Yarran gone for weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt he can throw them - taking them is a completely different issue.

The question the players were being asked was 'who would you least like to be paired up with in the boxing ring at training?' Chapman and Yarran both featured prominently. Conclusion: you haven't the slightest idea of which AFL players are good boxers.

Blood rule/concussion test has to be medium impact.
Harvey drew Selwood's blood last year and that was deemed not to be forceful enough for anything.

And the concussion test is in Yarran's favour as no concussion was detected

The question the players were being asked was 'who would you least like to be paired up with in the boxing ring at training?' Chapman and Yarran both featured prominently. Conclusion: you haven't the slightest idea of which AFL players are good boxers.
I know I don't - what I do know is who can't take a clip.

Chappy initiated it tried to jumper punch Yarran and Yarran just hooked him.

I have seen the incident and hope that Chappy didn't spend too much on those capsules. In Yarran's defense, it was probably a scratch that caused the blood rule sub. He had the boxer taped hands left hook action which is 15.6% less likely to affect SuperCoach.

6 weeks? That's a bit rough. He punched him, but he didn't run from 50 metres back, swinging his arm around in a circle, and hit him out of the stadium.

Harvey drew Selwood's blood last year and that was deemed not to be forceful enough for anything.

And the concussion test is in Yarran's favour as no concussion was detected

As far as I'm concerned, if the player has to come off to be assessed, it's medium. If concussion had been detected, there'd be no question: it would be (at least) 'high' impact. Plus, the MRP will err on the more severe side of assessments when it's an intentional act (as this undoubtedly was)

Admittedly, logic hasn't been the MRP's strong suit in recent memory, but the way I see it:

Low: Player is down on the ground and/or in obvious discomfort for ~10 seconds, before playing on.
Medium: Player is taken off for assessment, before being cleared to go back out.
High: Player is taken off and takes no further part in the game.
Severe: Player takes no further part in the game and is highly likely to miss at least one subsequent week.

Now, there's some grey involved there, for example, if the incident occurs in the last couple of minutes of the game. But I don't think that's a bad guide, with clear distinctions for each.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw it after reading about it here and hearing a bit on the radio and assumed he'd smashed him. What a ridiculous overreaction. I'd give it may be a fine, but might get 2 or 3.

The fact it was intentional means it won't be just a fine.

I honestly don't see the big deal about this. Yarran and Chapman were going at it, Chapman was facing up, and Yarran got him. So what? A couple of weeks. You're right, the way they've been going on it, you expect a Barry Hall type haymaker on an unsuspecting player. Not at all.

Lol reading these key board warriors. Probably crap your pants if Chappy just knocked on your front door.

Someone does a dog act but other behaves in a matured way and doesn't retaliate, you want to call him weak?

Lol at Hawthorn fans. You want him to do a Campbell Brown Tarzan move from the boundary?

Wow. Some of the comments here are just plain silly. I'm not saying he should be suspended for months, but a punch was thrown and it connected.

You get fined for wrestling, you get suspended for punching. Yarran will get weeks.

And this talk about Chapman being weak... Seems like everyone in this thread thinks they're a regular Mike Tyson. If you aren't expecting it, it's going to rattle you.

Seen this mentioned a few times but haven't seen any footage of it. Is it in the video on the afl page posted earlier?
Happened before the video the AFL posted further out towards the Southern Stand, the players were holding each others jumpers talking shit to each other then Chappy went to run on and did the SJ drop of the head and run into Yarran that is where the AFL video picks it up right after the headbutt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back