Teams Your 2014 SC team Version 5.0 (Final adjustments)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok.......

DEF - Mitchell , Hanley , S Shaw , Laidler , Langford , Tippett ( Georgiou , Langdon )

MID - Gaj , Pendles , Dangerfield , Vince , Vlastuin , Whitfield , Mayes , Daisy ( McDonald , Dunstan )

RUC - Nicholls , Sandi ( Currie , Derickx )

FWD - Wingard , J Kennedy , Cameron ( :D ) , Knights , Hunter , Rohan ( Kennedy-Harris , Honeychurch )

$330k left

ok.......

DEF - Mitchell , Hanley , S Shaw , Laidler , Langford , Tippett ( Georgiou , Langdon )

MID - Gaj , Pendles , Dangerfield , Vince , Vlastuin , Whitfield , Mayes , Daisy ( McDonald , Dunstan )

RUC - Nicholls , Sandi ( Currie , Derickx )

FWD - Wingard , J Kennedy , Cameron ( :D ) , Knights , Hunter , Rohan ( Kennedy-Harris , Honeychurch )

$330k left
Where u score your weed from?

The old thread was getting quite large and cluttered so I thought I'd start a fresh one for our final hours before the season is upon us.

Yeah I normally prefer to follow a guns & rookies approach too. It would be huge reward if your back and forward rookies can bob up with quality scores will have you sitting pretty, I just have huge doubts that this will happen though. You have a point with the 30 trades you have a chance to correct if you suddenly feel like you need to change it. Might be an idea to try and leave a little bit of cash for wiggle room if you find yourself needing to alter your side early on.

I have left a nice little $74,000 in the bag for any changes i may like to make. Have good reasoning for each and every one of the guys I've picked. From Roughead (who was immense on the weekend, just following on from last year when he outscored Franklin, Gunston and Hale as the leading Hawks SC forward) to Kade Simpson (mr reliable in super coach after averaging 90+ for the past 5 years).

It really is all about picking the correct rookies and then holding fire until the time is absolutely right to trade out.

he did play against the casey seconds tho??

I love ruffy but lets not get carried away.

yoda i reckon even your wrinkly left leg could snag a couple of goals against the dees

Just a few random thoughts on Roughead. At his prime age, he is set to take the comp by storm since the ever unreliable Lance 'Buddy' Franklin ha$ now departed. The fact that Roughead kicks goals from marks, in general play and on the ground shows he is not a one - trick pony (Hello Travis Cloke). He is set to play some midfield minutes if Sunday is any indication (think Pavlich of his true glory years where even he averaged 20 + possessions apparently playing as a KPF - more like a big rover at times). Playing in a top side, he is only going to play with confidence, and with confidence comes success. If he is not in the top 5 forwards come years end (injury pending of course) I will glady take my reputation and not post in this very forum under Yoda_ again.

May as well start with my own. Any advice would be appreciated.

vxlzyp.png

I really don't trust any of the defense rookies apart from McDonald! So I would switch McDonald back, downgrade Hurn OR Simpson, your choice, then downgrade Daisy to a mid rookie, read the mid rookies thread if you can't find one because I can't think of any off the top of my head, and then I would upgrade to Watson, or if you're looking for a round 9 mid Boak is a good option I think.

So basically it will be:

Out: Hurn, Thomas
In: Watson, mid rookie that will most likely be on your bench but let's say Ellis for argument's sake.

Being conservative:

Thomas=90-95 average, Hurn=90-95 average. Overall 180-190

Watson=110-115 average, Ellis=85 average. Overall 190-195

It should net you at least a 5 PPG increase, if not more. But maybe I'm just rambling :p

Certainly seeing many positives out of your suggestion, I will be happy provided I can fit all the rookies I am chasing in.

Gone with:
Hurn to M.Crouch
Thomas to Liberatore
Pavlich to Roughead

Makes the side now:

DEF: J.McVeigh, S.Mitchell, M.Hibberd, K.Simpson, J.Webster, L.McDonald (W.Langford, T.Langdon)
MID: G.Ablett, T.Liberatore, D.Beams, D.Tyson, J.Aish, V.Michie, J.Polec, X.Ellis (L.Dunstan, M.Crouch)
RUCK: M.Leuenberger, A.Sandilands (D.Currie, F.Thurlow)
FWD: P.Dangerfield, N.Riewoldt, D.Martin, J.Roughead, J.Caddy, S.Higgins (M.McDonough, J.Kennedy-Harris)

That more in the line of your thinking mate? :) :p

I have left a nice little $74,000 in the bag for any changes i may like to make. Have good reasoning for each and every one of the guys I've picked. From Roughead (who was immense on the weekend, just following on from last year when he outscored Franklin, Gunston and Hale as the leading Hawks SC forward) to Kade Simpson (mr reliable in super coach after averaging 90+ for the past 5 years).

It really is all about picking the correct rookies and then holding fire until the time is absolutely right to trade out.

