Your Round One Team

Remove this Banner Ad

After the latest injury news and results of tonight here is the latest incarnation of my round 1 team.

B: Raines Moore Thursfield
HB: Newman McGuane McMahon
C: Deledio Jackson Richo
HF: Morton Reiwoldt Cousins
F: Brown Schulz Tambling
R: Simmonds Tuck Foley
I: Graham White Polo Thomson
E: Bowden Edwards Hislop

Hooray.

Someone put Hislop in!

Updated my team, this is what our team would look like if our coach felt safe in job and was developing for the future.

B: Raines Moore Thursfield
HB: Polo McGuane Newman
C: Rance Foley Richo
HF: Morton Riewoldt Cousins
F: Brown Post Tambling
R: Simmonds Tuck Deledio
I: Browne Collins Thomson White
E: Putt Graham Edwards
with the list we have there is no way we would put that team in....even if his job was secure

It will look like this.

FB: Raines ~ Thursfield ~ Moore

HB: Newman ~ McGuane ~ McMahon

C: Tambling ~ Foley ~ Richardson

HF: Morton ~ Riewoldt ~ Cousins

FF: Brown ~ Schulz ~ Bowden

R: Simmonds ~ Deledio ~ Tuck

INT: Browne ~ White ~ Edwards ~ Jackson

EMER: Collins ~ Rance ~ Polo

It will look like this.

FB: Raines ~ Thursfield ~ Moore

HB: Newman ~ McGuane ~ McMahon

C: Tambling ~ Foley ~ Richardson

HF: Morton ~ Riewoldt ~ Cousins

FF: Brown ~ Schulz ~ Bowden

R: Simmonds ~ Deledio ~ Tuck

INT: Browne ~ White ~ Edwards ~ Jackson

EMER: Collins ~ Rance ~ Polo

:)THERE's our 22!!! Bank on it!!!
Good indication on another thread that Polo won't play from Brian Royal. "He's in our top 24".

I'd like the following;

B: Chris Newman, Will Thursfield, Kelvin Moore
HB: Alex Rance, Luke McGuane, Andrew Raines
C: Matthew Richardson, Shane Tuck, Matt White
HF: Mitch Morton, Jack Riewoldt, Brett Deledio
F: Nathan Brown, Jay Schulz, Joel Bowden
R: Troy Simmonds, Nathan Foley, Ben Cousins
INT: Angus Graham, Dean Polo, Daniel Jackson, Richard Tambling

I hope we see reasonable changes based on form over the pre-season and those that have shown the worth get given their chance , solely replacing injured players Cotchin, Johnson and Patto with Cuz, Gus/Browne and Raines, I think would indicate that our younger players haven't come on enough. I think Rance and Polo have shown enough over pre-season to be given their chance.

B: Raines - Moore - Thursfield
HB: Polo - McGuane - Rance
C: Richo - Jackson - Newman
HF: Brown - Riewoldt - Morton
F: Lids - Schulz - Bowden

R: Simmonds - Foley - Cousins

Int: Tuck - Thompson - Graham/Browne - Tambling

Tatically you need to keep in mind a couple of things, somebody will tag Judd, most would expect Jackson will be given that job.
It is most likely that mids Tuck, Foley and Thompson won't rest on the forward line whereas Lids will and I also think Cousins may spend some limited time upon the forward line.
I think based on pre-season Polo deserves his chance before White, think Polo might also be a nice back-up for Judd ??
I'm prepared to cop the backlash that this comment may cause , but if Jordan McMahon based on pre-season and last season, remains in our best 25-27 we will struggle to improve on our ladder position from last season, Rance for mine, has proven over the pre-season to be his equal and has more upside toward us gaining a premiership.
Raines has proven to be our best option of stopping oppostions small forwards Betts, and like the idea of Newman v Simpson upon the wing.

I'd like the following;

B: Chris Newman, Will Thursfield, Kelvin Moore
HB: Alex Rance, Luke McGuane, Andrew Raines
C: Matthew Richardson, Shane Tuck, Matt White
HF: Mitch Morton, Jack Riewoldt, Brett Deledio
F: Nathan Brown, Jay Schulz, Joel Bowden
R: Troy Simmonds, Nathan Foley, Ben Cousins
INT: Angus Graham, Dean Polo, Daniel Jackson, Richard Tambling

White for Thompson and I totally agree with the 22.:D

this is the side I think we'll take into round 1, not necessarily the team I would pick.

B: Raines Thursfield Moore
HB: Newman McGuane Edwards
C: McMahon Deledio Richo
HF: Cousins Reiwoldt Bowden
F: Morton Schulz Brown
Foll:Simmo Tuck Foley
I:White, Jackson, Tambling, Browne

Emer: Polo, Rance, Collins.

Would love to see Cotchin Thompson Polo, Connors, Rance and Post(for a few games) force their way into the side as the season progresses.

I have a feeling that we'll play Hislop. I won't be too happy about that, but the coaches seem to rate him.

