Your dream 2024 grand final matchup

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane vs Sydney GF, with the NRL State of Origin NSW vs QLD as a curtain raiser.

Also Brisbane to play in the Fitzroy gear (blue shorts) and Sydney play in the South Melbourne gear (white shorts).
Would be a good romance and nostalgia for Fitzroy-South Melbourne folks

They met a few weeks ago which was one of the games of the season.

Lions vs Bulldogs will be another possible matchup with both teams almost ceased to exist 35 years ago
Another good symbolic Grand Final would be Bulldogs vs Bombers.

Celebrating 100 years ago the clash between VFA Premiers Footscray vs VFL Premiers Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Realistically - Carlton vs Collingwood would be the most exciting to me.

Fairytale - Carlton/Collingwood vs Essendon

I enjoy watching Footscray and Sydney, they're both exciting teams with exciting players so that could be a great match up too.

Would be great to see Freo give it a crack.

F**k Geelong.

any without Geelong will do me

Swans, Lions, Giants and Freo are second clubs and it’s one of those bandwagon Dogs years. Would be ok with Port as an earned one-off. Big 4/Hawks look unlikely at this point. Cats are def the spoiler.

The sad thing for Lions/Swans/Giants/Freo is that a GF loss is gonna be tragic in recent history context. Maybe a narrow loss in a classic for Freo going forward would be least problematic. Therefore dream granny is a Northern (any) defeat gallant Freo. A Swans-Lions going down to the wire would be too unbearable given the stakes (I know Freo are looking for that maiden flag, but they haven’t been a formidable well placed prospect since hitting the cliff in 2015 (2022 close) so can relatively cop a lose-one-before).

Last edited:
Lions v West Coast has always been my grand final fantasy.

But both clubs have almost always been on opposite trajectories when entering or dropping out of their premiership windows.

Descending;

Any non Vic team v swans

any non Vic team v Bris

Any non Vic team v GWS without Toby Green because he got himself suspended for roundhouse kicking the prelim opponents best player

Any non Vic team v GWS with T Green

Daylight

Pacific Ocean

Marianas trench

Crust

Mantle

Earth's core

CHYNA

Victorian team

Remove this Banner Ad

Your dream 2024 grand final matchup

Remove this Banner Ad