Teams Your 2014 SC team Version 4.0 (Post NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always start off wanting the overall title of course. Have a high interest in having a real crack on the overall title however I am in a reasonably high stakes cash league so have to keep an eye on that too. Trying to work how to squeeze in one more MID premo but really see the money as being crucial this season with the lack of money making options on other lines!

So just to clarify, you don't think it is a capable MID line for an overall win, is it fine from a league perspective or would it need to be altered for both reasons? Just interested in your take on things. :cool: :thumbsu:

i am thinking exactly the same, my gut feel is to risk it, but i am very very nervous.
SCV 21.jpg

That is a decent point, however i guess it still holds up compared to some of the other backlines i have seen posted on here even with one of those guys in the MIDs. :p
Ah really touch and go, Priddis off of Simpson would leave me about 1000 left in the bank:oops:. I would have to push Daisy back down to a rookie to accomodate that. Its really tough to find balance as for the bye structure I thought the setup I had was reasonably well planned out! :mad:
Could get rid of Hurn & Daisy, push McDonald back & buy in a rookie and Watson or Barlow (Would really like a Round 9 Premo though as I am light on for Premos in that round and pretty full up for Round 10. Want to avoid Round 8 and just jump the byes as they come if possible.

So to sum that up
Hurn -> Rookie Mid or Def (McDonald allows this)
Thomas -> Approximately Griffen down

Would more than likely look at a rookie DEF if possible to leave my DPP option open. Anyone come to mind?

Cheers
I really don't trust any of the defense rookies apart from McDonald! So I would switch McDonald back, downgrade Hurn OR Simpson, your choice, then downgrade Daisy to a mid rookie, read the mid rookies thread if you can't find one because I can't think of any off the top of my head, and then I would upgrade to Watson, or if you're looking for a round 9 mid Boak is a good option I think.

So basically it will be:

Out: Hurn, Thomas
In: Watson, mid rookie that will most likely be on your bench but let's say Ellis for argument's sake.

Being conservative:

Thomas=90-95 average, Hurn=90-95 average. Overall 180-190

Watson=110-115 average, Ellis=85 average. Overall 190-195

It should net you at least a 5 PPG increase, if not more. But maybe I'm just rambling :p

First attempt and first season I'm actually going to try. Where did I (or where did I not) screw up?

View attachment 46569
KK, Taylor, Honeychurch, Georgiou all aren't playing round 1. Jack Martin isn't a good rookie, as he won't score too well due to his light body. Try reading a few posts around here and in the rookies thread to get a better idea of what rookies you should be going for :)

I also don't think Bartel will do that well this year, maybe trade him down to Simpson? It should allow you to Kolodjashnij --> Webster as well.

this might be my final side, liking it very much so far, not sure what else i can do

100k left over for future trades/upgrades.

i know the ruck combo is risky, hoping it will pay off!

im not sure on tippet? will he gets games for the kangas?

will cripps be in carltons best 22?

thanks in advance!

vudu.png

KK, Taylor, Honeychurch, Georgiou all aren't playing round 1. Jack Martin isn't a good rookie, as he won't score too well due to his light body. Try reading a few posts around here and in the rookies thread to get a better idea of what rookies you should be going for :)

I also don't think Bartel will do that well this year, maybe trade him down to Simpson? It should allow you to Kolodjashnij --> Webster as well.
Bartel is a hard one isn't he? He's been in my team from the start and I know what will happen now that I've taken him out... hers my team after a bit of shuffling, I'm pretty convinced on Higgins rather than Caddy, I know we hear all about how well hes going every pre-season, but he's out of contract at the end of this year so he has to do something!

sc.png

Changes to my squad from previous lineup
Simpson (FWD/MID) ---> Dangerfield (MID/FWD)
Roughead (FWD) ---> Riewoldt (FWD)
Crouch (MID) ----> Lemmens (MID)
Ellis (MID) ----> Simpson (FWD/MID)

This is my final squad, going into R1
Def: K. Simpson, P. Duffield, D. Swallow, M. Clisby, M. Suckling, J. Laidler (K. McIntosh (E), J. Lockyer)
Mid: A. Cooney, C. Sylvia, I. Smith, D. Thomas, M. White, B. Jacobs, J. Martin, V. Michie (X. Ellis (E), M. Crouch)
Ruc: P. Ryder, M. Gawn (J. Ceglar (E), M. Apeness)
Fwd: P. Dangerfield (C), B. Harvey, J. Roughead (VC), S. Dwyer, A. Hall, L. Jones (K. Harper, J. Paine (E))

Bartel is a hard one isn't he? He's been in my team from the start and I know what will happen now that I've taken him out... hers my team after a bit of shuffling, I'm pretty convinced on Higgins rather than Caddy, I know we hear all about how well hes going every pre-season, but he's out of contract at the end of this year so he has to do something!

View attachment 46572
If Bartel was only 500K I'd be all over him, but 572K or so? Way too expensive.

