Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

GBH were bloody great a couple of nights ago. Old punk guys definitely do it best! The drummer was an absolute machine and really, all of them killed it considering they've been around nearly 40 years. I especially enjoyed the guitarist's no bullshit attitude. You cant beat plugging straight into a Marshall, no effects needed!

Neko Case, KD Lang and Laura Veirs have just announced an album and US tour to support it. They will be known as Case/Lang/Veirs.

I heard their first song today and it is fantastic.

No tickets on sale yet for this show, but I will be in New York on the day they play Brooklyn, so I may be in with a chance.

Got the Buzzcocks next week
Courtney Barnett the week after
City Calm down twice in April
Violent soho and DZ Deathrays in April
The Cure in Salt Lake City and Denver in June

2016 is lookin' alrrriighhtttt!

Got the Buzzcocks next week
Courtney Barnett the week after
City Calm down twice in April
Violent soho and DZ Deathrays in April
The Cure in Salt Lake City and Denver in June

2016 is lookin' alrrriighhtttt!

I have The Buzzcocks coming up too. We will be in the States later this year and just miss out on seeing The Cure. Thankfully, I have seen them already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to see Wynton Marsalis' Swing Symphony with Jazz at Lincoln Centre Orchestra and the West Australian Symphony Orchestra.

The first half will be a historical look at jazz through the ages with the second half being Marsalis' own Symphony No 3 Swing Symphony.

The last time he was here was one of the great concerts that I have ever seen, so pretty excited about tonight.

I have The Buzzcocks coming up too. We will be in the States later this year and just miss out on seeing The Cure. Thankfully, I have seen them already.
I've been lucky to see them as twice as well but to see them in the states I just couldn't pass that up! Sucks you got to miss out. Buzzcocks are next Thursday for me, one of my favourites.

I've been lucky to see them as twice as well but to see them in the states I just couldn't pass that up! Sucks you got to miss out. Buzzcocks are next Thursday for me, one of my favourites.

Actually, I am a liar. I am not going to see The Buzzcocks. I had too many gigs coming up to fit in my schedule and budget and had to choose between Stiff Little Fingers and the Buzzcocks. I saw The Buzzcocks a couple of years ago ( they were brilliant), so chose SLF instead.

Actually, I am a liar. I am not going to see The Buzzcocks. I had too many gigs coming up to fit in my schedule and budget and had to choose between Stiff Little Fingers and the Buzzcocks. I saw The Buzzcocks a couple of years ago ( they were brilliant), so chose SLF instead.
Stiff Little Fingers sold out in Brisbane for me, was gutted!

Sufjan was great as always!

Yes he was.

His acoustic performances were beautiful. The band was so tight and restrained on those arrangements. His voice was glorious and those latest songs are probably the best things he has ever written. Then the electronic, weird side of him is another beast. Loops, beats, crazy keyboards, amazing drumming (that guy was a highlight), the light show....

He is like nobody else performing at the moment.

Understatement. I assume wherever you saw him was as good as Melbourne, where he was absolutely breath taking. Admittedly it was my first time seeing him but he surpassed all my expectations completely. The electronic jam to finish the 'main' part of the show was incredible.
Saw him wed night. I've seen him twice before during the Age of Adz tour and he was phenomenal there. I wish he kept it purely acoustic though for this album sometimes the songs from Carrie and Lowell were electronicised (not sure if a word haha) and it felt a tad jarring despite how awesome it was hearing it in a different arrangement.

Saw him wed night. I've seen him twice before during the Age of Adz tour and he was phenomenal there. I wish he kept it purely acoustic though for this album sometimes the songs from Carrie and Lowell were electronicised (not sure if a word haha) and it felt a tad jarring despite how awesome it was hearing it in a different arrangement.

I have disagree in regards to the electronic aspect particularly with how the songs translate live, adds a whole new layer to the performance, the energy was immense. I'm not really sure if it is a different arrangement, the album has subtle electronic aspects throughout.

I have disagree in regards to the electronic aspect particularly with how the songs translate live, adds a whole new layer to the performance, the energy was immense. I'm not really sure if it is a different arrangement, the album has subtle electronic aspects throughout.
Like I said, I do enjoy the different arrangements of the songs but I was really hoping it would all be laid bare. Those synth and electronic parts are so subtle you can barely distinguish them and just wanted to see them all like that live.

ALVVAYS @ NSC - Really fun show. Looking forward to their new album. Got a huge crush on Molly Rankin right now. Thanks 2 Popfrenzy for the door spot :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back