blue & Gold.

I'm not bothered that we used to be a few different colours. Not like the big clubs who get all pissy over little things. :)

And is "ructions" a word?

The Fitzroy jumper is a training jumper, the game is an inter-club thing, so the jumpers don't count.

Freo, I will have a look at fixing.

Yeah, looking at the photo it looked like a training jumper and an internal trial match. I was just going by the description, and thought it was worth at least bringing up :thumbsu: Having a look after I posted it, I realised that year was the year Fitzroy wore the 'candy stripe' preseason jumper anyway :heart:

I've got two Adam Kingsley jumpers from 97 and 98

first one is from 1997, second is 1998. Cant find a proper photo on any AFL sites

Wow, nice jumpers :thumbsu: I would be interested how numbers like that (teal outline) would look now on that port guernsey (in the current style). I reckon they look pretty cool actually :cool:

Yeah, what I meant was try putting numbers like on this:

West-Coast-2008.gif

onto this design (i.e. the outline in the 'newer style'):

Port-2009.gif

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I agree that it probably wouldn't work very well in the black guernsey

Essendon's sash really didn't change a great deal from 1875 to 1975.
It was only when colour TV came in that sashes were wider.
The sash Albert Thurgood wore in 1890 doesn't look that different from the sashes worn by Dick Reynolds in the 30s or Barry Davis in the early 70s.
After colour TV then next most prominent change to the sash was the various manufacturers all having a go and making it slightly different each time.

PS Wait til you see Hawthorn's uniform 1905 - 1911.

I have seen all of Hawthorn's jumper designs at the Hawthorn Museum at Waverley Park. There was discussion of wearing each of the club's early designs as hertiage round jumpers. The question was how would fans handle the Hawks in and Essendon jumper.

They definitely should have worn that jumper just to piss off the bombers!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back