Toast You Won't Really Know What We've Got Till He's Gone

Remove this Banner Ad

The title probably isn't 100% accurate as we all know what level of performance he has inspired us to but I put out a plea to anyone who hasn't seen this man play live to do everything within their power to get to as many games as possible over the next 3-4 years.

Judd isn't going to be the sort of hack like B. Harvey or F. Gehrig whose egos refuse/d to let them quit. He'll wake up one day and that will be it - no roaming the forward line snagging the odd sympathy goal for him in semi-retirement. He'll retire whilst still on top and move on with his life.

He is already pushing up to top dozen best of all time. Don't let the opportunity to tell your kids you saw him go around at the G or other venue go by.

Inter-staters, students, people with kids and financial commitments - I am well aware of the bucks it can take to get to a game in Melbourne. Just reckon this fella is in a class of his own and it would be a real shame to never see him in the flesh.

Out of interest is their anyone on this board who hasn't witnessed his feats live? Think I'm still in a state of minor shock after his exploits last night - starting threads isn't usually my bag. Go you beautiful Baggers!!

I don't know if I've seen such an emotional Thy post in my short time here!

I've seen him play 4 times in a Carlton jumper and I went to a few Eagles games at Subi in 2005-2006, they were purely amazing watching Cousins, Judd & Kerr destroy opposition midfields.

Will be hoping to go interstate this season and hopefully he plays in Perth in August.

My wife watched the bloody wedding last night. Went through a box of kleenex she did.
So did I watching Judd play.

My wife watched the bloody wedding last night. Went through a box of kleenex she did.
So did I watching Judd play.

Only one box?!?!

Must have been using these ones...

49v.jpg

:p

Never really seen anyone say this, in fact quite a lot push the opposite line, but in terms of seeing individual performances I prefer watching games at home.

I'm not a screen watcher at live games, so while I get to see the work off the ball that the cameras obviously don't always capture, I miss being able to see the skills up close when the ball is at the far side/end of the ground.

That applies for the average game week in week out - in terms of a performance like last night, I don't imagine you could have noticed anything but that amazing display by Judd.

Planning a move to Melbourne at some stage that should see me there at the start of the next season. Never seen a game in Melbourne let alone a blockbuster, so certainly excited at the prospect of being a regular at live games, but I think I will still get just as much pleasure staying at home watching the boys.

Certainly agree that you want to see Judd live a couple of times, though I assume most genuine supporters have by now. However you get to see him, all lovers of our game are going to look back and feel privileged to have witnessed this champion player.

Never really seen anyone say this, in fact quite a lot push the opposite line, but in terms of seeing individual performances I prefer watching games at home.

I'm not a screen watcher at live games, so while I get to see the work off the ball that the cameras obviously don't always capture, I miss being able to see the skills up close when the ball is at the far side/end of the ground.

I do like watching Carlton games on TV now and then, to get a different perspective but there's quite liking watching it at the ground.

Initially I probably preferred watching at home but after a few years now of watching us regularly live, my opinion's swayed the other way. Get a far better understanding of structures and game plans, who's working hard off the ball, who's doing the team things, repeat leads, talking on the ground, etc.

Channel 7 seem to love zooming so far in you can't see anything outside a 20 metre radius. Often you see a player turn it over and blame them, whereas at the ground you'd realise they had no other option as there was nobody to kick to.

Judd's best is probably better viewed on TV where you get a close up of the in contested stuff, but I love watching Gibbs live, even if he can meander along at times. He's so creative with his disposals and watching him kick it to a forward's advantage is a pleasure to watch. Don't get the same appreciation for vision and precision on the TV.

He was so hot last night that he had steam coming off his lucious bald head during the interview with Tim Watson.

Nah but seriously i've seen him play at least two dozen times live. Lucky for me i live in Melbourne.

Absolute star he is and i hope he retires on a massive high when he does :)

Great post, we went to see him in his first game for the CFC v Richmond, big anticipation prior the game if you recall, Judd and Cousins, the ball bounced, tapped down and within the first few seconds he had the ball and was off, the crowd around the MCG just went collectively WOOOOAAAAAA...it was amazing .. we lost unfortunately.
Seen him play quite a bit, but last year after suspension those first few games back, the Sydney final last year and last night, oooh la la

In the last quarter last night, at a stoppage, he had something like 4 players hanging off him, and he still got the ball out, he IS the best hands down at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have only seen him a handful of times, one being at the elimination final last year... was in awe watching him in the 3rd literally drag us back into the contest.

Was at the game last night,
I've seen quite a bit of Chris Judd since his move the Blues,
Last night confirmed to me he is the greatest player I've seen (regularly live).

Is he the best player to play for West Coast?

Is he the best player to play for Carlton?

i have seen him off memory about 33 times (every home game since he came minus the game he missed in 08 and rounds 1 and 3 last year) and i must admit you do not realise his brilliance live, on TV you get to see why he is just so good at this game. Mainly because it is hard to analyse stoppages live.

The title probably isn't 100% accurate as we all know what level of performance he has inspired us to but I put out a plea to anyone who hasn't seen this man play live to do everything within their power to get to as many games as possible over the next 3-4 years.

Judd isn't going to be the sort of hack like B. Harvey or F. Gehrig whose egos refuse/d to let them quit. He'll wake up one day and that will be it - no roaming the forward line snagging the odd sympathy goal for him in semi-retirement. He'll retire whilst still on top and move on with his life.

He is already pushing up to top dozen best of all time. Don't let the opportunity to tell your kids you saw him go around at the G or other venue go by.

Inter-staters, students, people with kids and financial commitments - I am well aware of the bucks it can take to get to a game in Melbourne. Just reckon this fella is in a class of his own and it would be a real shame to never see him in the flesh.

Out of interest is their anyone on this board who hasn't witnessed his feats live? Think I'm still in a state of minor shock after his exploits last night - starting threads isn't usually my bag. Go you beautiful Baggers!!

You peanut Brent Harvey would be our second or third best player right now.

Pathetic post champ

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast You Won't Really Know What We've Got Till He's Gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back