Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm doing Beach Fossils too. A Friday night so it could verrrry potential clash with a Freo final.

I've got Japandroids next week, Foals the night before the Granny, The Cribs in October (maybe in Brisbane), and Mac DeMarco (with Twerps) around Christmas time.

Aren't you in Melbourne? Beach Fossils are in Sydney on the Friday and Melbourne on the Saturday IIRC

Missed out on Japandroids tickets up here. They're playing at the relatively small Manning Bar at Sydney Uni, not a big allotment of tickets unfortunately. I didn't know Mac DeMarco was coming to Australia...I'll have to investigate.

Aren't you in Melbourne? Beach Fossils are in Sydney on the Friday and Melbourne on the Saturday IIRC

Missed out on Japandroids tickets up here. They're playing at the relatively small Manning Bar at Sydney Uni, not a big allotment of tickets unfortunately. I didn't know Mac DeMarco was coming to Australia...I'll have to investigate.

Ah yeah, you're right. Knew it'd clash with some footy game but whatever. Aren't Japandroids doing a second show up there?

Apparently King Krule is coming here soon as well.

Ah yeah, you're right. Knew it'd clash with some footy game but whatever. Aren't Japandroids doing a second show up there?

Apparently King Krule is coming here soon as well.

Not that I know of. Think they're just doing the one sold out show at Manning.

Considering seeing **** Buttons too. Not just for the name.

Anyone else going to Japandroids tonight?

I swear, if it's another typical Corner Hotel crowd I'll be livid.

What did you think man?

I loved Post-Nothing. There aren't many bands that I can say I've been following right from their inception but JPNDRDS are one and that album was pretty much the soundtrack of my Year 11 and Year 12.

I'm still pretty unsure on Celebration Rock. The songs are obviously good but the whole thing feels like a watered down PN. Evil's Sway and Younger Us are outstanding tunes but YU is actually quite an old song.

Was a decent gig. You know what you are going to get with Corner crowds; bogans, quasi indies and a smattering of JJJ types. I guess that comes with their rise into the JJJ circuit. Was a very energetic gig though; Brian's a very good entertainer and he's a funny guy.

Loved hearing Crazy Forever. Surprised Rockers East Vancouver didn't get a better reception but anyway.. Would have loved to hear I Quit Girls.

Didn't get a parking ticket this time either :thumbsu:

What did you think man?

I loved Post-Nothing. There aren't many bands that I can say I've been following right from their inception but JPNDRDS are one and that album was pretty much the soundtrack of my Year 11 and Year 12.

I'm still pretty unsure on Celebration Rock. The songs are obviously good but the whole thing feels like a watered down PN. Evil's Sway and Younger Us are outstanding tunes but YU is actually quite an old song.

Was a decent gig. You know what you are going to get with Corner crowds; bogans, quasi indies and a smattering of JJJ types. I guess that comes with their rise into the JJJ circuit. Was a very energetic gig though; Brian's a very good entertainer and he's a funny guy.

Loved hearing Crazy Forever. Surprised Rockers East Vancouver didn't get a better reception but anyway.. Would have loved to hear I Quit Girls.

Didn't get a parking ticket this time either :thumbsu:

I had a great time. Had a handful of beers and lost about all of its alcohol through sweat. Probably one of the sweatiest gigs I've seen, but I was row one, two, and three the whole night so I copped the most of it. They put on a pretty energetic set and they were sincere and fun – and, well, you don't get that with every band (let alone ones who play at the Corner). So it was a good night out and a good set of oh-ohs and arm movements...

But, I dunno, they really aren't amazing songwriters. And if they're going to churn out a third record, it really has to take a while and they need to make sure the songs are interesting to listen to. I just think there isn't much substance and it takes a fluke for that much emotion and first-punching to amount to something amazing (The House that Heaven Built).

September: Twelve Foot Ninja w Caligula's horse, Kvelertak, LOG/Meshuggah

October: Enslaved w Ne Obliviscaris (maybe), Devin Townsend Project, Korpiklaani, Chaos Divine

November: Harvest (maybe)

December: Kataklysm

2014: SW

Sup. I have a ticket for Beach Fossils in Melbourne tomorrow (Saturday) night. $20 instead of the $33. If you're keen. Send me a PM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to Dead Letter Circus and Karnivool this Saturday in Sydney. Both bands put on a good show. I'd love to know why Karnivool have pretty much ditched Shutter Speed from their live routine. A great tune that is perfectly up tempo for live music.

Been a few months since I've been to a show. Only went to about half a dozen last year. Need to get back into the scene. Don't know why I've dropped off it so much in the last 12-18 months. Coincided with moving back to Sydney which is not surprising enough.

Port Royal Street Party on Saturday with Cosmic Psychos, Meanies, Murlocs, Batpiss and more.

Sunday EyeHateGod at Hifi

Wednesday Ghost at Hifi

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Going to Dead Letter Circus and Karnivool this Saturday in Sydney. Both bands put on a good show. I'd love to know why Karnivool have pretty much ditched Shutter Speed from their live routine. A great tune that is perfectly up tempo for live music.

Been a few months since I've been to a show. Only went to about half a dozen last year. Need to get back into the scene. Don't know why I've dropped off it so much in the last 12-18 months. Coincided with moving back to Sydney which is not surprising enough.

Firstly, I went to the K/DLC gig in Melbourne, was pretty good although I wasn't too impressed in the sound quality of the palace especially when DLC were playing, although it could have been just standing in the wrong spot perhaps..

Secondly, I'm kinda the same as you although I like to see alot of the smaller Aust bands usually and a lot of them haven't been playing many gigs in 2013 which sucked!

Firstly, I went to the K/DLC gig in Melbourne, was pretty good although I wasn't too impressed in the sound quality of the palace especially when DLC were playing, although it could have been just standing in the wrong spot perhaps..
Interesting. When living in Melbourne I saw Karnivool at the Palace and the bass was absolutely rumbling. Been to other shows there and the sound is usually first rate.

They are playing at a Uni Bar this weekend which has never been renowned for it's high sound quality. It's usually just a place where the kids (and formely me) go to get ****ed up, listen to some shitty disco tunes and get a root. To be fair I'll be about 3 bodies from the front giving it socks.

Not any more!
Damn!

Was speaking to the promoter on Tuesday night and he was utterly thrilled they were coming. Very disappointing that something went wrong somewhere.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hoping to sneak into The Julie Ruin tonight - I've had a pretty good success rate sneaking into The Corner, but admitedly haven't done it for a few years... Maybe they've cottoned on?

I snuck into two gigs there last year, one probably its highest profile of the year. My mate snuck into a few I was at too. There's about three ways and at least one will work. G'luck.

It should be good if they would play all of their early stuff.

What do you think of La Disputes new song ?

I'd love if they played a lot off the first three LP's. I still haven't really listened to Reflector properly (it's two discs, so it's difficult) and the bulk of the show seems to be those jams..

I forgot they'd released a tune. I just went and listened to it then and it sounds decent - they've definitely continued on that Wildlife sound. I just wish they'd go back to the sound of Somewhere.. in terms of the guitar licks, Jordans stream-of-consciousness lyrics, more dynamic. Wildlife seemed too structured.

It'll be killer none-the-less.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back