Mega Thread Yay I'm going to be a Parent - All blessed news re future hawks in here please!

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok folks, Ive been sitting on this news for 6 weeks, but I can finally join the gang that have a little one on the way. We are due on December 9th!
We wont find out what we are having, but my wife likes the name Hudson for a boy. PRetty cool, but how much crap will I get from my non hawks mates if I call my kid Hudson?

ha ha a lot less than if you called him buddy

congrats....I think Hudson is a great name

Ok folks, Ive been sitting on this news for 6 weeks, but I can finally join the gang that have a little one on the way. We are due on December 9th!
We wont find out what we are having, but my wife likes the name Hudson for a boy. PRetty cool, but how much crap will I get from my non hawks mates if I call my kid Hudson?

I like the name Hudson
Hudson Hawk.....gotta a good ring to it.

Enjoy the journey and make the most of your freedom while you can.

Great thanx mate... I will give it a look...

Remember, the midwives/nurses at the hospital are at your service. Whenever you guys are unsure just get on the blower. No matter how often you call they will help you out. For me it was a 5 step process.

1. Have the bag packed plenty in advance
2. When mum thinks something's happening call the hospital.
3. Jump in the car and off you go.
4. Hand over your lady to the professionals.
5. Rack your brain for ??? hours thinking of helpful things to do/say to your lady, to no avail.

Remember, the midwives/nurses at the hospital are at your service. Whenever you guys are unsure just get on the blower. No matter how often you call they will help you out. For me it was a 5 step process.

1. Have the bag packed plenty in advance
2. When mum thinks something's happening call the hospital.
3. Jump in the car and off you go.
4. Hand over your lady to the professionals.
5. Rack your brain for ??? hours thinking of helpful things to do/say to your lady, to no avail.
Great advice thanx for the 5 step tips..

Couldn't resist this thread.
Got a gorgeous little 1 year old who is already a 3 year member. Born in June 2011 and got the membership the day I got home from hospital, wifey thought I was ringing the relo's with the good news. They don't have a 1300 number though :)

She's a ripper . When I say what sounds does a Hawk make she yells BUDDY! When I ask what sound does a Cat make she yells BOOOO! swear I didn't teach her that.

Number 2 hawks supporter is now due and couldn't be happier! Due on the 26th of October. If this one follows the pattern of my 1st girl though and comes 3 weeks early I just might have to make the call on the GF or the birth!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been reading all of your good news and periods of anticipation and just had to join in. Wednesday 12th June 2013 marked the arrival of the Little Hawka, Banjo James :thumbsu::D:thumbsu:. I spoke to the folks who informed me that they had already signed him up Wednesday:thumbsu:. Banjo sat up with the old man on Friday night and experienced his first piece of magic:cool::p:D. Now for the all important numbered jumper, personally signed.

I would be interested in suggestions on who it should be?

I have been reading all of your good news and periods of anticipation and just had to join in. Wednesday 12th June 2013 marked the arrival of the Little Hawka, Banjo James :thumbsu::D:thumbsu:. I spoke to the folks who informed me that they had already signed him up Wednesday:thumbsu:. Banjo sat up with the old man on Friday night and experienced his first piece of magic:cool::p:D. Now for the all important numbered jumper, personally signed.

Wow! Massive congrats and welcome Banjo to the Hawk family!
Can't go wrong with 15 or 5 imo.

27 days to go, but we are getting ready for an early arrival...
Nerves starting to kick in..

5 weeks 1 day here.
You been told bubs will arrive early by the quacks?
Got a midwives appointment tomorrow, we should get an estimated eta then I think.
I'm not nervous yet, just hate the unknown of the date and time. Wish it was here already, just hanging out to meet our little person big time!

Couldn't resist this thread.
Got a gorgeous little 1 year old who is already a 3 year member. Born in June 2011 and got the membership the day I got home from hospital, wifey thought I was ringing the relo's with the good news. They don't have a 1300 number though :)

She's a ripper . When I say what sounds does a Hawk make she yells BUDDY! When I ask what sound does a Cat make she yells BOOOO! swear I didn't teach her that.

Number 2 hawks supporter is now due and couldn't be happier! Due on the 26th of October. If this one follows the pattern of my 1st girl though and comes 3 weeks early I just might have to make the call on the GF or the birth!!!

Sounds similar to my little man, born in 2010. I made him the member the night he was born. His favourite toy is a little Hawka!

27 days to go, but we are getting ready for an early arrival...
Nerves starting to kick in..

There's nothing to be nervous about. Being a Dad is easy - you just need to be there for them, give them lots of hugs and kisses, encourage them and discipline them. The biggest thing is, ensure they never end up with a Collingwood, Swans or Bombers fan.

There's nothing to be nervous about. Being a Dad is easy - you just need to be there for them, give them lots of hugs and kisses, encourage them and discipline them. The biggest thing is, ensure they never end up with a Collingwood, Swans or Bombers fan.

Or a Geelong fan, add Carlton to that too

I reckon as its his first year , you can't beat number 1!
I know no-one wears it, it's for members, but its perfect!
I know when me and my wife are lucky enough to experience what you guys are experiencing, I'll be doing exactly that
(And when he/she outgrows it I'll be framing it and putting it next to my framed & signed Dunstall, Platten, Langford, Pritchard and M Tuck jumpers!)
All the very best to all of you , you lucky people!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Yay I'm going to be a Parent - All blessed news re future hawks in here please!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back