Prediction Your Draft Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Lachie Fogarty would be a good selection for us as well... Quite quick, loves a goal, get's the pill, smart user. Fogarty was named in the Best in all 7 games he played in TAC level; and did pretty well at the Champs too. He also tackles a hell of a lot, and would provide serious forward pressure and kicks more than a goal a game.

If we got him and Bailey, that is some serious class added. Couple that with a Sam Taylor at 36 or Petty or Clavarino will be there at that pick; and we've made a seriously nice haul.

The thing is, Bailey is a better midfielder than Fogarty, and so if they think Bailey can play Forward to start his career, then we can look at another pick early instead of Fogarty.

Watched him a lot this year and can definitely play forward. Loves a goal and has pretty good goal sense.

Sorry Bailey. Spotted him in his first game of the year when he was an unknown and watched six or seven more times. Could be very special if he gets his kicking right but of course I can't really compare him to people from other states because I haven't seen them play live.

Given where we are at early second round, I think Bailey would be a steal if we got him. From the vision I have seen of him, he looks like a hard at it dynamic player who could well play a defensive forward role early on as he learns his trade and refines his skills. Yes, his kicking is just ok ( not sure how he tested at combine ) but isn't terrible and he has pace to burn.

I'd take him at 22 if he's there.

Murphy seems to be talked about in the teens but who knows if he slides, ditto Bailey and Fogarty. Btw small point but north need mids mids mids at 23 not talls so in the event Brander and a mid got to 22 you would take the mid first and Brander at 24 otherwise Bailey might go at 23.

Ideally I would like:
22- O'brien/Bailey/Fogarty/Kelly (I probably prefer Kelly the most if his interviews check out but I would be happy with any of the 4 as all have real pace and skill by foot). I wouldn't be against Ling either but I have the others ahead of him
24-Brander/Allen/Hayes hopefully one of the three is there (I would bid on Ballenden but I assume Brisbane will match).
35-Hopefully Taylor is here but if he is gone Petty Clavarino both appeal to me and I would consider Wooller (although it depends on 24 as if we get a player like Allen at 24 Wooller is then too similar a type at 36). If we go small here I would be very keen on both Miers and Spargo but I realise both will probably polarise people's opinions. Garner and Worpel will probably be best available here (along with Constable if he is still on the board) but I am not sure we really need either. If we really want McCartin this is probably where he goes.
58-best available small front half player, a Miers/Moore/Sambono/Daniels type.
72 I expect will be a PASS but Floyd looks draftable and I don't mind Butts either.

I like this type of combo but I’d also add Houlahan into the mix. I reckon he’s a really smart player and we will need a medium, goal kicking forward very soon. I think he’s rated a fair bit higher by Wells than many of the BF draft pundits.

I’m not really sold on Clavarino - Petty to me is a more reliable option but I’m not sure he gets to 35? Maybe.

I like the rest though.

I like this type of combo but I’d also add Houlahan into the mix. I reckon he’s a really smart player and we will need a medium, goal kicking forward very soon. I think he’s rated a fair bit higher by Wells than many of the BF draft pundits.

I’m not really sold on Clavarino - Petty to me is a more reliable option but I’m not sure he gets to 35? Maybe.

I like the rest though.

I think Houlahan is overrated tbh. In the past two years across all levels he's played at, the most possessions he's had in a single game is 18. Just doesn't find enough of it.

I think Houlahan is overrated tbh. In the past two years across all levels he's played at, the most possessions he's had in a single game is 18. Just doesn't find enough of it.

He'd be drafted to play predominantly as a medium forward who traditionally don't rack up a ton of possessions. It's more about impact/disposal I think. But I understand your point.

I am undecided on Hayes if we think we can fix his endurance problems he could fit hand in glove for us like Wright would have in 2014 if he slid one more pick, but that's a pretty big IF. I don't have the data the clubs would have to make an accurate call.

