Mega Thread Yay I'm going to be a Parent - All blessed news re future hawks in here please!

Remove this Banner Ad

Usually every Xmas we only had a handful of presents under our tree for our nieces and nephews, but this year it has double the amount of presents and most of them were for our little girl.
This Xmas is the first time I actually felt like it was Xmas since I was a kid and it was the best ever Xmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually every Xmas we only had a handful of presents under our tree for our nieces and nephews, but this year it has double the amount of presents and most of them were for our little girl.
This Xmas is the first time I actually felt like it was Xmas since I was a kid and it was the best ever Xmas!

Great bloody post. I actually feel like a kid again.
Writing a Santa letter. Leaving food for him and the Reindeer.
Getting a ridiculous amount of Hawthorn stuff for bub. (Our house looks like the Hawksnest)
Having kids makes Christmas awesome again.
Had a blast! Can't wait till he can walk so we can kick the footy together.
He got his first footy from Santa. Hurry up little man and walk... LOL
This ride just keeps getting better and better.
Had our first solids today! Wow!
Merry Christmas to all the parents.

I, too, have added another little Hawk to the nest on December 20th. A little girl named Tahlia. Our 1st baby. Best time of my life. Even better than the premierships. Already dreaming of the 1st time I can take her along to a game.
Huge congrats mate... Perfect Xmas present...

I, too, have added another little Hawk to the nest on December 20th. A little girl named Tahlia. Our 1st baby. Best time of my life. Even better than the premierships. Already dreaming of the 1st time I can take her along to a game.

Well done mate
All the best to yourself , your wife and little Tahlia

Well that was a great game to welcome the newest Hawks member to our family. We had a baby boy named Ashton last Sunday morning and the Hawks turned it on for us :D. We sat there watching footy together for the first time last night and he smiled the whole time. Great first game for him to watch.

ps. I know he can't see much past his nose at the moment and the smiles were gas, but I like my original story and I am sticking to it.

Well that was a great game to welcome the newest Hawks member to our family. We had a baby boy named Ashton last Sunday morning and the Hawks turned it on for us :D. We sat there watching footy together for the first time last night and he smiled the whole time. Great first game for him to watch.

ps. I know he can't see much past his nose at the moment and the smiles were gas, but I like my original story and I am sticking to it.
Fantastic!!!!

Congrats mate, that's great news.

My partner and I are now officially 2 days overdue for our first. Got the phone glued to my hip awaiting the call.

Thanks mate. My daughter was in bed or else it would have been a family hawks game (even though my partner hates the footy). Time to get on and get a baby membership I think. DO they count to the member numbers?
Absolutely mate. Great watching with the family , I had my son with me, and my wife.We loved it, my son is 24 though and I have thoroughly brain washed him from birth , ha ha. My other two boys live in Melbourne and were on the sms all game, my daughter is married but I've brain washed her and her husband who now wanders around Perth with a Hawk T shirt on, well sometimes. So we belong to the family as well, good on you mate.

Absolutely mate. Great watching with the family , I had my son with me, and my wife.We loved it, my son is 24 though and I have thoroughly brain washed him from birth , ha ha. My other two boys live in Melbourne and were on the sms all game, my daughter is married but I've brain washed her and her husband who now wanders around Perth with a Hawk T shirt on, well sometimes. So we belong to the family as well, good on you mate.

Yep my Daughter is a hawks supporter and has been able to sing the song since she was about 3. I get her to razz up the in-laws a fair bit (Crows / Sydney supporters). My Dad, my uncle (mums brother) and 2 of my cousins are mad Hawks supporters so I have good company when I get back to Melbourne. Baby Hawks supporters stuff is already on its way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have all been busy of late
Mustn't be much on tv over the summer !!
My partner and I are due for number 3 in August, she hasn't been crook at all this time which is great
Number 3 will be it for us though, I might have to start saying no to her ......:)

We have all been busy of late
Mustn't be much on tv over the summer !!
My partner and I are due for number 3 in August, she hasn't been crook at all this time which is great
Number 3 will be it for us though, I might have to start saying no to her ......:)
Big congrats dude! My little gal is 9 months old - just starting to get mobile so child proofing the house is a big priority! Alas she is a Pie like my wife (son Gram a mad Hawk tho)
Enjoy!