As for your team, I like it. I don't personally like a couple of your premo choices, but that's just personal taste! Like if it were me I would downgrade Swan and Cox down to some other premos, and upgrade Suckling to Swallow, but like I said that's just personal choice, can't really fault your team though.:thumbsu:

Changes to my squad from previous lineup
Simpson (FWD/MID) ---> Dangerfield (MID/FWD)
Roughead (FWD) ---> Riewoldt (FWD)
Crouch (MID) ----> Lemmens (MID)
Ellis (MID) ----> Simpson (FWD/MID)

This is my final squad, going into R1
Def: K. Simpson, P. Duffield, D. Swallow, M. Clisby, M. Suckling, J. Laidler (K. McIntosh (E), J. Lockyer)
Mid: A. Cooney, C. Sylvia, I. Smith, D. Thomas, M. White, B. Jacobs, J. Martin, V. Michie (X. Ellis (E), M. Crouch)
Ruc: P. Ryder, M. Gawn (J. Ceglar (E), M. Apeness)
Fwd: P. Dangerfield (C), B. Harvey, J. Roughead (VC), S. Dwyer, A. Hall, L. Jones (K. Harper, J. Paine (E))
how many players in your team do u think will be top 10 in their position come years end?
way too many average midpricers and rethink your mids

Having seen Roughead first hand on Sunday. If you don't have him in your side, your behind the 8 - ball.

Kicked 7, 27 possessions, 10 marks or something like that. Big numbers for a KPF in my book.

he did play against the casey seconds tho??

I love ruffy but lets not get carried away.

yoda i reckon even your wrinkly left leg could snag a couple of goals against the dees

My thoughts are that you should give feedback instead of just throwing your own team up to be looked at.

Anyways

Murphy > Tyson

georgiou > someone around the 450k mark
I just went Murphy > Tyson
Hampson > Leuy

Giving me the team of

B: McVeigh, Mitchell, Enright, Suckling, Webster, Mcdonald, Langford, Langdon
M: Pendles, Watson, Libba, Beams, Tyson, Michie, Polec, Ellis, Crouch, Dunstan
R: Luey, Sandi, Thurlow, King
F: Danger, Martin, Parker, Gunston, Caddy, Higgins, JKH, Impey

With 109K in the bank.

I dont think it is worth upgrading suckling to someone like Swallow.

Not set on Leuy in the ruck, Pyke is an option or I go with Goldy, Cox or Minson

Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hampson > Leuy

Giving me the team of

With 109K in the bank.

Not set on Leuy in the ruck, Pyke is an option or I go with Goldy, Cox or Minson

Thoughts?
Defence is to risky imo. Suckling (not a guaranteed starter) and Webster along with Caddy and Higgins in the forward line is playing with fire.

I think at least 1 of Suckers or Webster needs to be swapped to a premo.

Defence is to risky imo. Suckling (not a guaranteed starter) and Webster along with Caddy and Higgins in the forward line is playing with fire.

Easier said than done. That team looks pretty good to be, Suckling is a bit iffy.

ok.......

DEF - Mitchell , Hanley , S Shaw , Laidler , Langford , Tippett ( Georgiou , Langdon )

MID - Gaj , Pendles , Dangerfield , Vince , Vlastuin , Whitfield , Mayes , Daisy ( McDonald , Dunstan )

RUC - Nicholls , Sandi ( Currie , Derickx )

FWD - Wingard , J Kennedy , Cameron ( :D ) , Knights , Hunter , Rohan ( Kennedy-Harris , Honeychurch )

$330k left

That Backline =

With a few injuries and suspensions for the hawks I think Suckling manages to avoid the vest, especially early on. I cant upgrade suckling to a premo unless I make another trade elsewhere.

Caddy has had a good preseason, and with the likes of Christiansen and Motlop out injured he should see decent midfield time early in the season.

Higgins is a risk, but I dont like the forward rookies and I see him scoring better than Rohan.

Webster as mentioned on here before should see a lot of the ball and looks like he wont be sub affected. Good DE%

If i downgrade Luey to Pyke I can only afford Hurn or Swallow.

With a few injuries and suspensions for the hawks I think Suckling manages to avoid the vest, especially early on. I cant upgrade suckling to a premo unless I make another trade elsewhere.

Caddy has had a good preseason, and with the likes of Christiansen and Motlop out injured he should see decent midfield time early in the season.

Higgins is a risk, but I dont like the forward rookies and I see him scoring better than Rohan.

Webster as mentioned on here before should see a lot of the ball and looks like he wont be sub affected. Good DE%

If i downgrade Luey to Pyke I can only afford Hurn or Swallow.

Downgrade McVeigh to Hanley/Simpson, upgrade Suckling to Swallow/Hurn.

Hampson > Leuy

Giving me the team of

With 109K in the bank.

Thoughts?

I had Leuey but after reading the Brisbane board, the think that West being there will mean he'll only get ~70% ruck time and I'm not sure how much of an impact he can make as a forward.

Haven't had much time to play with my team this year. Thoughts?

I know I've gone heavy in the midfield and yet am still missing a Pendles, Selwood, etc, but I just see a lot of value in the guys I've got in there. I've got $180,400 in the bank so can still make some rather decent sized changes if need be.

LuQb9mF.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back