Bailey will be gone well before 36 and the noise seems to be McCartin will go 2nd/3rd round not 58. Also Wells said we won't be picking after 72.

Just heard BAnderson say he might get to the 30's ... that seems short sighted to me. If clubs are willing to work with Rainer etc then a guy of Hayes height can be worked with ... he is 3-4 years plus and if he become a 2mp he would be a significant bargain. I dont quite see him the same from what I have seen ... but he could still be a player worthy of a position. If he is there at 35 and we do not take him id be quite disappointed I think.

Anyone know when Brett Anderson's final mock draft will be released? Saw somewhere on here it was reportedly coming out late last week. Does anyone know? I'd trust him the most as he did pretty well in previous mock drafts

Anyone know when Brett Anderson's final mock draft will be released? Saw somewhere on here it was reportedly coming out late last week. Does anyone know? I'd trust him the most as he did pretty well in previous mock drafts

Apparently today but I'm not sure on what forum. He apparently has found this his most difficult mock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just came to ask the same question. I did a google search last night and could only find last years.

He had us taking Stewart at 41 and Ratogolea (excuse spelling) at 44.

Ur an actual idiot, if you honestly rate a player simply cos he's 'young' then your dreaming. If we take him firstly before Wooler and also before pick 58 then it would probably be the mistake of the draft, especially considering the number of other players (better talls) who will be available around our 2nd rounders.

Given you are new here, Ill give you the benefit of some friendly information. You'll last a lot longer here if you dont get stuck into posters in an abusive name calling sense.

If you disagree with their point - discuss it in a civil way. Calling people idiots is not a good start.

Some light reading for you.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/help/terms

Ultimately its up to you - however there are consequences which the above reading will alert you to.

GO Catters

Given where we are at early second round, I think Bailey would be a steal if we got him. From the vision I have seen of him, he looks like a hard at it dynamic player who could well play a defensive forward role early on as he learns his trade and refines his skills. Yes, his kicking is just ok ( not sure how he tested at combine ) but isn't terrible and he has pace to burn.

I'd take him at 22 if he's there.

His kicking seem to lack strength or penetration or something ..but Parfitts kicking look scrappy in his highlights too ... and he looks to have leant to cope with his limitiations by being ready to handpass. He is not the most polished and id like to have seen him play in and around div 1 teams but resonates what I think we need pace in a smallish frame that is not adverse to contested footy.

As usual.. very hard to put a number on him 22 or 35 etc.. Starcvich is considered much later had has similar attributes ...

where did he have Parfitt last year?
His 2016 phantom can be found here . Although Parfitt isn't mentioned in the top 30 he does suggest that Port will be looking at him with their picks in the 30s - if this was our understanding and Wells was keen on Parf then perhaps this is why he was content with bringing in 24?

Good question. I think he tends to list the more obvious so I dare say he wasn't featured.

Brett Anderson from SEN had Parfitt at #55 last year:

55. West Coast

Brandon PARFITT
Ht: 177.1cm | Wt: 78.8 | Small Midfielder | North Adelaide

His 2016 phantom can be found here . Although Parfitt isn't mentioned in the top 30 he does suggest that Port will be looking at him with their picks in the 30s - if this was our understanding and Wells was keen on Parf then perhaps this is why he was content with bringing in 24?
Brett Anderson from SEN had Parfitt at #55 last year:

55. West Coast

Brandon PARFITT
Ht: 177.1cm | Wt: 78.8 | Small Midfielder | North Adelaide

Which a great example of pre draft value... id not be concerned about us drafting someone that atm is considered later... its the draft thats sets the peg in the ground ...

There's actually an article floating around somewhere which shows how accurate the mock drafts has been. If memory serves me correctly, Cal Twomey was #1 and Knightmare #2 with Brett Anderson quite a long way back.

Edit: actually I think it was Matt Balmer that was #1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Your Draft Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Back