Nice little cash nest egg there mate ;) Certainly don't doubt you having your reasons for your choices, I think they are very solid options that majority will reward you in time. :thumbsu:
Couldn't agree more, getting the correct rookies is absolutely crucial to your potential success!
Just not sold on the couple of rookies being super viable scoring wise but as I said will be quality work if they come off, each to their own of course :D good luck with it anyway! :) :thumbsu:

vxlzyp.png

Not sold on Cotchin. Always a soft tissue threat IMO. I'm told Geogriou is unlikely starter although he still sits in my team until teams are named and we can see the rookies playing round 1.

Otherwise ok. Will post mine next please rate

Here is my team. Please rate and help a guy out....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 12

vxlzyp.png
IMO too much money spent on established players in the mids, most of the rookies that are likely to play are mids therefore if you trade down Daisy and another to bolster your backs and mids and get in players that are more likely to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice little cash nest egg there mate ;) Certainly don't doubt you having your reasons for your choices, I think they are very solid options that majority will reward you in time. :thumbsu:
Couldn't agree more, getting the correct rookies is absolutely crucial to your potential success!
Just not sold on the couple of rookies being super viable scoring wise but as I said will be quality work if they come off, each to their own of course :D good luck with it anyway! :) :thumbsu:

All I need is them to play 3 games, 3!

Once you get two rookies to play 3 games, downgrade one to an incumbent rookie and then upgrade the other starting rookie to a fallen/underpriced premium because there is a hell of a lot of them this year (Chapman, Hawkins, Pavlich, Suckling, Marc Murphy off the top of my head not in my side)

Certainly seeing many positives out of your suggestion, I will be happy provided I can fit all the rookies I am chasing in.

Gone with:
Hurn to M.Crouch
Thomas to Liberatore
Pavlich to Roughead

Makes the side now:

DEF: J.McVeigh, S.Mitchell, M.Hibberd, K.Simpson, J.Webster, L.McDonald (W.Langford, T.Langdon)
MID: G.Ablett, T.Liberatore, D.Beams, D.Tyson, J.Aish, V.Michie, J.Polec, X.Ellis (L.Dunstan, M.Crouch)
RUCK: M.Leuenberger, A.Sandilands (D.Currie, F.Thurlow)
FWD: P.Dangerfield, N.Riewoldt, D.Martin, J.Roughead, J.Caddy, S.Higgins (M.McDonough, J.Kennedy-Harris)

That more in the line of your thinking mate? :) :p
That forward line :eek: Damn good side, can't fault that. :thumbsu:

All I need is them to play 3 games, 3!

Once you get two rookies to play 3 games, downgrade one to an incumbent rookie and then upgrade the other starting rookie to a fallen/underpriced premium because there is a hell of a lot of them this year (Chapman, Hawkins, Pavlich, Suckling, Marc Murphy off the top of my head not in my side)

Yep fair point as well, just personally see better options for your price increases than the guys I noted as having doubts about. We all see it different though. Hopefully for your case it works smoothly just like that and your upgrades will come along.

That forward line :eek: Damn good side, can't fault that. :thumbsu:

Haha that's the response I'm looking for when the guys in my big cash league see it! ;) Just hope it performs as well as it looks on paper because I am feeling pretty confident in it at the moment. :cool: (come see me in about round 4 and you might have a different response :p) cheers for the input though, greatly appreciate any different ideas or opinions. :thumbsu: good luck with your side mate, what are you running with by the way? :)

Done alot of moving and have come to this,

$77,000 Remaining.

Back: S.Mitchell, K.Simpson, C.Enright, D.Swallow, L.McDonald, Langdon
(Cutler, Langford)
Mids: G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, T.Rockliff, D.Beams, D.Tyson, J.Aish, J Polec, X.Ellis
(L.Dunstan, M.Crouch)
Rucks: B.McEvoy, A.Sandilands
(T.Nankervis, M.King)
Forwards: P.Dangerfield, D.Martin, T.Mitchell, J.Gunston, J.Caddy, S.Higgins
(J.Kennedy-Harris, J.Impey)

All thoughts and opinions are welcome. Be harsh.

Yep fair point as well, just personally see better options for your price increases than the guys I noted as having doubts about. We all see it different though. Hopefully for your case it works smoothly just like that and your upgrades will come along.

Trying to predict what happens in a month (super coach rookie wise) is so bloody hard. Hoping that guys like Billings, Ashby, Gleeson, Fuller, Lloyd, Brodie Martin can all be up and about in a month and become downgrade targets for moi.

Here is my team. Please rate and help a guy out....
Similar to myself, I feel like you have too many established midfielders. Like Baxter23 said, the most money is made in the midfield, and there are some serious guns you're missing out on like Polec. Otherwise, interesting team.

IMO too much money spent on established players in the mids, most of the rookies that are likely to play are mids therefore if you trade down Daisy and another to bolster your backs and mids and get in players that are more likely to play.
Thanks for the advice, I'll take a look at my mids and see what Ic an do.

If you figure out how to screenshot your team, I'll take a look at it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back