B: Raines - Thursfield - Moore
HB: McMahon - McGuane - Newman
C: Richo - Tuck - Deledio
HF: Brown - Riewoldt - Tambling
F: Bowden - Schulz - Morton

1R: Simmo - Foley - Jackson

Int: Browne - White - Cousins - Polo

Emg: Rance - Hislop - Edwards

Really want to fit in those 3 EMG's, Polo will probably miss which is unfortunate.

I'll go with this line up...

B: Raines - McGuane - Thursfield
HB: Newman - Moore - McMahon
C: Richo - Tuck - Deledio
HF: Brown - Riewoldt - Tambling
F: Morton - Schulz - White

R: Simmonds - Jackson - Foley

I/C: Browne - Bowden - Cousins - Polo

Emg: Edwards - Rance - Collins

Re. Hislop... I hope he does not play. Has not done enough yet and certainly has not done more than others...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DEAN POLO MUST PLAY!!!

Firstly, he has shown much more this pre-season than Edwards has. Cotch is out, Johnson is out... if Polo can't get a game there is no point of him being on the list and should have been traded.

Secondly, we need a contingency plan. Surely Jackson will start on Judd, if he gets out of control Polo is another tagging option. As well as this, Polo is far more versatile than Edwards. Edwards plays predominately on a HFF/wing. Polo however has proven he can play centre, back line and forward line (1st game against Essendon - 3 goals and BOG?).

Finally with Polo in the side starting on the half back flank, it allows Tambling to have free reign in the half forward flank, letting him do as he pleases with not as much pressure as he would usually have. Oh and also Polo will add the aggressiveness and toughness we need when on the ground.

so Terry... PLAY DEAN POLO!!

I see the most diehard Tigerheads (Pheonix, Montana, Roachy etc) already have a pretty good idea of the squad from another site, OER

It's pretty obvious that Browne WILL play, while Thompson, Graham and Hislop WON'T play.

Imo Edwards, Polo, White, Rance and Collins are the only names that are contentious. White will probably get a gig and with our back six looking pretty settled and Collins yet to play you would say final spot is out of Edwards or Polo, with Edwards probably just getting the nod.

Polo very unlucky

DEAN POLO MUST PLAY!!!

Firstly, he has shown much more this pre-season than Edwards has. Cotch is out, Johnson is out... if Polo can't get a game there is no point of him being on the list and should have been traded.

Secondly, we need a contingency plan. Surely Jackson will start on Judd, if he gets out of control Polo is another tagging option. As well as this, Polo is far more versatile than Edwards. Edwards plays predominately on a HFF/wing. Polo however has proven he can play centre, back line and forward line (1st game against Essendon - 3 goals and BOG?).

Finally with Polo in the side starting on the half back flank, it allows Tambling to have free reign in the half forward flank, letting him do as he pleases with not as much pressure as he would usually have. Oh and also Polo will add the aggressiveness and toughness we need when on the ground.

so Terry... PLAY DEAN POLO!!

I agree, Polo over Edwards for now, if selection goes the other way I'd be extremely dissapointed. Would also have Thomson over White.

After reading Brian Royals appraisal of Tambling in the list assessment, can we be sure he's a monty to play tomorrow night?

Just putting it out there . . . .

TW love child along with McMahon, pretty confident he will be selected even though he doesn't deserve it. Much the opposite with Polo, never been big wraps for him but he has impressed me in the NAB Cup and deserves a spot infront of a fair few to be honest.

I love Titchy Edwards, for me, he just looks a really likely type.

However for team structure I reckon Polo would be a better fit. At Coburg level last year he showed that he can play taller then he is. Could be an ideal matchup for a Walker or a Fisher. With Newy, McMohan, Raines, White, Tambling in the team Edwards does offer anything we don't already have in the backline.

Pheonix asked if Tambling was a certainty, what about White? He has a couple of pretty average Pre-season games however he was apparently pretty good against Brisbane

Pheonix asked if Tambling was a certainty, what about White? He has a couple of pretty average Pre-season games however he was apparently pretty good against Brisbane

Despite what others saw, I liked White's game vs Collingwood. Thought he was one of our better players.

So 2 out of 3 good games in the pre-season is enough for me to lock White in as a definite best 22.

Tambling not so much an instant inclusion on form or by Brian Royal's comments. But if he was good against St Kilda and Brisbane maybe he does have form going in, we just missed it. I would have him in our best 22 that I would put together right now, but I'm just not convinced he's a lock to play just yet.

I love Titchy Edwards, for me, he just looks a really likely type.

However for team structure I reckon Polo would be a better fit. At Coburg level last year he showed that he can play taller then he is. Could be an ideal matchup for a Walker or a Fisher. With Newy, McMohan, Raines, White, Tambling in the team Edwards does offer anything we don't already have in the backline.

yeah and if you factor in the number of small forwards that have carved out a cavernous hole in our arse holes over the stretch, you will understand why they have been grooming him down back. i.e. we cant afford to have plan a for a small forward and if plan a fails, we have ****ing nothing. We now have Titch for plan a or b and Betts is assignment 1 for him.. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Your Round One Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back