Your 2nd Favorite Club & Most hated Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Second Favourite: North Melbourne. Growing up watching Wayne Carey at his absolute best helped me like North Melbourne.

Most Hated: Adelaide, Collingwood, Carlton

2nd Favourite - Adelaide - Really lapped up their 97/98 flags as Collingwood were crap back then

Hated - Carlton - No explanation needed.

Since coming to BigFooty I've learnt a lot about who hates who that I never knew:

- Carlton hate Essendon instead of Collingwood
- North hate Essendon
- St Kilda hate everyone
- Everyone hates Carlton instead of Collingwood
- No-one hates Richmond
- Plenty of Big Footy posters provide ample incentive to hate the team they support (including Collingwood!)

Surely it's not just a coincidence that majority of the 'most hated' teams are also the most successful (Essendon, Carlton and Collingwood).

Jealousy is a curse ;).

I don't have a 'second favourite'. Don't really believe in them.

However I do have soft spots for West Coast, Sydney and Adelaide. Most likely because they're all interstate teams so I don't see much of them in the media or see many of their supporters.

Don't mind West Coast.

Not a big fan of poor clubs that can't pay their bills and need to the AFL to bail them out beause their supporters are too tight to help.

However I absolutely hate Essendon and Geelong. Especially their supporters who are f#$%ing morons.

- Carlton hate Essendon instead of Collingwood
- North hate Essendon
- St Kilda hate everyone
- Everyone hates Carlton instead of Collingwood
- No-one hates Richmond
- Plenty of Big Footy posters provide ample incentive to hate the team they support (including Collingwood!)

I have come to similar conclusions.

I would only add that Essendon are by far the most hated team and that Geelong are never going to get over 2008

2nd Fav.

North followed by GC. As long as petrie is still playing I'll always have a soft spot for them. GUN PLAYER! :D

Hated.
Essesdon........due to both their supporters and the guys in the team.

2nd favourite used to be Richmond but that changed when I moved to Sydney in 03. Went to Swans games, followed them closely, was a good time to be there as they built up to the 05 flag. More recently though the interest in the Swans has waned a bit and probably gone back towards Richmond.

Most hated has always been Essendon having been born and raised there and surrounded by Bombers flogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2nd fav - Geelong, can't think of a time when I didn't look favourably on them.

Hated - Port, always seem to pull something special out for WC. Hated many of their players (some I loved) and Choco.

St Kilda - Losers who I've always taken specific delite in watching lose no matter how many players they have had who I admired.

I really like the way Freo goes about on the field and I've definitely jumped on the Gold Coast.

Don't really HATE a club, I honestly don't mind Port... except for some of their supporters, namely a few mates :p

Bulldogs cause I've lived in their backyard for 13 years (although I must say they drive me mad - cant imagine what it's like for their supporters:()

The Honest Bombers :thumbsdown:

At AFL level my 2nd team would be Richmond, however the thing I find more interesting
is South Fremantle going from the absolute mortal enemy, scum of the earth during my East Freo Childhood to now being my 2nd WAFL team. I'm sure that that is probably still unthinkable to Baby Boomers, but to me now the 3 Freo sides are all part of Greater Freo. Peel Thunder tugs on my underdog supporting heart strings, one day guys, one day!

Ouch!!

I sometimes think this way, however, I nearly lost my club in 96 and thus usually just end up feeling sorry for any supporter who might go through the same.

I wouldn't care as much if they relocated, but to die would rip the hearts out of too many good people.

Talk of Robin Hood taxes infuriates me. Money taken from the "rich" clubs - or if you prefer the term "well run" clubs and simply handed over to the "poor" or "poorly run" clubs doesn't sit well with me. North were offered the opportunity to relocate and spat back at the AFL. Why should WC and Freo have to burden the cost to keep this leach living? The North stench emanates across the Nullabor with increasing hostility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your 2nd Favorite Club & Most hated Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back