Not a parent but recently became an uncle.
The other person's family are hinting rugby will be the code of choice, but my sister and the rest of my side of the family swear black and blue that his priority will be aussie rules.

Furthermore her boyfriend reckons he's going to follow Essendon, all of us are like "over our dead body, he's born into a Hawthorn family"

Am wrapt to announce the arrival of another Hawk to the nest...our first, a beautiful little girl Ruby Willow, born on Sunday 6/4/14 at 4.55pm. Weighed in at 8p 4oz, and is as happy and healthy as can be.
Mum had a really tough time of it during labour...I look at that woman through new eyes now I tell you. She was an absolute warrior- I wish I had half her courage and strength.
Anyway, she's on the mend, and we're both so stoked to have our little girl home with us now.

Massive congrats to you and your family OneEyed' and welcome to the fold Ruby Willow.

I have been reading all of your good news and periods of anticipation and just had to join in. Wednesday 12th June 2013 marked the arrival of the Little Hawka, Banjo James :thumbsu::D:thumbsu:. I spoke to the folks who informed me that they had already signed him up Wednesday:thumbsu:. Banjo sat up with the old man on Friday night and experienced his first piece of magic:cool::p:D. Now for the all important numbered jumper, personally signed.

I would be interested in suggestions on who it should be?

Well Banjo dragged me to the "G" Friday night. Pure gold. His first live game. Poor little fella, he thinks life is so easy.

We have settled on the 23 for Timmy O.

Hey all new Dads.
I need some advice, our little girl is turning the big ONE next month and my Sister in law wants to have her ears pearced. I think my Wife kind of liked the idea, but I'm a bit old fashioned and I realy don't feel comfortable having my little girls ears pearced when she is just a baby and I want to hear what others feel or think about this?

Hey all new Dads.
I need some advice, our little girl is turning the big ONE next month and my Sister in law wants to have her ears pearced. I think my Wife kind of liked the idea, but I'm a bit old fashioned and I realy don't feel comfortable having my little girls ears pearced when she is just a baby and I want to hear what others feel or think about this?
Got two little girls ......waited till they were old enough to say yes or no to
a. the pain
b.and that its long term
Both were 5 by the time we had it done .

Hey all new Dads.

Don't do it yet. She is far too young..Mine were all in there teens when they had it done.. Personally, I don't like babies have their ears pierced..But that's your opinion...

Hey all new Dads.

I'm an old mum not a new dad but my opinion is that piercing should be a personal decision and one she makes herself. My husbands family are European and wanted my youngest daughter done but our eldest who my sister took without permission got badly infected as she had a reaction to the metal used and so we didn't allow it. She still doesn't and is now 21 - it never interested her (she does have piercings elsewhere)

Lots have no problems and the decision is yours and your wife and she is the one who has to care for them - at least it's out the way I suppose.

Thanx Dasher, LMH and CP I feel much better now. It's good to get the option of the mums in here too.
I always said from the start that when she is old enough to say yes or no is when I will be ready.
Also I read that it can be infected so I will have to stand my ground I think and wait..

Thanx Dasher, LMH and CP I feel much better now. It's good to get the option of the mums in here too.
I always said from the start that when she is old enough to say yes or no is when I will be ready.
Also I read that it can be infected so I will have to stand my ground I think and wait..

Don't take even the slightest chance of it getting infected. An ex-girlfriend of mine got her ears pierced and was in agony for about two weeks as her lobe blew up and filled with pus.

As you might know already even a small infection in a young child causes all sorts of carnage.

Big no from me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Yay I'm going to be a Parent - All blessed news re future hawks in here please!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back