Yarra Valley - Mountain District FL Forum 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per standard procedures with Big Footy, all threads over 1000 posts have to be closed and a new one opened.

Seems like a good time to close the first thread at the end of season 2008 and before the start of season 2009.

Its good to see the league starting to make a name for itself with many high profile players being apart of it. with the likes Porter and Chris Murphy ex efl divy 1, aussie jones, shippy and the silvan bombers it is starting to raise the status

any more facts/rumours about player movements for 2009? ( i know its still pretty early)

The Upwey Tecoma held it's Presentation Night last evening in the Social Club-a crowd of over 140 where in attendance and a most enjoyable night was had by all.A Full List of the Trophy Winners is shown below.

space.gif
Presentation Night Awards

PRESENTATION NIGHT
Upwey-Tecoma Football Club Social Rooms
Friday 10th October 2008
PROGRAM OF AWARDS.

NETBALL B
BEST AND FAIREST-Kate Jeffs
RUNNER-UP BEST AND FAIREST-Rebecca Smith
COACHES AWARD-Penny Oliver

UNDER 18'S
BEST AND FAIREST - (NOEL HARDWICK PERPETUAL TROPHY)-Isaac Krijt
RUNNER-UP BEST AND FAIREST-Tom O'Brien
MOST CONSISTENT-Daniel Waters
BEST FINALS PLAYER- Jesse Dunne
MOST IMPROVED - Roy Peterson
COACHES AWARD- Josh O'Brien
SERVICE CERTIFICATES
Mathew Bellman
Dion Bullock,
Billy Huxtable,
Tom O'Brien,
Scott Padgett,
Seamus Parkinson,
Roy Peterson,
Jesse Dunne
Steve Cornell
Justin Lee

Veterans
BEST AND FAIREST-Jason Beamsley
RUNNER UP BEST AND FAIREST-Darren Stephenson
THIRD BEST AND FAIREST-Steven Boyd
COACHES AWARD-Scott Dickoson

NETBALL A
BEST AND FAIREST-Rylie McLoughlin
RUNNER-UP BEST AND FAIREST-Kate Rhook
COACHES AWARD-Emma Hedge
BEST FINALS PLAYER - Kate Rhook

RESERVES
BEST AND FAIREST - (DON WATERS MEMORIAL TROPHY)-Ryan Ellis
RUNNER-UP BEST AND FAIREST-Kane Townsend-Finlay
MOST CONSISTENT - David Grant
BEST FINALS PLAYER- Darren Oates
MOST VALAUBLE PLAYER - Ryan Ellis
COACHES AWARD- Josh McMillan
PLAYERS AWARD-Ryan Ellis

CLUB PRESENTATIONS
BEST CLUBMAN- Adrian Laing (Other nominations were Neil Huxtable,Graeme Hinton,Gayle VanHoorn and Julie Farrelly)
SUPPORTERS GROUP PRESENTATION
LADIES COMMITTEE PRESENTATION
LIFE MEMBER PRESENTATION-David Grant

SENIORS
BEST AND FAIREST - (PHILLIP PETERSON MEMORIAL TROPHY)-Chris Hayes
RUNNER-UP BEST AND FAIREST-Steve Brotja
MOST CONSISTENT- Andrew McQualter
MOST IMPROVED - Billy Duncan
BEST FINALS PLAYER- Shaun Jones
COACHES AWARD-Jaydn Orger
PLAYERS AWARD-Simon Mitchell

SERVICE CERTIFICATES
50 Games
-Andrew McQualter
-David Bell
-Eamonn Keogh
-Hannah Farrelly
-Michael VandenAkker
-Penny Oliver
-Phoebe Farrelly
-Rachael Snell
-Shane Thomas
-Simon Mitchell
-Tim Hansen
-Rylie McLoughlin
-Caitlin McLoughlin

100 Games
-Shaun Marcus
-Tim Harris
-Steve Dawson
-Steve Brotja

200 Games
-David Grant

space.gif

I believe that Upwey have been fairly active for next year. Tyson Hienrich, ex Donvale, Eastern Ranges and apparantly played for Australia in the under 17's against Ireland a few years ago is a definite starter.

Ty Heinrich is a back packer and will struggle lol

I think there'll be another signing at Upwey soon who'll come with Porter, if it hasn't already been done.

These 3 blokes along with the current list will make Upwey, the first legit contender to Silvan that we've seen for a couple of years.

The Yea Football Netball Club are pleased to announce the appointment of their senior coaching staff for the 2009 season. Patrick McKenna has been appointed Seniors Football Coach, Tom O’Dwyer, Reserves Football Coach, Megan O’Bree, A Grade Netball Coach and Lauren Bagnall, B Grade Netball Coach. All four bring fantastic skills, experience and knowledge to the club.

The Yea Football Netball Club Committee, Members and Players congratulate Patrick, Tom, Megan and Lauren on their coaching appointments for 2009, and look forward to working with them for an enjoyable and prosperous year for the club. GO TIGERS!

The Yea Football Netball Club are pleased to announce the appointment of their senior coaching staff for the 2009 season. Patrick McKenna has been appointed Seniors Football Coach, Tom O’Dwyer, Reserves Football Coach, Megan O’Bree, A Grade Netball Coach and Lauren Bagnall, B Grade Netball Coach. All four bring fantastic skills, experience and knowledge to the club.

