Preview Your Best 22 for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't stress enough how silly I think this opinion is.

Brett Eddy. Michael Wundke. Todd Grima. Daniel Schell. Couple of Ken Farmer medals between them. Jenkins is a significantly better footballer than any of them. It's not even close.

With his size and athleticism, and with the difference in quality of key defenders and the way defences are organized at SANFL level compared to AFL, forget attacking patterns or leading, he'd just be standing there bench pressing defenders or jumping over the top of them all day.

Again, I get that he has flaws. I get that we're all frustrated because we know he has the tools to be much better. But some of these comments are just ludicrous. At the rate his stocks are plummeting in here, in a month I'm expecting to hear that he's so shit he wouldn't get a game for Gaza.

It's a pretty stupid point to argue, cos it's pointless in the scheme of things.

But my point was more so, that Jenkins doesnt play like any of those guys you mentioned. His game style is completely different and he doesn't thrive in contested situations, which is mostly what the SANFL is.

No one will like thea and its not my best 22 but my round one AFL side and SANFL trial at Alberton side as they are both on the same day. Walker needs a game first so I will play him at Alberton and Jenkins also was bad. Give Dear a go at crashing the packs. I will get home from work early to got to Alberton then off home to watch the AFL.

Injured - Smith

SANFL Trial at Alberton 23rd March 4:30pm

F Gallucci Jenkins Fogarty

HF Knight Walker Jarman

C Mackay Greenwood Wilson

HB Signorello Otten Gibson

B Edwards Himmelberg Milera

Ruck

O’Brien

Cey

Poholke

Inter – Davis, Hunter, Mcpherson

AFL Round One Versus Essendon at ES at 7:20 Adelaide Time

F Betts Dear Murphy

HF Douglas McGovern Lynch

C Sloane Gibbs Seedsman

HB Kelly Talia Laird

B Brown Hartigan Doedee

Ruck

Jacobs

B Crouch

M Crouch

Inter – Hampton, Atkins, Cheney, Keath

Round 1 team:
Brown Hartigan Doedee
Laird Talia Douglas
Atkins Sloane Gibbs
Lynch Walker Murphy
Betts McGovern Himmelberg/Dear/Jenkins

Jacobs MCrouch BCrouch

Keath Mackay Greenwood Kelly/Seedsman

Last edited:
No one will like thea and its not my best 22 but my round one AFL side and SANFL trial at Alberton side as they are both on the same day. Walker needs a game first so I will play him at Alberton and Jenkins also was bad. Give Dear a go at crashing the packs. I will get home from work early to got to Alberton then off home to watch the AFL.

Injured - Smith

SANFL Trial at Alberton 23rd March 4:30pm

F Gallucci Jenkins Fogarty

HF Knight Walker Jarman

C Mackay Greenwood Wilson

HB Signorello Otten Gibson

B Edwards Himmelberg Milera

Ruck

O’Brien

Cey

Poholke

Inter – Davis, Hunter, Mcpherson

AFL Round One Versus Essendon at ES at 7:20 Adelaide Time

F Betts Dear Murphy

HF Douglas McGovern Lynch

C Sloane Gibbs Seedsman

HB Kelly Talia Laird

B Brown Hartigan Doedee

Ruck

Jacobs

B Crouch

M Crouch

Inter – Hampton, Atkins, Cheney, Keath
Cheney, Keath, Talia, Hartigan, Kelly, Doedee...wow, that's a defensive backline and way too many 'talls'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only 1 of Doedee, Keath and Cheney for me
Only 2 of Doedee, Kelly & Cheney (& Keath if we need a bigger 3rd defender matchup).
Only 2 of Talia, Hartigan & Keath.

Only 2 of Doedee, Kelly & Cheney (& Keath if we need a bigger 3rd defender matchup).
Only 2 of Talia, Hartigan & Keath.

You would think Kelly is highly rated by Pyke going on last year and Keath would be liked by Pyke as he can play KPF or third tall Pyke definetly likes height that can’t be disputed

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You would think Kelly is highly rated by Pyke going on last year and Keath would be liked by Pyke as he can play KPF or third tall Pyke definetly likes height that can’t be disputed

1 out of 2 can be very much disputed.

You would have to be living under a rock to not realise Doedee is in front of Keath. ;)

1 out of 2 can be very much disputed.

You would have to be living under a rock to not realise Doedee is in front of Keath. ;)

How about Cheney

You would think Kelly is an absolute shoe in

Keath Doedee Cheney Otten are all going for that last possie, Cheney has runs on the board as does Otten Doedee needs to be given an opportunity to see if he is capable as does Keath, Keath has the advantage of being able to replace a KPF aswell

Keath can play KPF? Did he do that in the internal trial?

Otherwise I'm not sure where this comes from
I was at the trial yesterday and Keith played in defence for the majority of the game for what I could see. In fact he intercepted quite a few attacks by the navy blue team. I can see him being a real swing player like Otten but with much more mobility but if the trial game is any indication it doesn't seem the coaches have him in mind for that role.

Reckon Lachie Murphy is in with a big shot of playing R1 and fully deserved too
Coming off the bitter taste of a grand final loss it's so important that a few new names grace our team sheet early on.

The newbies carry no scars, their energy revitalises the group plus earning your spot in the 22 becomes the focus for a large number of players rather than what might happen/did happen at the end of the year.

Coming off the bitter taste of a grand final loss it's so important that a few new names grace our team sheet early on.

The newbies carry no scars, their energy revitalises the group plus earning your spot in the 22 becomes the focus for a large number of players rather than what might happen/did happen at the end of the year.
And if there's a guy with a tough edge it's him. Passed over in 2 main drafts for being short, despite having a cracking SANFL year, he's going to make every post a winner.

Reckon we will see 5 or 6 different players from GF day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Your Best 22 for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back