Your fav Collingwood moment

Remove this Banner Ad

oooooooooooooooo should i name them. id have to say not my favourite, but my proudest moment was watchin the boys play with so much passion in the 2002 granny. i have never been more proud. this is because iw as 1 year old in the 1990 grand final, so cant remember much. Love watching countless replays tho!

but that rganny, for our new generation of fans, was brilliant, because it was the first time we had seen our club back being successful, and to go down, but play so brilliantly, made me proud. only game we have lost that ican stand to watch, coz i know we did everything we could to win that.

2003 Qualifying final against the Lions, unforgettable last quarter by Didak to secure us a spot in the Perliminary final

ffs u sad, pathtic person, grow up! forums are here so that people can post up queries and opinions. ur a small minority in this wholse site. so contribute somethign or get the f!!! out!

PieLebo87 said:
2003 Qualifying final against the Lions, unforgettable last quarter by Didak to secure us a spot in the Perliminary final

Hell yeah, was that the one where bucks was injured and at the end licca said, "we know bucks needed one week to recover from injury so we thought we would give him 2 as an early christmas present" ?

ok cool, they were both great matches, i thought that we played brissie in brissie when licca said that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wildman said:
Has to be the 1990 grand final win. :D

Agreed!! After growing up wondering if you were ever gonna see us win one, that was the ultimate. Can't wait to enjoy that feeling again. In 2002, round 8 against the lions, Voss got a heavy knock from a combination of a Jonathon Brown elbow and a Nathan Buckley shoulder, he went to ground and tried to get to his feet on three occasions and each time he fell to ground. F****** loved it. As good as Voss is he deserved every painfull moment of it, especially as Buck's contributed to him getting hurt. On the field Voss shows no respect to our magnificant leader so that moment was awesome.. :D

oops, nearly forgot to mention we also won the game. The lions were in their prime, it was a battle for top spot and we were both 6 and 1 going into the game. Just another great pie story..

Can't say the 1990 GF win because I didn't know what AFL was. (I was 3 yrs old when we won)

Didak's last quarter goals against Brisbane Lions was probably my highlight, especially sitting in the old Olympic Stand that was the back drop of his magnificant 6 pointer(s).

PieLebo87 said:

Wasn't around to enjoy the 1990 Granny, but my favourite moment would have to be a toss up out of this game and the 2002 Qualifying Final against Port Adelaide at Aami stadium.

We were huge underdogs and Buckley was ruled out. Lica lifted with 40 touches and we won by 13 points. Also started Ports name of chokers when they went out in straight sets.

Undoubtedley, the 1990 1st Qual final drawn match against eagles..where pants hands it to Brown who in turn hands it to Daics who slots through a reverse checkside in the left forward pocket which coincidentally is where I was also sitting.....

Absolute mayhem ensued....Close second...and another conincidence absolute gospel...Mickey Mcguane's seven bounces out of the circle to slot on through post high which landed a row from where we sitting...ahh memories...

L84AD8 said:
Undoubtedley, the 1990 1st Qual final drawn match against eagles..where pants hands it to Brown who in turn hands it to Daics who slots through a reverse checkside in the left forward pocket which coincidentally is where I was also sitting.....
QUOTE]

:thumbsu: absolutely incredible moment! once in a lifetime and the roar which followed it, said it all, (It was as if people who saw it instinctively had to express to the world an inner satisfaction and gratitude to what had happened all at once..... It had everything, good solid fair bumb excecuted at speed with perfect timing which took everyone including the WE defender by surprize. Great pick up and balk superb handball from Rowdy back to Pants over the shoulder handpass to perfection into an impossible position for goal kicking ...........thats what we all though for a moment........ As many a persons have already said unbelievable moment in footy

Actually, if i narrow it down to the greatest moments, ill say two.. Didak coming onto the ground in the 03 GF and kicks those two amazing goals to seal the game, the noise at the stadium was unbelievable! That is what players play for and what people come to watch, awsome stuff.

The second one is Benny johnson tackling burgoyne in the goal square the year before just before he was about to kick the sealer, we get it down the other end. Goald, also unbelievable stuff with the under dog status and everything. Those memories will live on!!!! Carn the pies.

apart from finals wins, they are seperate

would have to be 2003 rnd 22 vs essenscum

friday night at the g, packed house....collingwood playing for home QF, essendon playing to not travel to perth for the elimination final = the game meant a ******** load!!!

close all night, last quarter j.fraser was brilliant, kicked a goal out of the ruck down at the punt road end, pies win massive send off to the surrounding essenscum supporters, finally we had beaten them when it mattered when both teams were at full strength!!!!!

then followed up by QF win against brizzy, PF win against port.......literally on a high all month.......but the essendon game started the roll

hate essendon

Wildman said:
Has to be the 1990 grand final win. :D

We were living next door to the Carringbush Hotel, and we dragged the couch and tv out on to Raphael St st watch the game. All day we had strangers coming up to watch with us, cars driving around us, it was madness, but great!! :thumbsu:

Replayed the game on continous loop all that evening/night, and had people from the pub coming out to watch. After all that we walked down to Vicky Park along with thousands of other Magpies fans. Brilliant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your fav Collingwood moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back