Young tall Forwards we have not discussed so far ?

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Ed Barlow from Sydney is possibly underated due to living in the shadow of Big Bad Barry for to long.

I also don't mind Michael Newton of Melbourne, who I would imagine only got haphazard delivery at best from the Demon midfield.

Both have around 0.8 contested marks per match, which isn't bad.

Everyone on the list is under 22, so unlike with Hansen I doubt injury should be an issue. Grima got 55 goals in the SANFL this year, I know he missed round 2 due to suspension, but I don't think he missed many other games through injury.

What about Mitch Brown from the Eagles. He's the twin of Collingwoods Nathan Brown but is more of a forward. Big brute, with good hands and is young. Had a knee reco pre season last season but could be a gun. Any thoughts?

What about Mitch Brown from the Eagles. He's the twin of Collingwoods Nathan Brown but is more of a forward. Big brute, with good hands and is young. Had a knee reco pre season last season but could be a gun. Any thoughts?

Are you sure they are offering him around? I don't think they are but if so he cost them a late first rounder (something like 17) so how do we get him?

Why the hell would someone trade a young gun tall to the Bulldogs - they are a rare commodity and because of poor planning you have none :thumbsdown:

The best you'll get is a C-grade forward in Boyle or Hansen; I'd wait until Grant develops into his body rather than get a player that will probably not do the job for you in the big games (ala Welsh).

The only way you'll get a young gun is to trade a Top 10 pick and a top player :cool:

Why the hell would someone trade a young gun tall to the Bulldogs - they are a rare commodity and because of poor planning you have none :thumbsdown:

The best you'll get is a C-grade forward in Boyle or Hansen; I'd wait until Grant develops into his body rather than get a player that will probably not do the job for you in the big games (ala Welsh).

The only way you'll get a young gun is to trade a Top 10 pick and a top player :cool:
U keep thinking that someone would give up a top 10 pick and a top player for hughes :thumbsdown:

U keep thinking that someone would give up a top 10 pick and a top player for hughes :thumbsdown:

Who the hell is Hughes :confused:

If you're referring to Cleve Hughes from Richmond; well he's worth pick 40+ :eek:

I'm a Lions member; and if for some reason we wanted to trade you guys Mitch Clark or Lachie Henderson, then yep, Top 10 pick + gun player :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No problemo.....we had superstar Aker for 3 premierships, you have servicible Aker for 0 premierships.

But keep taking those older types to try and steal a flag :rolleyes:

Not gonna happen :p

That's not the case. Aker was brought in to add some experience while our next crop developed.

If we have some success while Aker is here that's great, but the club is building for success over the next 2 to 3+ years.

He is rite.. No one will give us a ready made forward to help us win a flag.. If were going to have a good KPP, it will have to come from within..

I believe that Thorp is getting annoyed that he will never run the show at Hawthorn. Has a bit of a 5 cent head. Dowler was very highly regarded as a junior but like the guy we got from Colliingwood as a rookie, big blokes after recos are very dodgy. Especially if we want to break packs.

That's not the case. Aker was brought in to add some experience while our next crop developed.

If we have some success while Aker is here that's great, but the club is building for success over the next 2 to 3+ years.

Bullshit - when Aker came to the Kennel you had Johnson, West, etc etc in their prime and the only need for an Aker was to be the matchwinner :cool:

You have to be carefull when recruiting the likes of Hudson, Aker, Welsh and finishing near the top of the ladder - if you don't get the flag you go backwards in terms of development, both in the kids and in recruiting the next young gun.

In the end Aker was recruited as the cherry on the Bulldgos cake.

I believe that Thorp is getting annoyed that he will never run the show at Hawthorn. Has a bit of a 5 cent head. Dowler was very highly regarded as a junior but like the guy we got from Colliingwood as a rookie, big blokes after recos are very dodgy. Especially if we want to break packs.

Tom Davidson unfortunately had 2 knee reconstructions. He was worth a punt as a rookie.

Thanks for the well meaning caring advice ......cough

[/quote
Are you saying that our head of recriting Scott Clayton has stuffed up?? We have this goose called Tempo who posts hear he constantly cans Clayton for the problem of not recruiting to fill a strategic gaps as he has gone for mid feilders despite needing talls - Franklin. Hasnt identied week draft talent and traded picks eg Ray And saw more talent in Jordon Mc Mahon than Daniel Kerr to name a few. despite being the best recruiter in the universe...
You my friend are on shaky ground and I will thank you for not polluting our forum with common sense ever again

You are just negative negative negative

[/quote
Are you saying that our head of recriting Scott Clayton has stuffed up?? We have this goose called Tempo who posts hear he constantly cans Clayton for the problem of not recruiting to fill a strategic gaps as he has gone for mid feilders despite needing talls - Franklin. Hasnt identied week draft talent and traded picks eg Ray And saw more talent in Jordon Mc Mahon than Daniel Kerr to name a few. despite being the best recruiter in the universe...
You my friend are on shaky ground and I will thank you for not polluting our forum with common sense ever again

You are just negative negative negative

I just call it as I see it ;)

You didn't have a pick prior to Franklin being picked up did you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Young tall Forwards we have not discussed so far ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back