Yarran gone for weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
THis is something the AFL have been trying to get out of the game for a while ie punches and high contact to the head.
The one that is closest from my memory, recent times, is scarlett hitting balantyne and he got 3 weeks (it was 4 but early plea) for that from memory so could be 2-4 weeks depending on who is reviewing and how lenient / harsh they want to get??
(If MRP like last few years then punishment will be 0-22 weeks)

C7 beat up means he will get extra, looking at 3-4 weeks instead of maybe 2 weeks. If it was one of their favourites/on C7 payroll they would have mentioned it once or twice. Reminds me of the Judd/Adams chicken wing saga.

Oh I totally agree, but it's not the geeeelong way to hit someone straight up on the field, they ain't that dumb. One thing I have to grudgingly admire, the cats sure know exactly where the line is, and how far they can push it to get away with shit.

Mooney, Johnson and Scarlett are all quite clear recent contradictions to that statement. Bartel, Smedts, Kelly, Selwood and Podsiadly have all come under MRP scrutiny multiple times in recent years and even Corey Enright would have been suspended for a final in 2013, had he not been injured anyway.

The disciplinary record of Geelong's players (particularly senior players) with regards to suspensions, since the last premiership has been nothing short of appalling.

The greatest thing about "the punch heard around bigfooty" (apart from the look on Chapman's face as Yarran was 'helping' him to his feet) is that it's actually refreshing to have an on-field drama for a change. The constant off-field bs has clouded the game disproportionately for too long...

No positive concussion test. Nobody took a swab to confirm that it was actually blood on Chappy's head. Yarran did prescribe a dose that was identical to a regular punch to the head but there is no conclusive angle that shows contact. All we need now is for Chappy to not know what it was that he was hit with and the tribunal can't be comfortably satisfied. I'm expecting to see the free Yarran movement start on AFL360 tonight.

;)

If Yarran had used a smidgen of that aggression towards the ball yesterday the blues might have had half a chance. Ended up with them getting done comfortably and he'll be doing his gardening on weekends for a month or so.

The lone brightspot in a terribly dull game with no atmosphere. Probably the worst game I have seen in some time. Looked like a surprisingly small crowd for such a 'blockbuster' game. Has the supplements scandal damaged the game that much in Victoria?

The lone brightspot in a terribly dull game with no atmosphere. Probably the worst game I have seen in some time. Looked like a surprisingly small crowd for such a 'blockbuster' game. Has the supplements scandal damaged the game that much in Victoria?

Combination of Carlton supporters being disillusioned with the club and the supplements scandal ruling. There were a lot of calls for a boycott of this game specifically.

Combination of Carlton supporters being disillusioned with the club and the supplements scandal ruling. There were a lot of calls for a boycott of this game specifically.

lol

Go and find me ten supporters who boycotted this game because of scandals.

It was a Carlton home game. Carlton just don't draw crowds any more. They have a low membership base and even amongst their reserved seat bays there were slabs of empty seats.

Carlton supporters "love a winner" and their administration has made terrible calls at every turn for the last decade to ensure they don't get one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol

Go and find me ten supporters who boycotted this game because of scandals.

It was a Carlton home game. Carlton just don't draw crowds any more. They have a low membership base and even amongst their reserved seat bays there were slabs of empty seats.

Carlton supporters "love a winner" and their administration has made terrible calls at every turn for the last decade to ensure they don't get one.

I'm not surprised you are selective with your responses Bunk.

I said it was a combination of being disillusioned with the club and the supplements scandal. Go find supporters? How about reading our bloody board where posters said they were going to do this very thing.

Carlton's attendances have always outstripped our membership by a long way. You're just trying to paint the picture that the last remaining plank of mediocrity has been achieved. No, nobody would miss a blockbuster clash against the mighty Bombers ... perish the thought. Nobody cares about the scandal anymore. It's been what ... 3 weeks.

If you'll excuse me, even if we are 0-4, I might wait to see if our attendance is better in our home game against Collingwood in 2 weeks. We'll see how close we get to the 83,493 for our round 1 home game against Richmond.

I would like to see Yarran come out and use racism as the reason for the punch. Say he heard Chapman racially abuse him and that is how he reacted, hold a press conference saying he knows violence is the wrong way to go about dealing with it and acknowledging what he did was wrong but that is the first reaction that came to him when Chapman made fun of his race, draw as much public attention as he can. See how the AFL responds to that.

There is something wrong with you.

There is something wrong with you.

That was actually Chappys reasoning behind what happened... Except saying it was a rumour that he had made comments like that.

If Yarran did hear something from Chappy and that is why he responded, then he has every right to report it. (similar to the Headland-Selwood incident).
But I doubt Yarran would come out and say anything- not because something did or didnt happen, but because there is (/was?) an unwritten code of not trying to put other guys in the shit.

Last edited:
Chappy denied it straight away when it was suggested.

Sorry I edited my post to expand on that.

Of course Chappy would deny it, and give his version of it.
At the end of the day, none of us would have any idea exactly what happened... And it was only Chappys comments that suggested race may have been a factor (even if based on perceived/rumoured comments)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back