Yarran gone for weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, then, that the story (at least the one that I heard) of the infamous Cousins broken arm incident was that he was pushed down the stairs of a club after handling Kerr quite comfortably in a bit of a 'difference of opinions'.
All of Counsins, Kerr, Chick and Embley were fairly rough and tumble.

Cousins is actually a super nice guy, but he did have it tough in his early years. From what I have heard he had a lot of biffo come his way when he first started, lot of chip on shoulder types having a crack. He probably did something about it, however with the Kerr story, not much you can do about a sucker punch. Also, wasn't a difference of opinions, it was about Kerr's treatment of his sister.

As for Kerr he grew up like that. His old man is an angry angry man.

All of Counsins, Kerr, Chick and Embley were fairly rough and tumble.

Cousins is actually a super nice guy, but he did have it tough in his early years. From what I have heard he had a lot of biffo come his way when he first started, lot of chip on shoulder types having a crack. He probably did something about it, however with the Kerr story, not much you can do about a sucker punch. Also, wasn't a difference of opinions, it was about Kerr's treatment of his sister.

As for Kerr he grew up like that. His old man is an angry angry man.

Of course. I was trying to be coy about it. I guess it could be described as a difference of opinions though.

Should be all good they are grown men let them sort it out , shame that's not the real world though

Wow did he really say that?
Rarely do we see a player give insight into what may actually be going on.

I actually think this deserves just as much attention as the Yarran hit.
Pretty harsh on Chappy if the rumours are untrue (which you'd hope, given he's talking about it), very harsh on Yarran if the rumours are true and that that was what started it all.
It was on Triple M. Not word for word, but pretty much. Maybe someone could get the audio

Last edited:
Seeing as though Goddard pointed to Gibbs and then to his own eye to show everyone that Gibbs nailed him, what are the chances that his teammate Chappy will say " yeah, nah didn't feel it. Dunno what you blokes are on about!"?

Even on the deck and half-concussed from the cheap shot, Chapman has no trouble in fending off that pea-heart with one hand behind his back. Hopelessly outclassed and will be slapped with a couple of weeks in the stands to boot.
Chapman must really have caused some serious offended over his career, based on some of the bleating in this thread.

Even on the deck and half-concussed from the cheap shot, Chapman has no trouble in fending off that pea-heart with one hand behind his back. Hopelessly outclassed and will be slapped with a couple of weeks in the stands to boot.
Chapman must really have caused some serious offended over his career, based on some of the bleating in this thread.
Not defending Yarran but how the **** was it a cheap shot???

True, but the calls of "king hit" and "dog act" are dumb. It was nothing of the sort.
Not a kinghit but I think where the dog act is coming from is that players these days are not expecting a full left hook. You could count the amount of full punches on one hand in the last decade.
I don't really care one way or another. It was a classic left hook, I laughed and then thought "Yarran is ****ed!"

Not defending Yarran but how the **** was it a cheap shot???

Players don't expect to get punched in the head these days. Players rough each other up with jumper punches and the like. And then going on with it after Chapman has gone down dazed. No where near as tough or manly as many on here would like to think.
If it was a sport like Ice hockey or even State or Origin when you expect a few head shots then you would be half expecting them to come, but in the AFL these days you would just never expect to be hit like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Faux tough guy picks the wrong target to harrass behind play and gets freshened up.

Good for footy. Shame Yarran will get weeks.
How is it good for footy? Yarran lost his shit but gained a holiday.
Ballantyne didn't stop being a pest after Scarlett clocked him and Chapman won't stop harassing players after Yarran clocked him.
Good to watch, did nothing for the game itself.

Chapman has a big mouth and this is not the first time i have seen him go down. he would last 2 minutes in amateur footy

Got to laugh at the people who think that any regular AFL player (let alone Paul Chapman) would have the slightest problem adjusting to the 'toughness' required to play in an amateur competition. Because, of course, it's only the hard as nails AFL stars that go back to the lower levels after their time is up and dominate.

Sorry but it was a Dog act and it was by definition a king hit.

A sucker punch, also known as a one hit punch, coward-punch, or king hit (Australian English), is a punch made without warning, allowing no time for preparation or defense on the part of the recipient. The term is generally used in situations where the way in which the punch has been delivered is considered unfair or unethical

Chapman had no reason to expect a punch to be thrown so no reason to defend against one. That sort of push and shove happens 25 times a match.

Gibbs high bump - high contact, low/medium impact, reckless - 1 week or reprimand?

Goddard went down holding his head and then remonstrated with Gibbs and made sure the umpire knew just where he had been hit - free kick awarded but seen less cited

Got to laugh at the people who think that any regular AFL player (let alone Paul Chapman) would have the slightest problem adjusting to the 'toughness' required to play in an amateur competition. Because, of course, it's only the hard as nails AFL stars that go back to the lower levels after their time is up and dominate.

I was thinking the same thing. People calling Yarran's punch a dog-act - if Paul Chapman is half the man I think he is, I doubt he'd have any issue with Yarrans punch.

Like most of us who have played, I'm sure Chapman would be saying 'we had a bit of argy-bargy and he got me with a good one !'.

Having said that, Yarran deserves three weeks based on previous tribunal decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back