Workshop Your 2013 Jumper Ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GWS

Kit 1:
5obfw2.png

Current home, but with a mainly charcoal back (stolen from their clash guernsey).

Kit 2:
2ch5mhf.png

Worn in Canberra games.

Kit 3:
1z4j2j6.png

Clash guernsey.

Richmond

Kit 1:
n3og4.png

Duh.

Kit 2:
295wit2.png

Not sure about this tbh. Could use a little more black. Thoughts?

Kit 3:
qysvis.png

I don't care if WC wore this earlier, Richmond can wear it now.

St. Kilda.

Kit 1:
34oypzb.png

I love their current home.

Kit 2:
hv2stu.png

I don't mind their current clash.

Kit 3:
dxh7no.png

Their clash guernsey from early century. Also a nod to history in terms of yellow and how it was worn during the war.

To do:
Hawthorn
North Melbourne
And they will be done soon. I have Tasmania-related ideas for their third kits, which I'm sure everybody will love.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Adelaide - Home

Old saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Port Adelaide currently have the best jumper in the AFL. Only change I made is getting rid of the "1870" on the back and slight changes to the shorts.

Port Adelaide - Clash

Slight changes to the shorts and made the socks more white. Only change to the jumper is getting rid of the "1870" on the back.

Kit 2:
hv2stu.png

I don't mind their current clash.

Kit 3:
dxh7no.png

Their clash guernsey from early century. Also a nod to history in terms of yellow and how it was worn during the war.
A nod to the good people at Pura Milk?

And I like the current Saints clash. It's pretty original, but it isn't tacky. However, I'm a fan of clubs utilising their history or regular jumpers as much as possible. Elongating the middle panel, and creating an all white back (GF 2010 style) would be the best result... it's basically a whiter version of their home jumper.

Here's a bit of a question for NRL aficionados...

So I always thought it was original for the South Sydney Rabbitohs to have two jumpers. One has white shorts and sidepanels, the other black. So is this purely to erase the need for a clash strip? Or is there some historical link I'm missed out on?

31392_4_1.jpg

r167497_624007.jpg

South-Sydney-Rabbitohs-NRL-6231199.jpg

With this in mind, could an AFL club do the same? Richmond seem to like their yellow panelled 'clash' (term used loosely). So if they teamed it with yellow shorts, could that be an acceptable clash strip? Or, what about another club? Could someone else interchange minor details to create a vastly different coloured (in terms of the light/dark dichotomy) guernsey?

I loved that about the Rabbitohs. Simple yet quite effective in getting rid of clashes. In a real world situation, Richmond could "copy" them using white side-panels and shorts. Like this:

f10h2r.png

Anyway, I'm 99% sure that the first two St. Kilda kits would remove clashes for every single game, but what I was going for with these kits I'm making is polar opposites of guernseys during games. This contrast is aesthetically pleasing to me.

South Sydney's jersey is mostly green. Only one other club in the NRL wear green (Canberra) so they don't need an alternate/clash jersey unless if they play Canberra. So they don't really need an away jersey that eliminates clashes unless if playing Canberra. So they have their home (red and green, with black sidepanels), away is red and green with white sidepanels and their alternate is white with red and green sash.

The traditional Souths jersey is just red and green hoops that go around.

Who cares about NRL, back to these. They are good as ;)

St Kilda - Home

Status quo.

St Kilda - Clash

Back to 2009/2010 version as it the jumper was absolutely perfect for St Kilda. They should be forced to return to it and never be allowed to change it ever again. Only change I made from that kit is the socks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back