The Yea Football Netball Club Committee, Members and Players congratulate Patrick, Tom, Megan and Lauren on their coaching appointments for 2009, and look forward to working with them for an enjoyable and prosperous year for the club. GO TIGERS!

Fantastic news guys, best of luck to all at Tigerland for 2009 :thumbsu:

Is Patrick McKenna a local (YEA) boy havent really heard much of him apart from last season ?:confused:

Is Patrick McKenna a local (YEA) boy havent really heard much of him apart from last season ?:confused:

Patrick (Paddy) McKenna isn't a local Yea boy, he grew up in Echuca playing junior football at the Echuca Football club in the Goulburn Valley Football League. He then played 3 years of APS football with Scotch College in Melbourne, going on to play U/19 football with Old Scotch Football Club. Paddy coached the Scotch College 2nd XVIII for three years before being recruited to play for the Yea Football Netball Club in 2008, when he won the Senior Football best and fairest.

Paddy is 23 years old, and currently lives in Hawthorn East. He plays cricket for Richmond Cricket Club in Melbourne’s Premier competition, and is studying his fourth year of double degree, Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Engineering The University of Melbourne.

Paddy’s coaching philosophy is to; Blood young local talent; Create a learning and enjoyable football environment; Bring people back to local footy; and It’s only a game!

Paddy is a fantastic young lad, who is very popular around the club. He will be a playing coach, has a strong vision for the club, and is very enthusiastic about his new role. We are thrilled to have secured him in this role.

IT"S GONNA BE A GREAT YEAR AT TIGERLAND!;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

does that mean we have to travel out to alexandra on away games?? but at least no more games at olinda which was cold as hell

Heard the league president has resigned. Anyone know what the deal is there?

No big deal-Tony's letter to club's as under

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Last Monday 6th October 2008 at our Board Meeting, after many days and hours of consideration, I have decided to step down from the YVMDFL Inc board.

After ten years of involvement with the board and the last eight as President, I felt it was time to vacate the position. Those who don't know, I have a business located in Mansfield which takes me an hour and half to get to and from work each day, which is finally taking its toll on me. Trying to drive home each evening then attending meetings has just become too difficult, I have been attending meetings without a clear mind or focus on what is fair for everyone.

As you all are aware, I have a huge passion towards the inter-league concept and wish to continue to develop this within our league and of course many others.

I hope you all understand and accept my position, it has been an absolute privilege being the League President of such a league as ours, the ultimate honour for me has been awarded life membership this year, which I will cherish for many years to come.

In addition, to continue on with a football fix, I have been approached by members of the VCFL to apply for a vacant position on their board. This position will allow me to attend just eight meetings per annum and of course some games of football / netball, mainly inter-league.

I have made many friends over these years, with the league Board Members, Staff, Club Presidents and Committee People, coaches, players and supporters, and I hope to continue these friendships for many years to come. I will be attended YVMDFL games, if I'm lucky to be appointed to the VCFL board in a different capacity to develop our football and netball further, however, I will always have the passion for our league to progress forward, as I feel we have done over my term.

The league is in a good financial position, we have great passionate staff and a good healthy board, with experience and commitment to keep moving forward, they have all been a great support to me.

At the AGM I will be offically stepping down, as I wish to fulfil my obligations as League President, during the next few weeks we hope to secure some further board nominations and one for my position as President, to ensure there is a some transistion.

I hope everyone accepts my resignation and understands how difficult it was for me to make this decision, as I'm a person who does commit to something and gives it my all, I cannot any longer and feel the timing is right.

I'm also happy to hear of some clubs securing quality coaches and players, this is a credit to all of our clubs to progress forwards and develop their communities, well done to you all, thanks for your support and commitment to me personally and my fellow boards members. I know we haven't pleased clubs with some of our decisions, I can assure you all, I haven't had an axe to grind with anyone, the decisions have been made purely on developing our competitions.

I hope to see you all at our AGM and we can all have a beer together and a wine for the ladies.

Regards and many thanks again.

Tony (Knobby) Mitchell
League President

YVMDFL Inc

that sucks, means we have to travel out to alexandra on away games, but at least no more games at olinda which was cold as hell

Its not that bad Craig (I assume that's who Bradles 21 is - I can't think of anyone else at the club who loves Carlton and Craig Bradley as much as you and your mother) - we only have to go to Alex once a season - they have to travel every 2nd week. Think of it as a nice bonding experience with your team mates. All of you on the bus singing happy travel songs and playing "I spy with my little eye...".

Its not that bad Craig (I assume that's who Bradles 21 is - I can't think of anyone else at the club who loves Carlton and Craig Bradley as much as you and your mother) - we only have to go to Alex once a season - they have to travel every 2nd week. Think of it as a nice bonding experience with your team mates. All of you on the bus singing happy travel songs and playing "I spy with my little eye...".

phil?

I think Alex has a better oval/away rooms than a few other clubs aswell. I dont think the team bus would be too good heading up the spur, or down in that case with a couple of tinnies on board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back